Supporter
Daps
Magic%20Pengel%20-%20Cover.jpg

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I once had a 5.25" floppy disk with a bunch of old DOS games from the early 80's.
:old::old::old::old::old::old::old::old::old::old::old::old::old::old::old::old::old::old::old::old:
There's probably someone in this forum that has played they original "Colossal Cave Adventure" game, AKA "ADVENT":

Landing

That one's pretty well known. It's the original Text Adventure game. It also contained one of the all time greatest moments in gaming:

AdvDragon.png

It took me literally A YEAR to figure out how to kill the dragon. I never did beat the whole game, though (no way to get hints back then).

However, I'm pretty sure I'm the ONLY one on this forum that has played some of the more obscure BASIC games, like "DESERT" :

lwiest/BASICCompiler

You played this one by hitting number keys to make choices:

"#1 DRINK FROM YOUR CANTEEN"
"#2 AHEAD MODERATE SPEED"
"#3 AHEAD FULL SPEED"
"#4 STOP FOR THE NIGHT"
"#5 STATUS CHECK"
"#6 HOPE FOR HELP"

Winning this one felt like a real accomplishment.
Because it was a BASIC game, it was fun to open the game file and edit the text to say whatever you wanted it to say. Kind of the most primitive form of "hacking".

The disk also had a BASIC text-based version of "Lunar Lander" :

BASIC Computer Games: Page from BASIC Computer Games

Kind of like the old vector graphics lunar lander, except with no graphics. At each prompt, the program told you how high up you were and how fast you were going, and you had to enter a number for how much thrust you wanted to send to your rockets to touch down. If you hit the ground too hard or ran out of gas, you died.

Last edited:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

Played the hell outta these too.

I had the ColecoVision version of "Quest for Tires". Actually, I had a lot of ColecoVision games that I used to buy from bargain bins years after the console was abandoned. I was still buying $5 ColecoVision games after the NES was already released.

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
I had the ColecoVision version of "Quest for Tires". Actually, I had a lot of ColecoVision games that I used to buy from bargain bins years after the console was abandoned. I was still buying $5 ColecoVision games after the NES was already released.
I had em all on Commodore 64. I didn’t get an NES until I was an adult