Narcos: Mexico - Season 1 (Official Thread) 11/16

TheLostOnes

Laker for life
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Haven't watched this series after I finished season 2 which was great. Is it good after the great season 2?

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
It was a good season overall, but as I knew, it would NOT be fukking with Colombian Narcos by a long shot, especially seasons one and two - not even close. You simply can't match the charm of the Medellin Cartel and the feds who were after them.

I didn't feel a connection to any of the characters like that in this season, good or bad.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Naw breh, he just isnt emotional he just is pragmatic as hell. Man is like a freaking robot. Kills to get leverage and to set rules, not out of emotion.
Felix initially comes off as very intelligent the way he organized the plazas and consolidated power...He's the direct opposite of Pablo, Pablo was of the Al Capone cloth, all about swag and making noise which is why his chapter ended quickly...Felix is of the Meyer Lansky cloth, he understood there is no such thing as good noise in the dope game...The way you outlive the game is by ruling with an iron fist while staying under the radar...

That said I understood why he couldn't off Rafa after son made all that noise, that's his mans, but I cannot understand Felix decision to get involved with cocaine...Everybody knew getting involved with cocaine put an instant target on your head, huge blip on the radar...

Felix had entire cities under his control, governors, police etc...Why fukk that all up getting involved with the high profile powder game when the weed game has been so profitable to you and sustainable? His "if I don't do it somebody else will" line was bullshyt just like Neto said...Yes somebody else will inevitably try to rise up but as long as your people are fed and happy its no threat to you...Looked like weed was feeding everybody well to me...And like the narrator said, weed was low on the US governments priority list, weed was and still is looked at like alcohol was during prohibition...As long as you operate with minimal noise it can be a sustainable business...

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
Best season by far

Who is the pilot narco’s uncle ?
Don Neto

I wonder if they will go into his "Senor de Los cielos" story
From what I remember he got plastic surgery on his face and then killed the doctor, and no one knows if he is dead or not

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
It was a good season overall, but as I knew, it would NOT be fukking with Colombian Narcos by a long shot, especially seasons one and two - not even close. You simply can't match the charm of the Medellin Cartel and the feds who were after them.

I didn't feel a connection to any of the characters like that in this season, good or bad.

Seeing as how they went back in time with this, I hope they can go back in time to do a storyline based on the usa traffickers like griselda, rafa and them.

Medellin's come up was the most interesting but it got rushed with 1 season. The usa storyline and new characters would make it fresh but they also get escobar season to return :blessed:

Mexico just isn't as interesting tbh.

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
Oh shyt, got it

Thought so but they look so different. Pilot dude has been one of my fav characters since last season.

And I kind of liked how they showed the narcos actually getting High this season.

Headed to Mexico for a week on Monday, that’s all I’m gonna say :mjlit:
Hope you have a blast :steviej:

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
From a quality perspective I can tell this isn't as good as the other seasons but for some reason I'm enjoying this a lot more than some of the other seasons.

Also I don't think I've skipped the opening theme/credits a single time in 4 seasons. We need to make a goat opening song/intro in TV history thread.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Kiki's wife on that show The Rookie looking fine af in uniform :mjlit:
320x180-Q90_86f7924f991351fa11454526ce9fc83f.jpg