Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

John Mexico

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Henderson, NV
My only nitpicky gripe:

The latter half doesn't keep up with the torrential downpour of the first four tracks.

Those first four are 10/10s. Like DEITY shyt, rapping AND production, of any and every rubric of music. Like one of the best first 4 songs of an album I've heard in over a decade. Like he forgot he was 49 :russ:Although I'm wondering if I just gotta take into account that this is how these two make the magic they do.

Last portion kinda bleeds into itself a little. It's not perfectly paced but yeah not a single track is too long in length. WTF SMH was a nice pace breaker for sure

There's no weakness IMO here though. No sleepy Brunch on Sunday(imo) or a weak feature in Replace Me, which was a crime because on Detroit 2 Sean was rapping rapping.

Last edited:

John Mexico

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Henderson, NV
I appreciate Nas. One of the greatest writers/rappers of all time. Credit to Hit-Boy too great beats, only thing I don't like is some of the trap beat switches. Some just don't feel natural.

Also whats the Pete Rock diss mean?

I highly disagree. Rare and Mike and Quincy just show that they have so many good ideas that they need to literally look for pockets to put those ideas

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
Man this album is amazing. Listened to it twice now and im blown away by the fact Nas has delivered 4 albums worth of this quality in such a short space of time. Nas has finally lapped Hov as my GOAT :wow:

So many quotables, features aren't missed at all because Hits production is as versatile as Nas' pen.

Im gonna sit with this for a long time.

SwizzLake

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
My only nitpicky gripe:

The latter half doesn't keep up with the torrential downpour of the first four tracks.

Those first four are 10/10s. Like DEITY shyt, rapping AND production, of any and every rubric of music. Like one of the best first 4 songs of an album I've heard in over a decade. Like he forgot he was 49 :russ:Although I'm wondering if I just gotta take into account that this is how these two make the magic they do.

Last portion kinda bleeds into itself a little. It's not perfectly paced but yeah not a single track is too long in length. WTF SMH was a nice pace breaker for sure

There's no weakness IMO here though. No sleepy Brunch on Sunday(imo) or a weak feature in Replace Me, which was a crime because on Detroit 2 Sean was rapping rapping.

I love Serious Interlude, 30, Till My Last Breath, I'm on Fire, WTF SMH... in fact I love the latter half more, Thun though is the best track off the album.

kej718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
JEnfrtp_d.webp

Jay Kast

Hidden Royalty
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Riff Magazine review

No score but HIGHLY FAVORABLE write up

“The bright, synth-driven “Hood2Hood” is about communities bonding together and taking care of their own. The album’s best-produced song is easily “Recession Proof,” which makes the most out of very little with a dynamic, rumbling bass melody that’s paired with rattling snares. Nas flexes his muscles as a storyteller, discussing how he survived life in the hood during his youth. It’s almost like this is a lost track. It would’ve been right at home on his first release.”

Dawg I swear I told my brother that "Recession Proof" sounds like it could've fit on Lost Tapes - so funky it had my face scrunched.

King Ming

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Azania
nikkas talkin bout they sound “thin” in here. Lol. shyt crazy. Then be cool with “Wu Is For The Children” while dope is just a drumless loop for the most part.

😂 On a serious note... Hitboy the best producer out right now!

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
First time you heard of Nas, I prolly was under some pressure
Gun in the dresser while you was baggin' up in the kitchen playin' my records
Your first time was you hittin' the gas
In the whip with some ass, you never hit and she passed
Your real music test to know if she into the ad-libs
Real rap shyt, yeah

:wow::wow::wow: