Nas - I Am... (Original Version, 29 Tracks)

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
yep. kinda remind me of the 25th it was written anniversary reissue. They could have done more. only slient murder and street dreams alternative when they could have add take it in blood pt 2, the message original version, street dreams remix (well, maybe not lol) and deja vu.

This is my personnal I am the autobiography, certified 5 mics

Capture-d-cran-2023-10-06-000228.png

I just found out about this and I thought we were getting an official CDQ version of what the album was originally supposed to be. Not exact since Nas obviously doesn't remember and nothing was finalized, but as close to the original vision as possible.

Then I saw the track list and my disappointment set in. I'll probably just take your album and recreate it on YouTube Music. :francis:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I’m going to buy the vinyl just for collector’s purposes but I tried telling ya’ll earlier that the chances of Nas, Steve Stoute, and Sony coming together to recreate a 25 year old double album CONCEPT (it was never actually finalized) was next to zero.

Nas has been out of the I Am space two decades now. That plus many of those songs lyrics were reused for other projects and features. That PLUS he’s on a record label that he owns and owns the Masters for. What purpose would putting in the work for an I am double album serve Nas in 2023?

Last edited:

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
I’m going to buy the vinyl just for collector’s purposes but I tried telling ya’ll earlier that the chances of Nas, Steve Stoute, and Sony coming together to recreate a 25 year old double album CONCEPT (it was never actually finalized) was next to zero.

Nas has been out of the I Am space two decades now. That plus many of those songs lyrics were reused for other projects and features. That PLUS he’s on a record label that he owns and owns the Masters for. What purpose would putting in the work for an I am double album serve Nas in 2023?

I wish Nipsey was still alive so we could get I Am...the Documentary.

I heard he talked to Stoute about it, too, 'cause he was part of that project. :mjcry:

mitter

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
somebody requested this in my album reqeust thread and i figured more brehs would want it

all tracks itunes quality :noah:

Nas-I+Am...The+Audiobiography+(cover).png

1. Fetus
2. NY State Of Mind Pt. II
3. Life Is What You Make It
4. Small World
5. Hardest Thing To Do Is Stay Alive
6. Poppa Was a Playa
7. Nas Is Like
8. Blaze A 50
9. Favor For A Favor
10. We Will Survive
11. Some Of Us Have Angels
12. Project Windows
13. Day Dreaming, Stay Scheming
14. Sometimes I Wonder
15. Undying Love
16. Afterlife Interlude / Amongst Kings
17. Life We Chose
18. Drunk By Myself
19. Pray
20. God Love Us
21. Ghetto Prisoners
22. Last Words
23. Family
24. Come Get Me
25. Find Your Wealth
26. U Gotta Love It
27. Wanna Play Rough
28. The Rise And Fall
29. My Worst Enemy

I am pretty sure that was not the original version.

Most of the Nastradamus tracks were recorded after I Am was released.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
With the whole I Am Nastradamus double album situation, I always looked at it as the I Am disc was the more introspective/storytelling/autobiographical disc. Nastradamus was the more spiritual/prophetic disc. My dream I Am double album:

1. Belly Button Window
2. Project Window
3. NY State of Mind Pt. 2
4. U Gotta Love It
5. Hate Me Now
6. Blaze A 50
7. Small World
8. Wanna Play Rough
8. Favor For A Favor
9. Hardest Thing To Do Is Stay Alive
10. Rise & Fall
11. Poppa Was A Playa
12. You Won't See Me Tonight
13. Drunk By Myself
14. Undying Love

Disc 2

1. Amongst Kings (with the interlude included)
2. Life We Chose
3. My Own Worst Enemy
4. Second Coming
5. Nas Is Like...
6. Come Get Me
7. Shoot Em Up
8. Self Conscience
9. Find Ya Wealth
10. Ghetto Prisoners
11. We Will Survive
12. Sometimes I Wonder
13. Last Words

Last edited:

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
So that DEATH OF ESCOBAR needs to come out next. Lol

agreed

I am pretty sure that was not the original version.

Most of the Nastradamus tracks were recorded after I Am was released.

i see a lot of people complaining because they want a double album

the double album was never finalized

what nas did was give us the original leak

im not mad at this at all

im souped

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
With the whole I Am Nastradamus double album situation, I always looked at it as the I Am disc was the more introspective/storytelling/autobiographical disc. Nastradamus was the more spiritual/prophetic disc. My dream I Am double album:

1. Belly Button Window
2. Project Window
3. NY State of Mind Pt. 2
4. U Gotta Love It
5. Hate Me Now
6. Blaze A 50
7. Small World
8. Wanna Play Rough
8. Favor For A Favor
9. Hardest Thing To Do Is Stay Alive
10. Rise & Fall
11. Poppa Was A Playa
12. You Won't See Me Tonight
13. Drunk By Myself
14. Undying Love

Disc 2

1. Amongst Kings (with the interlude included)
2. Life We Chose
3. Second Coming
4. Nas Is Like...
5. Come Get Me
6. Shoot Em Up
7. Self Conscience
8. Find Ya Wealth
9. Ghetto Prisoners
10. We Will Survive
11. Self Conscience
12. Sometimes I Wonder
13. Last Words

one of the more thought out lists here

my only real discrepancy would be aaliyahs track

also i see you love self consciense lol

not sure if you knew but second coming is not an actual nas song; its a french blend

the beat is IAM and nas verses are all QBF

a goat nas mix

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
I'd also love for Sony Legacy to get around to Death of Escobar. It seems like Death of Escobar sessions and work have been lumped into I am. It seems as though Nas recorded 50-60 songs in that era that resulted in both Death of Escobar

what actually happened was I AM and Nastradamus are one project

after I AM leaked, it was decided to turn nastradamus into a seperate album

the leftover tracks from I Am got mixed and nas decided to release Death Of Escobar album and it was completed

this was essentially the first version of the lost tapes album.

for whatever reason D.O.E. got canceled and the leftover tracks from stillmatic and I Am became the lost tapes

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nas is the GOAT, and l love what he doing with Mass Appeal and all the new shyt. I'm not mad that Sony still has some control and power over that part of the catalog, though. Here is why. If Sony didn't have some ownership over it, we might never see some of that unreleased, rare vaulted shyt. Hell, Sony is slow with their legacy releases for Nas, too, but at least we still get something from time to time. Nas is/was writing a lot, so he changes his mind and his taste in what he wants to put out. He simply doesn't dwell on shyt long. It's quite possible we would never see old-ass Sony-era stuff if Sony weren't still in control over it. I'm not saying Nas has no say-so in its release.

My last point is this: at the end of Sekou's Story, in his Scarlet voice, he said something like, "I got music... put the music out to the world", right? That was then. More recently, he said in an interview over the last few years (Drink Champs, I think?) that older Sony shyt needs to stay in the vault. At the end of the day, I applaud Sony for putting that old Columbia-era shyt out, even if we think that I Am: The Autobiography could have been better. I'll support it, and I do CDs and not vinyl, so hopefully, they will continue to put more out like Death of Escobar.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what actually happened was I AM and Nastradamus are one project

after I AM leaked, it was decided to turn nastradamus into a seperate album

the leftover tracks from I Am got mixed and nas decided to release Death Of Escobar album and it was completed

this was essentially the first version of the lost tapes album.

for whatever reason D.O.E. got canceled and the leftover tracks from stillmatic and I Am became the lost tapes

Now that people are finally getting I Am: The Autobiography, everyone is going to want DOE.