Narcos: Mexico - Season 1 (Official Thread) 11/16

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
In terms of character development, Felix might be the best main "antagonist" thus far, and I loved Wagner Moura as Escobar. This season was never going to match the bombast of the first two seasons, not to mention even the most casual viewer has heard of Pablo as opposed to not having any ideo of the rest of the cats afterwards. El Chapo is the only one that's gonna come near that level of notoriety. This season excelled in giving us a balanced story where we gave a fukk about all the main characters evenly, if not at the same high level we cared about past characters. I know none of y'all nikkas expected to end up loving Don Neto by the end:mjlit:Kiki's tragic story, while not translated as powerfully as it could have been by Michael Pena, was a change from the norm that we've seen from the law enforcement aspect of the show. I was worried that after season 3(which I enjoyed) things would start to get repetitive(which is kind of an inherent quality of telling crime stories) but this was a break from the usual formula:ehh:The production values have been top notch since the beginning so that was no surprise. I'm definitely looking forward to season 4:wow:

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
Excellent season. Just behind S1 and S2 imo. Wasn't feeling S3.

For brehs discussing American involvement in the developments down the stretch of the season

also
that Pablo cameo :wow:...lol @ the narcos cinematic universe

Isabella had me thinking about an ex...same body :ohlawd:, from the same part of Mexico and everything

damn, it could have been much deeper if they added some shadowy cia connection to the kidnapping.

there was the cia guy there but that wasn't really enough. was that the same cia dude from the columbia seasons?

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I will say this though, I didn’t think Kiki was a likeable character AT ALL. Don’t know if that was by design or not..

He wasn’t charismatic, funny or charming..

They should’ve gave him more of a personality so he could be more relatable, but again, don’t know if that was their intention.

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
I will say this though, I didn’t think Kiki was a likeable character AT ALL. Don’t know if that was by design or not..

He wasn’t charismatic, funny or charming..

They should’ve gave him more of a personality so he could be more relatable, but again, don’t know if that was their intention.

Perhaps they made him unlikable to soften the blow of him dying.

her certainly was no Javier Peña,

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Isabella is a bonafide dime brehs. Felix needs to handle that.

Yes lawd. That ass was sitting right. Actress name is Teresa Ruiz
220px-Teresa_Ruiz.jpg

Just got to the episode with Pablo, Blackie, Cali Cartel etc. wasnt feeling the first few episodes but it's slowly getting better.

So is this gonna be the only series for Mexico?

Seems like they are setting it up for El Chapo.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Coke Head Rafa and the other guy dancing like homo’s to Boy George :russ:

I got a laugh out of the way they were treating "you-know-who" like a little errand boy in that scene

Also I don't think I've skipped the opening theme/credits a single time in 4 seasons. We need to make a goat opening song/intro in TV history thread.