Nas- Illmatic XX(20th Anniversary Edition) Official Discussion Thread

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hearing the extended version of Nas on Stretch&Bobitto took a 90s kid down memory lane. One

Love (LG Main Mix) sounded like those early 90s Uptown Records r&b. And, Life Is a bytch

(Arsenal Mix) reminded me of Pac/MC-Eiht/Spice-1 early 90s West Coast. But, I agree they could have gave us a larger feast:eat: for Illmatic's 20th Anniversary:lupe:

Last edited:

intilectual recipricol

Killin fake hip hop
Daps
Reppin
The Brook
The Source editors when Illmatic first dropped.

"It's about 9pm… I get to the office and I gather all the heads in the conference room. I remember who was there: @MatteoGlen [the twitter account of Matty C, then The Source's "Unsigned Hype" editor] @CeeWild [twitter account of Chris Wilder, another editor], @FrozenFiles [twitter account of Schott 'Free' Jacobs, another contemporary editor]. Everyone is nodding their heads, eyes wide, mouths open, it's hip-hop paradise. We had a pretty shytty system in there but it didn’t matter, I pop in the tape and the powerful musical magic emits from the speakers. When those funky/eerie/powerful xylophone notes from 'One Love' come on, I remember @FrozenFiles is literally lying on the floor… He can’t comprehend how good it is. None of us can. It's the best shyt we’ve heard in our lives… Internally, we start debating how we’re gonna handle this. I say right away that it's gotta get a 5."

:ahh:
Then a few years later they did the same thing with Lil Kim... :mjlol:

notice how they mention the production, not the lyrics...

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Then a few years later they did the same thing with Lil Kim... :mjlol:

notice how they mention the production, not the lyrics...
Every major publication gave it a 5 or perfect to near perfect rating, Pac/Jay/Lupe all liked the lyrics :mjpls: , now out of the thread you hating cum guzzling fakket

intilectual recipricol

Killin fake hip hop
Daps
Reppin
The Brook
Every major publication gave it a 5 or perfect to near perfect rating, Pac/Jay/Lupe all liked the lyrics :mjpls: , now out of the thread you hating cum guzzling fakket
So now Pac is the leading authority on lyricism? :mjpls:
hennessey and enemies?

fakkets like you :snoop:

naS goes on Bill Maher and says the production, you post an excerpt from Source nikkaz that say the production, but here is the fakket @ISOMELO saying its not the production :mjlol:

fukk outta here :camby:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
So now Pac is the leading authority on lyricism? :mjpls:
hennessey and enemies?

fakkets like you :snoop:

naS goes on Bill Maher and says the production, you post an excerpt from Source nikkaz that say the production, but here is the fakket @ISOMELO saying its not the production :mjlol:

fukk outta here :camby:
:duck: Ok breh you had your shytty 2 cents about NaS now :camby:, I don't understand how you don't like a nikka yet you insist on posting on everyone of his threads

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
:duck: Ok breh you had your shytty 2 cents about NaS now :camby:, I don't understand how you don't like a nikka yet you insist on posting on everyone of his threads
The worst part is, even if you put him on the ignore list, he dominates every Nas thread to the point that the thread don't make sense unless you click on show ignored content.

Plus he's got a fake quote from me in his sig. Dude is a stalker weirdo.

• Dap
Reactions: ISO

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't understand the unwillingness to open the vaults. It's been 20 years. Just release everything.

I believe that all of the unreleased and rare material we mentioned was probably pitched to Sony for this project but for whatever reason, could not be included. I bet that sample clearances was an issue and may ultimately be the reason why a certain percentage of Nas's unreleased catalog may never be officially unreleased.

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
why didnt they put dj premiers memory lane remix on this shyt.. i want it untagged

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I believe that all of the unreleased and rare material we mentioned was probably pitched to Sony for this project but for whatever reason, could not be included. I bet that sample clearances was an issue and may ultimately be the reason why a certain percentage of Nas's unreleased catalog may never be officially unreleased.
That's a good point. I always wonder if Sony is being cheap - or if the companies that need to clear the samples are being greedy. How much bargaining room could they have? We are talking about music that is going to be tacked onto a re-rerelease of an album that may sell 100K at most. None of the unreleased songs are going to be released as singles or get placements in commercials. There's just not that much $ to be made - take the little Sony is offering and keep it moving.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tip played it during a forum on hip hop last year. There is a video that exists.

• Dap
Reactions: L68