Nas - I Am... (Original Version, 29 Tracks)

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The sequence on Nastradamus was ok, it flowed pretty well, it just gets rough towards the end

Life We Chose
Nastradamus
Some Of Us Have Angels (
glaring misstep)
Project Windows
Shoot Em Up
Come Get Me
Last Words
Family

is a pretty solid run, it just fall off music wise after that, you can't hide 4-5 weak ass songs no matter what the sequence. Where does Big Girl go? Quiet nikkas, God Love Us, these have the rushed feel of a quick studio session. Nastradamus is a B album on it's worst day anyway. Way over hated.

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
The sequence on Nastradamus was ok, it flowed pretty well, it just gets rough towards the end

Life We Chose
Nastradamus
Some Of Us Have Angels (
glaring misstep)
Project Windows
Shoot Em Up
Come Get Me
Last Words
Family

is a pretty solid run, it just fall off music wise after that, you can't hide 4-5 weak ass songs no matter what the sequence. Where does Big Girl go? Quiet nikkas, God Love Us, these have the rushed feel of a quick studio session. Nastradamus is a B album on it's worst day anyway. Way over hated.
Everything after god love us is mediocre/eh/bad. You owe me is cool for what it is.

Id be curious what other tracks wrre really meant for it to make each of them into classics cause i think it can be done with both.

2ATMsYouSteppinOrWhat

No Round 2’s :camumad:
Daps
YOURE A BIG GIRL NOOOOOWWWW”

EytE2LsXIAQNt2h

absolute classic

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin

Life We Chose
Nastradamus
Some Of Us Have Angels (
glaring misstep)
Project Windows
Shoot Em Up
Come Get Me
Last Words
Family

Ay, cut that shyt out :ufdup:

God Love Us is a classic. That shyt was for the streets :wow:

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain

Life We Chose
Nastradamus
Some Of Us Have Angels (
glaring misstep)
Project Windows
Shoot Em Up
Come Get Me
Last Words
Family

I like god love us and even quiet nikkas. Some of us are angel is a filler but not a bad song. big girl is the real bad song on there.

I think nastradamus suffer more because of the singles. nastradamus sample was played out and the video was too much puffyish. you owe me, good song but not something we wanted to hear from nas at that time. and the album cover is awful.

I never knew how to judge the song new world. the sample is pretty obvious, I would have seen this song belong in the matrix soundtrack because of the theme with a video clip but not on a album. Imagine if nas dropped the original i am and end of the year that song on matrix soundtrack. it would have been huge

but yeah nastradamus is over hated, its just that the dynamic on nas's release went downhill, so even if nastradamus was an ok album it suffered for the comparaison to the previous ones

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To me, That era in Nas music was amazing. I was my favorite but there is so much more to know that just the creative process and thought behind putting I am: The Autobiography together. I actually really like the I am retail so I know the original concept would have be super dope. I am a firm believer that entire era of Nas career (post IWW - Stillmatic) should have a documentary. Supposedly he recorded about 100 tracks for I am. They ended up being spread out on I am, Nastradamus, various mixtapes, soundtracks, the scrapped Death of Escobar, the Lost tapes and some may still be unreleased. I believe expanding the scope during that era of Nas career is far more encompassing and should be explored.

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
Nah, Nastradamus definitely isn't over hated. It's an uninspired Nas album that has some gems shining through the mud. Up to that point, there wasn't a Nas album worse than Nastradamus. It didn't help that the album dropped fourth quarter of 1999.

it is tho because nastradamus became the poster child album to say nas sold out, nas pick bad beats and it's the worst effort from a big rapper. all that when you got yeah baby, can i bus, the doggfather, immobilarity, the infamy, uncontrolled substance...

to this day when you ask people what is nas worst album they go straight to nastradamus, when you can debate that it's better than street's disciple or even hhid and definitely better than nasir

look at this video

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
Here's my version again:

Seems Rise & Fall and My Worst Enemy were probably recorded after I Am came out.

those songs are from the Death Of Escobar Album which was recorded slightly after I AM

infinite ark, les, alvin west, dame grease and timbaland were all called to submit tracks for I AM after the leaks

those new tracks and remixed tracks became the death of escobar and nastradamus albums

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
it is tho because nastradamus became the poster child album to say nas sold out, nas pick bad beats and it's the worst effort from a big rapper. all that when you got yeah baby, can i bus, the doggfather, immobilarity, the infamy, uncontrolled substance...

to this day when you ask people what is nas worst album they go straight to nastradamus, when you can debate that it's better than street's disciple or even hhid and definitely better than nasir

look at this video

people disrespected the EPmd sample

nastradamus is a classic IMO

nas works well under pressure

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
I remeber creating my own tracklist for both I Am and Nastramdas, I felt like if Nas would've release these versions it would've changed the trajectory of his career change including the battle with Jay-Z .
I Am Disk 1
1. Album Intro
2. Fetus
3. New York State of Mind pt. 2
4. Projects Window
5. Poppa Was A Playa
6. Find Ya Wealth
7. Life Is What You Make It
8. The Hardest Thing
9. Money Is My bytch
10. Big Things
11. Blaze A 50
12. Nas Is Like
13. My Own Worst Enemy

I Am Disk 2
1. Hate Me Now
2. Small World
3. Favor For A Favor
4. Wanna Play Rough
5. Day Dreamin' Stay Schemin
6. Ghetto Prisoner
7. We Will Survive
8. Pray
9. Sometimes I Wonder
10. Dr Knockboot
11. You Won't See Me Tonight
12. Drunk By Myself
13. Undying Love

Nastradams
1. After Life Intro
2. Amongst Kings
3. Life We Chose
4. When Thugs Die
5. Nastradamus
6. Tales From The Hood
7. Last Words
8. Family
9. Shoot Em Up
10. U Gotta Love It
11. Come Get Me
12. God Love Us
13. You Owe Me
14. Seeds Of Heaven
15. The Rise and Fall

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

look at this video

Nastradamus is NO WORLD is arguably better than either SD or Hip Hop Is Dead. SD might have been overly ambitious but there’s still 12-13 great songs across the two discs that blow Nastradamus out the water and Hip Hop Is Dead is wayyyyyyyyy more focused lyrically and conceptually than Nastradamus