NABJ Presidential Candidates Forum 2019 /* Trump to field questions at NABJ 2024

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
They're gonna press him, and make him look bad.
The same way Ed Gordon pressed Omarosa a few years back at the convention. Trump panics and stumbles when the interviewer isn't fawning over him, and asks real questions.

As objective journalists, I don't see how they could turn down the Republican nominee, though.

The segment of Black voters who would even consider voting for him, are definitely not people who read serious journalism and reporting. So he's gonna look bad here for nothing.
Not with that panel, they gonna throw him some waffle balls and have the Black people that's against migrants in Chicago in the audience to make it seem like Black Chicago is pro Trump, a week before the DNC Convention.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
They're gonna press him, and make him look bad.
The same way Ed Gordon pressed Omarosa a few years back at the convention. Trump panics and stumbles when the interviewer isn't fawning over him, and asks real questions.

As objective journalists, I don't see how they could turn down the Republican nominee, though.

The segment of Black voters who would even consider voting for him, are definitely not people who read serious journalism and reporting. So he's gonna look bad here for nothing.
Faulkner isn’t going to press him, that’s for damn sure. She’ll probably run interference for him the whole time

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Not with that panel, they gonna throw him some waffle balls and have the Black people that's against migrants in Chicago in the audience to make it seem like Black Chicago is pro Trump, a week before the DNC Convention.
Not sure about that. People in the audience aren't Chicago residents, but mostly journalists from around the country there for the convention.

I know who the Fox woman is, and expect soft questions from her. Less familiar with the others but doubt they'd damage their credibility like that.
Fox has no credibility.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

ZERO issue with his reasoning. He's right. Here's my problem: Faulkner is not a journalist, she's a TV new anchor that regularly capes for conservatives. Why is she involved, besides to make Trump feel comfortable?

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps

ZERO issue with his reasoning. He's right. Here's my problem: Faulkner is not a journalist, she's a TV new anchor that regularly capes for conservatives. Why is she involved, besides to make Trump feel comfortable?

He’s smart and is a good dude.. I just hope this don’t blow up in their faces. Again it wouldn’t be a big deal if it wasn’t Trump. He is a candidate and they always invite candidates. People need to get on the same page about how they feel about Trump. I’m sure some of the same people mad about this are shytting on Kamala as well. There’s too many mixed messages out here

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

They invited both candidates. I'm guessing that the same panel was set to do both interviews. "Equal time" and balance.

Don't think there's a pipeline for objective journalists on modern conservative outlets, so they went with her. She was a reporter in her younger days, like other anchors. She just opted to do infomercial journalism at Fox.

AceMan

Superstar
Daps

I agree as well.

Now I can't wait for tomorrow because the NABJ President and Chair members walked themselves into a corner where they letting us know they will properly vet the President.

Trump talking like this won't cut it

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

Trump address to Black journalist convention prompts co-chair Karen Attiah to quit​

108013692-1722358958011-gettyimages-1152227589-dsc_9214_2019052845832259.jpeg

July 30, 2024

The co-chair of the annual National Association of Black Journalists convention stepped down Tuesday in apparent reaction to that group’s decision to have former President Donald Trump speak at its convention and career fair in Chicago on Wednesday, among other factors.

“To the journalists interviewing Trump, I wish them the best of luck,” NABJ24 convention co-chair Karen Attiah wrote in a social media post announcing her decision to resign her position. “For everyone else, I’m looking forward to meeting and reconnecting with all of you in the Windy City.”

“While my decision was influenced by a variety of factors, I was not involved or consulted with in any way with the decision to platform Trump in such a format,” wrote Attiah, a columnist for The Washington Post who writes about international affairs, culture and human rights issues

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Probably should’ve just held off on doing that until they got both candidates confirmed at least. They didn’t even have to do it at the conference.. they could’ve done it later. Oh well..

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Pathetic. Treating Trump like Voldermort is childish and not effective. He is a candidate for president and might win in November. Holding him accountable on a stage with journalists (with live fact checking) strikes me as a good thing.

September

Symbol Of Excellence
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Idaho.

Pathetic. Treating Trump like Voldermort is childish and not effective. He is a candidate for president and might win in November. Holding him accountable on a stage with journalists (with live fact checking) strikes me as a good thing.

He’s a Nazi? :dahell: Have yall not learned you can’t reason with the unreasonable? That platforming the illegitimate is irresponsible? What lies does he need to spew that we haven’t heard before? It’s been 8 years of Trump at this point and HE’S the only one that’s been consistent in his bullshyt. What else does he need to say? Black people do not have to take the “good boy” route.

September

Symbol Of Excellence
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Idaho.
And Jemele said that she was told Trump would only show up om the condition that Harris Faulkner was one of the panelists, when NABJ’s official statement says “she was recommended”. They kept that shyt purposefully vague for a reason and literally set this panel up for him how he wanted. Where tf is the journalistic integrity in that?

Mind you, this is fact checking they just implemented today after the backlash. Un-fukking-real where the need for clout takes black people.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
And Jemele said that she was told Trump would only show up om the condition that Harris Faulkner was one of the panelists, when NABJ’s official statement says “she was recommended”. They kept that shyt purposefully vague for a reason and literally set this panel up for him how he wanted. Where tf is the journalistic integrity in that?

:wtf:you a Mets fan from Idaho, or you moved to Idaho