Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

Lonj

Superstar
Daps
:blessed: Once a man, twice a child

That's my goat.

raw

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Review from Shifter Magazine

No score but HIGHLY FAVORABLE write up

“Nas paints with his words, breaking things down poetically for the fan who’s listening with both their mind and ears. His taste for poetics is most evident on “Beef”. Nas gets in his personification bag in a way only he can. Like his 90s classics “I Gave You Power” and “Last Words” where he speaks from the perspective of a gun and a jail cell, Nas again embodies the inanimate by bringing life to a concept every rap figure is familiar with: “Beef”.

Calling out how nonsensical beef can be, Nas takes possession of its notion. With masterful use of metaphors, Nas helps us realize that beef can be our own self-inflicted stumbling block, and worse yet, a deterrent in the progress of the Black community––a dilemma that is alluded to throughout the album.”

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
RGM Rating
B+

“As much as I want to bow the f**k down to Nas, the biggest kudos in the world have to go to Hit-Boy. I literally think that the beats he hooked Nas up with were amazing. The way he was able to channel different eras, different tones, different gears, and different coasts throughout the album blew me away. Aside from that, I feel like the beats are multi-layered, intricate, and powerful as hell.”

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
Havin a seed next year - hearing that second verse on once a child twice a kid hit different hearing the goat talking about buyin toys for your boy and shyt.

never on schedule but always on time Nas, damn :to:

:mjlol: @ the bolded

My little girl was born in September so that hit me extra :wow:

But breh, check this out. Do the math. Born in September, I conceived my daughter on Christmas Eve/Christmas after Magic came out. Played the shyt out of it motivated for the rest of the holidays, after the pregnancy stick turned positive in January, and all year grinding getting ready for the baby.

My daughter has been a joy to me and my wife and she turned 2 months yesterday. I stayed up, listened to the album at midnight, heard the line you mentioned and lines about going to your daughter’s graduation and kids being born and brother it has just been :wow:

I will never forget how these past couple of albums have time stamped and shaped my life. And this journey started when I first saw the video for If I Ruled the World in 5th grade.

The journey has just been :blessed:

Life is good

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Review from Underground Hip Hop Blog
9/10

“Earlier on in the review I mentioned the fact that some people don’t like working with Nas & Hit-Boy, but I genuinely don’t understand how anyone can dislike King’s Disease III because it’s the best of the 4 albums that they’ve done so far. The production is more versatile in sound & God’s Son is still very much rapping his motherfukking ass off on the mic all these decades later.”