Nas has more weed plates than any other goat level rapper

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
To me it's Jay > Nas because the highs of Jays vs his lows when compared to the highs of Nas vs his lows just makes Jay better on average (to me, this is my opinion based on my musical preference)

That said: this is how you execute a post^ perfect execution

My main issue with Nas:

1. Illmatic was INSANE. That's hard to beat. And I sometimes think he set himself up for failure because how do you beat some of those records. Also: at 17.

2. He had a great run with great beats but somewhere (for me it really started with God's Son) his beat selection and choice of producers became REALLY questionable. Salaam Remi? Really. For the majority of an album? Nikka you're not The Fugees. You Nas. And this is an issue: does HE realize he's Nas? Or does he think he's just some rapper for who it's ok to have 'ok' beats?

3. Many weedplates, many, many weedplates. Forgettable projects. And on top of that now he hops on 'new trap type' records and it DOES NOT WORK. His work (again an issue with selecting and being conscious of who to work with) with Kanye.. I mean it's 'ok' at best. Nas + Kanye right after College Dropout would've made sense.

I give him props though: he's been putting in work, he keeps going and I was hoping Nasir would be the crown jewel and that it would be just SMASH after SMASH real Hip-Hop records. Hopefully he releases an album that moves his entire discography into a different light

If it takes one album to change your entire opinion of his discography, chances are you probably like more than you letting on

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
I agree. I love the album personally. More than BP even.

But let’s not revise history like this shyt was well received in 97
53b1138dbaecd291bb5591b5b2374a1c.320x256x40.gif

The singles didn’t connect. Jay tried to make a bad boy album and it didn’t work. It was considered a disappointment in 97.

Using your logic though that would also make Reasonable Doubt a weed plate too.

Vol. 1 is a great rap album. Period.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Using your logic though that would also make Reasonable Doubt a weed plate too.

Vol. 1 is a great rap album. Period.

In retrospect its got some great joints ( Million and One Questions, Rap Game/Crack Game) but when it came out it was considered mad dissapointing and to be fair its got a lot of mid shyt like Girls Like (Some people were divided on tracks like City is Mine and Sunshine too but I was cool with it) to make it sus. Again with both Jay and Nas lower tier albums the "its not bad argument " can be applied, thats why their goats and the only reason you get threads like this is because they're so good their flaws are scrutinized moreso but that album is considered a dissapointment.

criminology

hearse initiator
Daps
Reppin
Diamonds & Wood
Outside of IWW, Illmatic and Lost Tapes, Nas albums have always been pretty uneven to bad. Even his good albums like stillmatic have some really awful tracks. That’s coming from a long time Nas fan.

But the high points he hits on his uneven albums and his unreleased tracks are what makes him GOAT status. His great tracks just put him in another league.

I feel the same way about Jay’s catalog. Outside of a few albums, his albums are pretty uneven... but his great tracks are just that great, but in a different way than Nas.

Daps

The singles didn’t connect. Jay tried to make a bad boy album and it didn’t work. It was considered a disappointment in 97.

I was there I remember lol

Suleiman Bey

Banned
Daps
All CD's are weed plates now. they have no value for the most part. Content be damned.

and i can't name a single album without a song I don't care for. Doggystyle is the best album i've ever heard, but I can do without Pump Pump & Tha Shiznit. They aren't bad songs, I just don't like them as much as the rest of the album

Last edited:

Suleiman Bey

Banned
Daps
I have never in my life seen anybody hate on the dynasty until I came on here :dead:
It was way worse in the SOHH days. I liked it. Part of the problem is it was original billed as a compilation album with "4 Da Fam" as the lead single. Then it turned into a jay-z "solo" album and people complained that it wasn't a solo album. But IMO it's no different that Vol. 2.

BO BARON

IT AIN'T $HIT!!!!
Daps
Reppin
Jackson, MS
If those particular nas albums are whats considered weed plates than alot the rappers we know & love have career long full length weed plates even nastradamus has a couple gems :pachaha:

nikkas would cut they left foot off to have that content on their ledgers but nas is just held to a extremely high standerd i guess:ld:

MikeStamina

All Star
Daps
Nas is one of my favorites but he kinda sucks.
Okay buddy..

Y'all (coli) addicted to platinum threads like IG folks addicted to likes...

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC

‘97? Things change over time. Throw that shyt on now and it’s classic Jigga.

A Million, City is Mine, Imaginary Players, Streets is Watching, Who You Wit, Where I’m From, You Must Love Me.