Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Real dope on first listen. Nas is incredible. Dude has officially turned back the hands of time. You can hear the difference from the first album to this. Flow and word play is razor sharp.

That being said. I think I'm good on Nas over hitboy production for a while. Hit's beats are always good. Never anything bad. But they can feel a bit "thin" at times. Like they're just missing something. Can start to feel repetitive and mundane. Not a huge fan of some of the samples used. But Nas is so sharp he always keeps you engaged.

I'd say "get light" is the clear stand out here. An instant classic. Beautiful sample. Beautiful rhymes. Could possibly be the best track in all of their albums together. This is more the type of shyt I wanna hear Nas on. That soulful boom bap. Some 9th. Some sounwave. Knxwledge. Thundercat. Alchemist.....I just wanna see him branch out and start working with others again now that he's back in prime form. And you know they would all give him their A1 shyt.
Exactly how I feel about his beats …they never are worse than like C+/B- level but those “Wu For The Children” next level moments don’t happen enough