Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

JCalli

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've never heard Nas have this much fun and sound so comfortable on an album. You can tell he just enjoying life and really enjoyed making this album.

Get Light is
NE87.gif

This is exactly what i was thinking. He addresses a lot also on this album, but without venom. He almost has fun with it.

Come to think of it, i'm not sure i've ever heard anyone so dam comfortable and happy.

That's 30 summers worth right there.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Physicals available

Ships in February

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
No elite emcee has made songs like Fack, Heat, Big Weenie, Rain Man, Offended, etc. The latter half of Em's career is a massive cringe fest that you'd be embarrassed to play in the car with anyone else in it. Revival is legitimately one of the worst hip-hop albums of all time. Music to be Murdered by 2 is awful. Recovery is pretty bad and has aged poorly. And shyt I actually kinda like Relapse but a lot of people despise that one too. Encore is mostly awful.

Don't want to derail the thread, but did you check out Paul Rosenberg's podcast? Eminem was a guest on one of the episodes and they were talking about Revival. Eminem said that there are a few songs he wish he could have back (didn't remember them for some reason), but he felt like people went into that album not wanting to give it a chance. Once the track list leaked, everybody had their opinions made up. He compared it to a bad movie trailer, and when you go see the movie, you're already expecting it to be terrible. Then you miss certain scenes ("Castle," "Arose") that are important because you're not paying attention.

I'm just bringing this up because after five years, Eminem still doesn't understand why people hated Revival. He still thinks it's this album that people haven't caught up to. And you can't compare music to movies, at least not in the way he put it. A bad movie trailer says nothing about the quality of the movie. Many great movies had bad trailers. A track list gives you a pretty good indication of what the album might sound like, and Eminem's not the kind of person to surprise you (before Kamikaze) so you know exactly what you're getting from him. I went back to "Castle" and "Arose" and they're definitely great songs. The problem is that they're the last two songs, and clearly the best ones. Add "Walk on Water," the opening track, and you have 3/19 songs worth going back to. That's a horrible percentage, with 16 mediocre or straight up awful songs between them.

10:31

Superstar
Daps
Wish we had spoiler alerts for folks who hadn’t listened yet

I’m seeing the Hov bars reposted Ad nausea

So question, do the bars not imply that Nas felt as though he lost the battle to that point (takeover), and needed to come back harder after the diss record?

Hence the release of “Stillmatic” and “God Son” after the alleged subpar album run post “Illmatic” and “ahhhh” which is clearly Hov shading “It Was Written”

Now take into consideration, many critics felt like Nas sort of relapsed into another pattern of subpar releases post God Son up until this current King Disease era..

Y’all let me know what you think, I’m going to listen on my way to the gym lol