Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
nas-as-michael-jackson-on-halloween-1540809041-view-1.jpg

"Thriller 40" Anniversary album is dropping this month too (10 rare songs included, double disc). Nas has always showed Michael and the entire Jackson Family love. From sampling "Human Nature" on "ILLmatic" to admitting that the "ILLmatic" cover was actually inspired by the Jackson 5. "Michael and Quincy" was a nice tribute. I feel sorry for people that missed out on Michael. You really had to be there. He will be talked about for generations, "Thriller" will never be outsold globally.

quincy-jones-and-michael-jackson.jpg

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I agree on Gibbs, but to be fair he is at the point I hold him to a higher standard because of the stuff he’s done with Alchemist and Madlib. He’s on that “if it ain't great its disappointing” list.

Nas just untouchable right now.

Me too. Alfredo was a VERY good album and of course his work with Madlib is timeless. I was looking for him to put it all together with this one but it was too long and too disjointed and felt like one of those albums that were full of “check list” songs instead of going in with the mindset of making the BEST overall effort possible

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
This bum ass nikka 21 Savage.... his bum ass said Nas aint relevant... I knew i didnt like this British ass tea drinking nikka

I fukk with 21 but who cares bruh, relevancy is all relative to the age and mentality that you in

I’m the same age as 21 but I’m from Jersey and grew up on Nas and Hov so they will always be relevant to me as I’ve always been more of an old soul hanging around older cats coming up.

I don’t expect a younger trap rapper nikka from Atlanta to view Nas in high regard although there is a certain level of respect that should be there regardless but it’s whatever

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I like the Gibbs album but didn't really revisit it after that release weekend because I got busy and then got sick around that time. I'll have to listen again.

Too early to make definitive statements but off a couple days of listening I don't think KD3 surpasses the albums in my top 3-4. It's early though like I said plus more dope shyt is coming out before the year end. I felt like KD2/Magic were top 3 albums of the rap year pretty quickly.

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
Breh, nas is the best (in general) but especially when it comes to incorporating a word or a short phrase and it's meaning or theme into a song.
For example how he incorporates 'Queens in the house' in Thun.
He has done it multie times in his career - get down, you da man, stay, I'm on fire, etc...

I just love it when he does that :banderas:

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Gibbs actually disappointed in my opinion

Lupe did excellent for an album written and recorded in 48 hours and Pusha’s album was solid.

Nas dropped a bomb on ALL of them
Yeah I ain’t big on Gibbs anyway. Lupe’s my main man after Nas, DMIZ was awesome but it was practice really

The Forever Story by JID I can see rivaling this. If somebody said that beats out KD3, wouldn’t be mad at al

Might be a few others, but nah

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I like the Gibbs album but didn't really revisit it after that release weekend because I got busy and then got sick around that time. I'll have to listen again.

Too early to make definitive statements but off a couple days of listening I don't think KD3 surpasses the albums in my top 3-4. It's early though like I said plus more dope shyt is coming out before the year end. I felt like KD2/Magic were top 3 albums of the rap year pretty quickly.
What albums u got over it?

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin

That must mean you think the quality of rap shot all the way up this year as opposed to last year

Cuz imo, I know everybody’s opinion is different… but KD3 shyts all over KD2 and Magic

Y’all gotta understand how important it is that Nas ain’t pick and choose his spots to rap for a whole album…

The way Nas was rhyming on Nobody, Store Run, & Rare on KD2, & the majority of Magic… he did that shyt for this entire album and even leveled it up :wow:

Most people are still fronting like Nas wasn’t mostly coasting on KD2 like Jay did on the Blueprint & Magna Carter. The album was still great but it’s ok to tell the truth