Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

I'm Blackman

Prep time > Everything
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside of Gotham (Montgomery, AL)
Great album by the goat. I still think cheat codes is my album of the year. I gotta run kd3 back tho
..only spun it once and it was really good. I gotta unplug from the reviews ect. and live it with it a while.

but kdot number 3 for me this year, and kd3 and cheat codes competiting for my rap album of the year.

I'm Blackman

Prep time > Everything
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside of Gotham (Montgomery, AL)
That must mean you think the quality of rap shot all the way up this year as opposed to last year

Cuz imo, I know everybody’s opinion is different… but KD3 shyts all over KD2 and Magic

Y’all gotta understand how important it is that Nas ain’t pick and choose his spots to rap for a whole album…

The way Nas was rhyming on Nobody, Store Run, & Rare on KD2, & the majority of Magic… he did that shyt for this entire album and even leveled it up :wow:

Most people are still fronting like Nas wasn’t mostly coasting on KD2 like Jay did on the Blueprint & Magna Carter. The album was still great but it’s ok to tell the truth

Store run might be my favorite Nas song in the last 10 years.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
on Thun and Nas is going off...he actually sounds close to his old self but he won't have that "not even trying" smooth delivery he had when he was younger

as for Hit-Boy...he's not a bad producer, I just feel like other producer would make superior versions of these same beats
Which producer. I would love to know

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
Feel the beat breaks, serial defaced for Jakes
A license to carry still ain't safe in New York State
It's still a lot of ways to manage the life expectancy average
The future of our next generation ain't been established
Conflicted by some of the same patterns that had us
Money and social status, tell me what really matters
So who are you when they turn of all the cameras?

BARS

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Kd2, Magic and Kd3 are better than

Nasir, Life Is Good (debatable tho), Untitled, Hiphop Is Dead, Streets Disciple, and God's Son

These guys strung together projects back to back to back to back that supassed anything GOAT did the previous 2 decades. That aint by accident

Not only is the quality there but he's not taking 5-7 years to release his projects now. Those two have clearly figured out the cheat code in the studio

HitBoy is Nas' Quincy for real.

The six-year gap between Life is Good and Nasir wasn't normal for Nas. Until 2012, he had a new album every year or two. And he was also starting to come into his own as a businessman while getting things in order for the move to Mass Appeal. First project he dropped was The Lost Tapes II, before Hit Boy came into the picture.

Also, Hit Boy had to get better as a producer. If they had hooked up ten years ago, that album wouldn't have been at the current level of quality. And as their chemistry grew, the music got even better. Everything had to happen exactly the way it happened for us to get the partnership we have now.

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
One thing after Magic &KD3 this guy still exist not to be fukked wit
Nas-photographed-in-1994-billboard-1548.jpg

:wow:

kej718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

jensyao

Collector
Daps
Reppin
Schooling people takes forever; don't bother

yeah i have no idea where these dudes be getting their footage sometimes or if people just voluntarily submit them in and then they get the watermark on the video....the ones on IG that i found have incomplete parts of the whole speech and this seems to be the whole thing...i'm still waiting for random other videos to trickle onto social media before i make the whole video compilation

....found a cool concept album cover concept on the way

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
"My first album had no famous guest appearances/the outcome? I'm crowned the best lyricist"

I guess the GOAT was trying to channel that Illmatic energy with this one :wow:

This album feels more like Magic part 2 rather than KD album.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
The KD3 chick was on Twitter spaces and had some interesting things to say…

-Says that the streaming tracking is on par with KD2

-Says that Hood2Hood is currently the lowest streaming track on the album. Legit, Beef, and Michael & Quincy are the highest

-Says that the reason there was no New York date for the Nas/Wu-Tang Clan tour was because he was saving it for the Madison Square Garden announcement

-Says Mass Appeal is doing well in India and they have plans to open a label in another country next year. Says Divine is doing incredible.

-Says Mass Appeal in US isn’t doing so well and that Nas is one of only 3 artists currently on the label. He’s single handedly keeping the lights on.

-Says the bulk of Nas pure sales come from Amazon and that Amazon always rolls out the red carpet for Nas

-Says that for the first time every song on KD3 has charted on Apple’s Hip Hop top 200 charts

-Talked a little bit about Nas and Hit-Boy’s relationship and says Nas helped him with his contract situation so even though he’s still on the contract its more fair and favorable for him and that helped strengthen the bond between them.

-Confirmed Nas owns the Masters for all the Mass Appeal albums and says he’s “trying to get ownership of a few more from the past” but wouldn’t go into further detail.

-Says Nas laughed off the rumors Jay Elect wrote for him and felt no way about it.

-Says Nas writes for a lot of artists but never takes credit