Narcos Season 3 (Official Thread)

Stelio Kontos

All Star
Daps
just finished the season.

thoughts:
1) the series is so much better without murphy's fake bad ass posturing. pena is a lot more of a level personality, which adds to the intrigue of the series.

2) it's interesting... but i guess historically accurate, that EVERY black individual is in some sort of subservient / berated role (opening doors, low-level grunts, waiters, etc.). i don't know if it was an intentional nuance by the directors, but it shows how grossly stratified latin american countries are w/ respect to race, despite the sheer # of afro-colombians in that country.

Just be glad they didn't call another character Blackie

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
:lupe:On episode 5. I think some shyt went over my head last night...

Is there really a rat in the cartel?

How did those 2 white agents know to follow that specific car to Gilberto's house?

How did the DEA find out about the accountant to know to tap his phone?

And why is Pena tryna track him when he can just watch wifey until he returns to her?

At the time, there was no rat. If I understand what happened, Enrique messed up and unknowingly allowed the DEA to follow him when he drove the accountant Pallomari to Gilberto's house. The DEA weren't looking for Gilberto, they just got lucky trying to following Pallomari. So, no rat. Just a little sloppy mistake combined with luck.

YOLO_JONES

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Park Village, Compton CA
At the time, there was no rat. If I understand what happened, Enrique messed up and unknowingly allowed the DEA to follow him when he drove the accountant Pallomari to Gilberto's house. The DEA weren't looking for Gilberto, they just got lucky trying to following Pallomari. So, no rat. Just a little sloppy mistake combined with luck.

after the raid on the office building where the accountant worked, Pena told the two cacs keep eyes on him. It was Cardova who drove him to Gilbertos house when they tailed him. That's why Jorge suspected that was where the error came from and Cardova knew he :ufdup:.

altruicsense

Lord of the 7 Kingdoms
Daps
Reppin
Westeros
471nGHc.gif

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
after the raid on the office building where the accountant worked, Pena told the two cacs keep eyes on him. It was Cardova who drove him to Gilbertos house when they tailed him. That's why Jorge suspected that was where the error came from and Cardova knew he :ufdup:.
That's what I guessed happened. Glad I don't have to go back and rewatch.:salute:Repped.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

OK, guess I was confused in thinking Enrique was the driver.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Very good season. Only drawback is I didn't have the connection to any character like I did Pablo. I somewhat felt bad for Jorge but he really had no reason to rat (Why because David killed a few people they thought were weak links?) so my sympathy was limited

All these characters willingness to risk their own safety for dumb reasons was making me want them to die (Chief accountants wife wanting to stay to say goodbye to her lover, already discussed Jorge, the accountant not wanting to leave when Jorge told him a raid was about to happen, etc)

Pena is a piece of shyt, btw.