Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I bet we start getting more kd3 promo next week and I would imagine the tracklist will drop the week of. It would be dope if we got a little mini documentary of the making of KD3:wow::wow:

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Not really.
Word I don’t mean like a few lines about QB back in the day …Nas fans know what he’s known for when it comes to the dope concept records and storytelling joints ..it would just be nice to hear that over this hitboy production sense they seem so locked in and that’s a signature of Nas’s catalog

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
He has given us so many of those, honestly just give me dope rhymes and sonically pleasing music. Throw in some bangers and I’m good.
He’s given us so many dope rhymes and beats too …so you don’t want more of those either lol what you mean … he has a distinct skill for doing those things and it would be dope to see how he and hit approach records like that in this era …we already have 3 albums worth of dope beats dope rhymes ..hoping they do something a little different and fresh this time

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
bible
count me in
nobody
moments

were/are all concept songs
yeah nah… you’re reaching doggy ..these are songs with some loose thematic elements that he lightly sprinkles in his verses at best ..nothing close to a fleshed out concept like “book of rhymes” or a narrative based record like “you mean the world to me” for example …but if that works for you god bless you brother :ehh:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
yeah nah… you’re reaching doggy ..these are songs with some loose thematic elements that he lightly sprinkles in his verses at best ..nothing close to a fleshed out concept like “book of rhymes” or a narrative based record like “you mean the world to me” for example …but if that works for you god bless you brother :ehh:

I get what you're trying to say but those tracks (KD2 ones) are more than just "light sprinkles" of concepts/creativity. It's like saying "One Love" isn't a concept track because isn't as complex as "I Gave You Power"

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He’s given us so many dope rhymes and beats too …so you don’t want more of those either lol what you mean … he has a distinct skill for doing those things and it would be dope to see how he and hit approach records like that in this era …we already have 3 albums worth of dope beats dope rhymes ..hoping they do something a little different and fresh this time
It might be a point where he doesn’t even want to make those type of records anymore. It seems like he is a completely different head space musically. I feel like he may go even more modern with this album and I would actually like that personally.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
It might be a point where he doesn’t even want to make those type of records anymore. It seems like he is a completely different head space musically. I feel like he may go even more modern with this album and I would actually like that personally.
Maybe …I’m just saying as a listener that would be enjoyable … these albums with hit have been coo projects it would just be nice to have that depth he’s known for with the songs ..but we’ll see what they do …can’t say any for these collabs have been wack

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
I get what you're trying to say but those tracks (KD2 ones) are more than just "light sprinkles" of concepts/creativity. It's like saying "One Love" isn't a concept track because isn't as complex as "I Gave You Power"
Nah it’s like saying “Last real nikka alive” is a concept record because the title loosely alludes to themes in the verses … the records I mentioned and the records you mentioned are pretty distinct in their conceptual execution has nothing to do with complexity…but like I said if those work for you that’s great

Last edited:

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe …I’m just saying as a listener that would be enjoyable … these albums with hit have been coo projects it would just be nice to have that depth he’s known for with the songs ..but we’ll see what they do …can’t say any for these collabs have been wack
The listeners have changed today too. I feel like attention spans don’t even value those type of records like we used to 15-20 years ago. It’s more catered to vibes and Sonic’s. The good thing about Nas is that he can still provide dope lyrics over modern Sonics.

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
KD2 had concept songs like “rewind” and “I gave you power” or “amongst kings” :patrice:
I don’t think Nas has the capacity to write songs like that anymore

Don’t even think his brain works like that anymore. Back then he was a young guy still transitioning from ghetto living and the pros & cons of fame

Today’s Nas been richer longer than he been broke in the projects. He even said that 10 years ago on Life Is Good

Last concept records from Nas that I can even think of came from the Untitled era sessions, like Project Roach and Queens Wolf

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
The listeners have changed today too. I feel like attention spans don’t even value those type of records like we used to 15-20 years ago. It’s more catered to vibes and Sonic’s. The good thing about Nas is that he can still provide dope lyrics over modern Sonics.
I don’t think that really applies to Nas fans tho .. he doesn’t share the NBA Youngboy adhd target audience :russ:

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
I don’t think Nas has the capacity to write songs like that anymore

Don’t even think his brain works like that anymore. Back then he was a young guy still transitioning from ghetto living and the pros & cons of fame

Today’s Nas been richer longer than he been broke in the projects. He even said that 10 years ago on Life Is Good

Last concept records from Nas that I can even think of came from the Untitled era sessions, like Project Roach and Queens Wolf
Now that’s a real answer :ehh: