Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

QU Hectic

Superstar
Daps
Made my morning :ahh:

But why is Rocky looking like he’s about to do the blood test in “The Thing”.

Daps
Reppin
Toledo, OH
It’s crazy that Nas went 8 years in between LIG and KD1 and 6 years if you count Nasir and all of a sudden he’s now dropping albums like a madman

I guess having the right producer has inspired him
He’s definitely reinvigorated. I think the poor reception of NASIR put an extra battery in his back. In a way, I feel like that album was a blessing in disguise. I’m not sure we get this same Nas we gotten with his last 4 releases, if it wasn’t for that Kanye fiasco. Sounds crazy to say, but it’s almost like he’s rapping with something to prove. I love it :wow:

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
Az and Sade would be dope …. The others nah ….. nikka said cardi b

U kno what the cardi b feature sound crazy but lol yo the record would probably be dope

I don’t want to hear lupe anything

I fukks with styles P but over the years his music and verses don’t hit me

He only said Cardi B because it was a brain blunder/sounds like Styles P.

But KD may be his best album in the post 2010 era.

I can feel it.

Btw, was listening to L.I.G. before bed last night and never really had to chance to absorb that album after all these years (this thread inspired me to revisit it).

Good fukkin' lawd... Nas's pen game on that lp is something fukkin' else. Please go back to that disc if you haven't had a chance to or haven't in a long time.

The beats are, well, nas beats at that time... but man, if you don't hear him spit that profound poetry, insightful knowledge and words of wisdom, bar after fukkin' bar, it's a waste of life.

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I can feel it.

Btw, was listening to L.I.G. before bed last night and never really had to chance to absorb that album after all these years (this thread inspired me to revisit it).

Good fukkin' lawd... Nas's pen game on that lp is something fukkin' else. Please go back to that disc if you haven't had a chance to or haven't in a long time.

The beats are, well, nas beats at that time... but man, if you don't hear him spit that profound poetry, insightful knowledge and words of wisdom, bar after fukkin' bar, it's a waste of life.

.g

I can feel it.

I think it’s his most underrated album. It was his most personal album going through a divorce.

Also was the first middle aged man hiphop album ever imo. Made you want to sip some scotch and smoke a cigar too

I think it’s close to a classic if you include the deluxe version which has some of the best songs on it

Where’s the love
Nasty
Roses
Black Bond

LJLYDK!

All Star
Daps
I think it’s his most underrated album. It was his most personal album going through a divorce.

Also was the first middle aged man hiphop album ever imo. Made you want to sip some scotch and smoke a cigar too

I think it’s close to a classic if you include the deluxe version which has some of the best songs on it

Where’s the love
Nasty
Roses
Black Bond

Big Facts, then Add Trust from the ITunes Deluxe. And That’s a really strong finish to end a solid album then add the song that was originally supposed to be the closer before it was bye baby from the lost tapes 2 album as the closer.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
He’s definitely reinvigorated. I think the poor reception of NASIR put an extra battery in his back. In a way, I feel like that album was a blessing in disguise. I’m not sure we get this same Nas we gotten with his last 4 releases, if it wasn’t for that Kanye fiasco. Sounds crazy to say, but it’s almost like he’s rapping with something to prove. I love it :wow:

I personally feel that most all of this was going to happen with or without the Nasir album being released. This was all pre-planned ahead of time.

Nas formulated Mass Appeal Records back in 2014. They even announced that Lost Tapes 2 would be released via Mass Appeal and that Killer Mike (whose group RTJ would eventually release their second album on the label) would be involved in a compilation album.

Nas still had one more album to turn into Def Jam and I believe instead of giving them the “Nas Album Done” record, he hooked up with Kanye and did the “Wyoming Sessions” to fulfill his contract and give him some added buzz and for Mass Appeal. The only issue with that is Kanye was in the midst of becoming a full on c00n MAGA Psychopath and sabotaged the album by not having the beats ready until A WEEK before the album was supposed to come out. Which is why it sounds so rushed and didn’t live up to expectations.

Once he was free of Def Jam, Nas did what he said. He released Lost Tapes 2. He also fulfilled a wish to work with Hit Boy, whom he’d already collaborated with twice before on the song Another Black Girl Lost and the unreleased No Such Thing As White Jesus (which became Royalty on Lost Tapes 2)

Nas was working with Hit Boy on a Valentine’s Day themed EP that ended up becoming King’s Disease, so a project with Hit was always planned and in the cards. That it went so well and became a four album series maybe wasn’t planned. But i’m certain that Nas had tapped Hit Boy for his first official Mass Appeal project before Nasir was released.

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Big Facts, then Add Trust from the ITunes Deluxe. And That’s a really strong finish to end a solid album then add the song that was originally supposed to be the closer before it was bye baby from the lost tapes 2 album as the closer.

as soon as I heard beautiful life it was obvious it was meant to be on LIG

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I personally feel that most all of this was going to happen with or without the Nasir album being released. This was all pre-planned ahead of time.

Nas formulated Mass Appeal Records back in 2014. They even announced that Lost Tapes 2 would be released via Mass Appeal and that Killer Mike (whose group RTJ would eventually release their second album on the label) would be involved in a compilation album.

Nas still had one more album to turn into Def Jam and I believe instead of giving them the “Nas Album Done” record, he hooked up with Kanye and did the “Wyoming Sessions” to fulfill his contract and give him some added buzz and for Mass Appeal. The only issue with that is Kanye was in the midst of becoming a full on c00n MAGA Psychopath and sabotaged the album by not having the beats ready until A WEEK before the album was supposed to come out. Which is why it sounds so rushed and didn’t live up to expectations.

Once he was free of Def Jam, Nas did what he said. He released Lost Tapes 2. He also fulfilled a wish to work with Hit Boy, whom he’d already collaborated with twice before on the song Another Black Girl Lost and the unreleased No Such Thing As White Jesus (which became Royalty on Lost Tapes 2)

Nas was working with Hit Boy on a Valentine’s Day themed EP that ended up becoming King’s Disease, so a project with Hit was always planned and in the cards. That it went so well and became a four album series maybe wasn’t planned. But i’m certain that Nas had tapped Hit Boy for his first official Mass Appeal project before Nasir was released.
Nas and Hit haven’t looked back since. Kd3 about to be a movie :wow:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
as soon as I heard beautiful life it was obvious it was meant to be on LIG

Yea Nas and No I.D. Talked about it during the original Life Is Good press run. The song was actually called Life Is Good and they only left it off because they felt it would’ve been too repetitive to have both Bye Baby and Life Is Good on the album so they chose Bye Baby

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I honestly think all this has to do with hit and nothing to do with mass appeal or Nasir. I feel the chemistry they had during the first album to do what they do without even expecting that type of feedback is all the inspiration nas needed to enjoy staying in the studio. And to do it again and continue the same type of feedback but better each time. They locked in. That’s all this is about right now. Can’t wait for this next one.

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea Nas and No I.D. Talked about it during the original Life Is Good press run. The song was actually called Life Is Good and they only left it off because they felt it would’ve been too repetitive to have both Bye Baby and Life Is Good on the album so they chose Bye Baby

I was gonna say they are very similliar

I think I prefer beautiful life

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Beautiful life was trash..bye baby was right choice
Wouldn't say that. It's a solid track, it's just not fukking with Bye Baby which feels/sounds like a classic modern Nas track. Maybe if they could have found a way to turn Beautiful Life into an interlude or something, that would have been cool. Vibe wise it's the only track from those sessions that gives me Marvin Gaye vibes, and of course the album was compared to Here My Dear during the promotion run.