Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I know you will not agree with me and nas will do what he wants and I'm fine with it. but if that album is great i would like them to stop and finishing on a positive note. 4 collabs albums is huge for a non group effort. the more they drop together, the more place to disapointment you gave. and even if they manage to keep deliver good projects, there's only so long before it became deja vu and stagnant. if nas wants to drop another after that he should go back to multiple producer mode for the sake of variety, but still with producers he never worked with (except alc and some hit boy of course).

kd1 and magic were short so it was no room for error. kd2 i could skip brunch on sunday. If nas makes seventeen tracks and there's no fillers it's gonna be glorious

Nas is ALWAYS going to disappoint somebody while satisfying others. Nobody will ever be 100% happy with anything the man does so it is what it is. If he announced an Alchemist produced album next year there would be cries of “WHERE’S HIT-BOY?!!!” If he keeps it running with Hit-Boy there will be cries of “WHERE’S PREMO?!?!” If he announced an album with Justice League, Dr. Dre, Metro Boomin, RZA , and Timberland there would be cries of “WHERE’S LARGE PROFESSOR!?!?”

Nas ain’t gonna make everyone happy so he might as well do whatever the hell he wants. If thats KD4 well them damnit bring on KD4

SwizzLake

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I have feeling that Cormega is on this album, his promoting it like crazy.

Budda

Superstar
Daps
Nas was a better lyricist than Pac when Pac was alive. Over time he’s become a strong song writer and his concepts and execution blows Pac out of the water.

The only thing Pac has over Nas is natural charisma. And the fact that Pac’s life was sadly cut short means we’ll never know how his discography would’ve turned out but you can’t take points away from Nas for surviving.

Nas on catalog alone is the GOAT

PAC is probably the best song writer in rap history though, one of the few who could actually make conscious tunes that were also billboard hits, that type of skill is rare in 90’s and onwards rap.

And he also has the best unreleased catalog outside of Nas, mic prescence and the ability to evoke emotion in his rap
Is also something he has over Nas and basically every other rapper.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
What are the features he's done during this run?

I haven't been keeping up with releases as I usually have the slow grooves on. Mostly rock the Isleys...

Since 2020?

He’s been on albums from Statik Selectah, DJ Khaled, Alina Baraz, Jhene Aiko, DMX (twice) Berner, Belly, YG, and Snoop Dogg.