Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
That must mean you think the quality of rap shot all the way up this year as opposed to last year

Cuz imo, I know everybody’s opinion is different… but KD3 shyts all over KD2 and Magic

Y’all gotta understand how important it is that Nas ain’t pick and choose his spots to rap for a whole album…

The way Nas was rhyming on Nobody, Store Run, & Rare on KD2, & the majority of Magic… he did that shyt for this entire album and even leveled it up :wow:

Most people are still fronting like Nas wasn’t mostly coasting on KD2 like Jay did on the Blueprint & Magna Carter. The album was still great but it’s ok to tell the truth
Bro i cannot see people who appreciate Nas’ rhymes not liking this one over the others but I understand. The others been out for a while and people grew attached. U had people saying KD1 was better than KD2 when it dropped. That shyt switched after a few months. U had people saying KD2 was over Magic when it dropped. That shyt switched after a few months.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
You was letting that 9th Wonder shade cloud your mind. The veil has slowly been lifted.

Welcome home breh
Lol but in all fairness, despite me being a Jay fan, my senior quote in high school is a Nas bar from Nothing Lasts Forever off Lost Tapes. I even tried to be slick and quoted him as Nasir Jones instead of just putting Nas underneath the quote.

"Everything will eventually come to an end. So try to savor the moment, cause time flies don't it..."

So at the same time I've always been a Nas fan too.

Jamaro85

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ghetto reporter gotta be the best nas intro in a minute....that shyt is just:whoo:
Yep, it's dope. Saw someone say it was one of his weaker ones, and I can't agree. The beat set the tone for the type of production to come on the rest of the album, the energy of the beat and Nas were high, and most importantly Nas was spitting.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I just can’t get into hit boys production
This may be an unpopular take in this thread, but I think he's a better producer than beatmaker. I'm not trying to be cute or play with words too much either. Like, if you put a bunch of his beats on a beat tape they aren't gonna blow me away. I think he's an above average beat-maker but not elite or anything. But with that being said...he's perfect at picking what sounds best for Nas to rhyme over, and he's versatile enough to give a ton of different sound. He's like a jack of all trades and master of none to me. He's able to be a little bit of a chameleon but without being a shark or a biter. He can sprinkle in a little bit of Timbo style, Just Blaze, Bink, Conductor Williams, Alchemist, Kanye, Pharrell, Preemo...

I feel like a lot of other producers would sound stale after 4 albums, but he's got enough ability to hop in and out of different bags where it keeps sounding fresh to me.

There are producers where I can't wait to hear their instrumental projects, and producers that are better suited to working with artists. Hit-Boy is the latter to me. Which honestly is the more important skill unless you just want to cater to die hard beat heads.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Bro i cannot see people who appreciate Nas’ rhymes not liking this one over the others but I understand. The others been out for a while and people grew attached. U had people saying KD1 was better than KD2 when it dropped. That shyt switched after a few months. U had people saying KD2 was over Magic when it dropped. That shyt switched after a few months.

I’m one of the few people on EARTH who feels KD2>>>> Magic but i’ve ALWAYS valued conceptual, deep thinking, music with a message Nas over “straight beats and rhymes” Nas. Its why I think It Was Written is objectively better than Illmatic (though Illmatic’s impact CANNOT be matched) and Untitled is my personal favorite Nas album.

KD3 is, if not LEAPS better than KD2, definitely a progressive step forwards. It seamlessly combines Magic’s flow, elite lyricism, and wittiness with KD2’s messaging, concepts, and delivery. In the way that Magic was a spiritual sequel to Illmatic, KD3 is a spiritual sequel to It Was Written. Beef sounds like a modern day I Gave You Power. Legit and Thun have the urgency and imagery of The Message and Suspect.

And he did this BY HIMSELF! NO FEATURES!

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Yep, it's dope. Saw someone say it was one of his weaker ones, and I can't agree. The beat set the tone for the type of production to come on the rest of the album, the energy of the beat and Nas were high, and most importantly Nas was spitting.

If there is ANYTHING i’d put KD2 over KD3 about its that I think The Pressure is a slightly better intro. Nas was talking that shyt on The Pressure plus the way the built builds was incredible