Name a game you’re pretty sure no one else on The Coli has played

Rhyme n Tekniq

Superstar
Daps
This was low-key the reason why I begged my mom for a Genesis back in the day, and for years I could never remember the name of this damn game :russ:

:myman:

Only Regret is my friends were always never around when I rented that game. prolly too busy playin PSOne which debut around 1995 nikkas were already movin on from sega genesis and snes

Last edited:

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
exmutants.jpg

fukk y'all know about that "Ex-Mutants" on Sega though....? :sas1:

Not "X-Men" on Sega.... :sas2:

Ex-Mutants.....like these nikkas ain't mutants no more, breh. :sas1:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Anybody ever play this?

51276-michael-jordan-in-flight-dos-front-cover.jpg

Michael Jordan in Flight is a 1993 computer basketball game for DOS. It was developed by and published by Electronic Arts and is endorsed by Michael Jordan although it has no NBA licensed players or teams.

shyt was decent but you played with a keyboard and mouse. :skip:

I remember I always wanted that one, but I never played it. If I remember correctly it didn't come out until after a long delay.

I was just thinking about this game today.
It's not that obscure.

You have to be real :old: and :flabbynsick: to have played this.

I had that on ColecoVision :old:

How about these:
610453-starflight_cover_large.jpg

sf2box.jpg

Absolutely ridiculously HUGE universe with hundreds and hundreds of planets that you could land on and drive around. The second game added earning money through buying and selling cargo between different star systems. Multiple different alien races that reacted differently to you moving forward based how how you acted and the tone that you used in your conversations with them. True open world games (No "missions", etc.) yet with a plot that you can follow and beat in the end.

Oh yeah, and if your ship got destroyed, it was GAME OVER and you had to restart right at the beginning...the only way to restore an earlier saved game was the literally make a backup copy of the game disks :why:

The Mass Effect series wouldn't exist without these games, but Mass Effect isn't nearly as "open world" as Starflight was.

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
The good/bad part of back in the day gaming is that for the most part you didn't have the whole internet of info available to you. You just had to read the back of the game, see a commercial, or just word of mouth :wow:

Sometimes you found gems, but usually it was trash lol. But you still played that trash because your parents weren't just going to get you another game like that.

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland

A lot of people are faking the funk when it comes to being fans of the Persona series. I know damn sure they didn't play the PS one version of Persona 1:

Or Persona Innocent Sin for PSP:

I lowkey never liked and still don't really like P3 because it switched styles from the OG games. I do like Persona 4 because of the characters, both main and side characters.

You ain’t lying about people bullshirtinf about being persona fans. Basically I got the game for my birthday along with suikoden. I still can’t beleive I’ve beaten it twice. Once in 97 and again in 98. I didn’t play the psp re release because frankly I loved the original ps1 release flaws and all. When you died in that dungeon that was your ass. I saved up money as reserved persona 2 and I never realized that it was only half of a game and also I didn’t realize it would be worth something later.
Persona 3 release was huge for me, I was pissed when it got delayed and GameStop sent me home fiending. Funny thing is part 4 cAme out so quickly I didn’t know it was out until someone on sohh had a thread on ir

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
time for me to contribue

220px-Tobal2_front.jpg

imported this in 1998, had a job at that point (a program called "speedy" out in san jose for youth on probation and or convicted of something in the juvenile court system) so blew my money on bullshyt but this was a deep game with excellent gameplay

220px-Maken_X.jpg

weird game that i fukking loved, you could possess people and all kinds of dope shyt

latest

this one damn near brings tears to my eyes, one of the last games i bought before joining the military in 2001. i remember getting the stupid sega internet service tso i could get online through earthlink, using a fukking dialup when we had DSL IN THE HOuse but the dreamcast wasnt built for all that. it is my first MMO experience.