Nas - I Am... (Original Version, 29 Tracks)

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
Now that people are finally getting I Am: The Autobiography, everyone is going to want DOE.

yes this is exactly what will happen

Guaranteed this will be sourced from the internet :francis:

breh you have way too many posts and are too old to be saying stuff this dumb

where do you think the internet got the songs from?

these will be sourced from sonys vault

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
"U Gotta Love It" was on the OG I Am that got bootlegged back in '98.

It was one of the tracks that was on the CD with the vocal tags all over it. Same copy that was lifted from Sony back then. "U Gotta Love It" and "Blaze a 50" were done right after the IWW sessions. They were supposed to be on I Am, which is why LES was so upset they got bootlegged.
The bootlegged version I had "U Gotta Love It" that wasn't on there. It was on a Mixtape called Nas2000 tho.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
yes this is exactly what will happen

breh you have way too many posts and are too old to be saying stuff this dumb

where do you think the internet got the songs from?

these will be sourced from sonys vault
Set yourself up for disappointment brehs

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I disagree. I am certain that after this I Am project, there is no other Nas Legacy project even being considered at Sony. They have already done ILLMATIC 10, ILLMATIC XX, iLLMATIC symphony, IWW anniversary and a number of greatest hits. It’s seems logical that Stillmatic or a DOE project would be conceivable for an artist’s former labor that still has rights to release his music, especially if us fans are asking for it.

While it will take many, many years, countless threads, social media posts and other mentions, I’m all in for that being our next target and campaign. At this point with Nas’ AMAZING resurgence and Mass Appeal’s super busy slate, we had as good a chance of getting the Sony Legacy projects as we do a Lost Tapes 3. Or anything else from Def Jam.

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state

the leaked nas songs are FROM sony NOT the internet LOL SMH

you on dummy logic

@ADP that goes for you as well

I disagree.

what your talking about isnt his point of contention

hes saying the unreleased songs will be sourced from the internet as if the songs themselves werent leaked from sony to begin with

the songs are digitized reels yet he thinks we gettng mp3s

some posters like to type before they think

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the leaked nas songs are FROM sony NOT the internet LOL SMH

you on dummy logic

@ADP that goes for you as well

what your talking about isnt his point of contention

hes saying the unreleased songs will be sourced from the internet as if the songs themselves werent leaked from sony to begin with

the songs are digitized reels yet he thinks we gettng mp3s

some posters like to type before they think

I didn’t disagree with that part of what dude said. I was disagreeing with what he said about setting ourselves up for disappointment as if a DOE release will never happen. I realize it may take many years but Sony can and will make money off of Nas when they find a good opportunity and time to do so. Nas is hot and relevant as ever now so you just never know. Some of us never thought they’d get around to relative the original I am.

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
I wish they did this for other albums too. Lil reimagining of things, limited tracks, but lil weird collections to define an era.

Ive been playin a tical 2 playlist all week that reminds me of this release

Shaolin what
Perfect world
Dangerous grounds
N2gether now
Sweet love
Torture
Suspect chin
Party crasher
Retrogodfather
Cradle rock
Run 4 cover
The worst
Killin fields
Fire ina hole
Judgement day

Wish universal:def jam woukd do this cause tical 2 underrated but was skitted the fukk out and a lot of it gets lost amongst the sound changing in and out with the sermon stuff/trackmasters vs wu. Plus they own all the songs. This one feels way more “tical”.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If I ranked what I wanted for Sony Legacy

Lost Tapes (Sony era)
Death of Escobar
Stillmatic (Expanded)

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
what actually happened was I AM and Nastradamus are one project

after I AM leaked, it was decided to turn nastradamus into a seperate album

the leftover tracks from I Am got mixed and nas decided to release Death Of Escobar album and it was completed

this was essentially the first version of the lost tapes album.

for whatever reason D.O.E. got canceled and the leftover tracks from stillmatic and I Am became the lost tapes

Looking at the track lists for both I Am.... and Nastradamus, which songs leaked and which songs were new? I feel like I've never gotten an answer to that question.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
one of the more thought out lists here

my only real discrepancy would be aaliyahs track

also i see you love self consciense lol

not sure if you knew but second coming is not an actual nas song; its a french blend

the beat is IAM and nas verses are all QBF

a goat nas mix

"You Won't See Me Tonight" tells the story of an emotionally unavialable fling. To me that leads into "Drunk By Myself" where he talks about his wife being unavailable sexually which he gives as a reason for drinking and the depression. That leads into "Undying Love". I also figured with the song "Poppa Was A Playa" and Nas being a playa on "You Won't See Me Tonight" would connect due to the "like father like son" thing. It plays out more like chapters of a real autobiography in that way.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Looking at the track lists for both I Am.... and Nastradamus, which songs leaked and which songs were new? I feel like I've never gotten an answer to that question.

I think most of Nastradamus was new. With I Am..., I think they scrapped some of the leaked songs.

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Sony has no contribution to this other than a co-sign. Sorry to say, but songs like Day dreamin, Sometimes, and Hardest thing are going to be the exact same quality as the ones from the OG 13 track leak..

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Speaking of this era, I would love to know more about Dame Grease and Al West's production. Seems like they contributed a lot of tracks to Nas. I would like to know what they have in the stash.