N64: Name a Next Gen that I ain't Influenced

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't get it twisted...we used to be killing that Tekken, Soul Edge, FF7, Metal Gear etc. too...just that the N64 was ground breaking and at its best was superior to the PSX at its best in terms of enjoyment...which is what gaming is all about.
:skip:

To each his own, i never really enjoyed the n64 controller :yeshrug:

I think psx has the best catalogue of all game system, literally goat status. No one matching them pound for pound. And that media system, brehs, thats when cd's was still popping i used to have my system on crank :stylin: Playstation took the shyt to the next level.

N64 was hot, it did a lot of stuff right, but rumble pack :upsetfavre:, memory cards with no memory :flabbynsick:, expansion pack :pacspit:, coming from the era of sega mutant consoles im happy playstation was striaght to the damn point

And nintendo still tryna push they shytty upgrade agenda... wii motion plus :scusthov:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Don't get it twisted...we used to be killing that Tekken, Soul Edge, FF7, Metal Gear etc. too...just that the N64 was ground breaking and at its best was superior to the PSX at its best in terms of enjoyment...which is what gaming is all about.

other than maybe zelda, psx had games just as important as the n64

metal gear solid was just as important as any game you can list on 64

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
i still don't see how people forget to ever talk about the VASTLY superior Perfect Dark to golden eye....

there's not many games out even now that were as fun as Perfect Dark was.....and them Multiplayer bots were CRAAAAAAAAAAAAZY

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
i still don't see how people forget to ever talk about the VASTLY superior Perfect Dark to golden eye....

there's not many games out even now that were as fun as Perfect Dark was.....and them Multiplayer bots were CRAAAAAAAAAAAAZY
Perfect Dark isnt ignored but its call the unofficial child of Goldeneye. Thats like putting Nas over Rakim in the history books

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Perfect Dark isnt ignored but its call the unofficial child of Goldeneye. Thats like putting Nas over Rakim in the history books

even if Nas had the more critically acclaimed, superior discography, commercially successful career?

:what:

Nostalgia shouldn't get in the way of accurately assessing something.

thats like saying Oblivion is better than Skyrim cuz it was "more true to fantasy roots" eff that...Skyrim is a BETTER GAME....or "oh GTA3 is the goat cuz it show us sandbox games could really work" EFF THAT San Andreas was the best in the series HANDS DOWN.

i love them both but Perfect Dark >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 007

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
even if Nas had the more critically acclaimed, superior discography, commercially successful career?

:what:

Nostalgia shouldn't get in the way of accurately assessing something.

thats like saying Oblivion is better than Skyrim cuz it was "more true to fantasy roots" eff that...Skyrim is a BETTER GAME....or "oh GTA3 is the goat cuz it show us sandbox games could really work" EFF THAT San Andreas was the best in the series HANDS DOWN.

i love them both but Perfect Dark >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 007

hes trying to tell you that since it was made by the same team, on the same game engine, with the same gameplay, but released at a later date, why wouldnt it be better? and even thats debatable

people done overlook the game like you say, they just realized that 007 was the birth of perfect dark

and as far as you saying nas had the better career, that really doesnt apply here unless your saying perfect dark had a better run than goldeneye, which it didnt

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I never got the hype for "Perfect Dark". It was basically "Goldeneye" with a bunch of extra shyt in it that made it run slow as fukk. If you had too many bots on screen it looked like stop-motion photography.

N64 was a terrible console with some of the greatest games of that gen. That's about all I can say.

Fred.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI

nah its cause at that point we were golden eyed out breh

if I remember correctly, when perfect dark came out nikkas were still riding that dreamcast wave, then perfect dark dropped, then ps2 came out

so folks were hyped over consoles at that point, perfect dark got caught in the shuffle as simply being a game on a dead system

edit: I actually got the releases reversed. PD came out May 2000 and ps2 came out march 2000.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
I think some of y'all don't remember (or don't know) what a phenomenon Goldeneye was back in the day. We used to spend HOURS on that multiplayer shyt...just straight KILLING it. Not to mention the single player story mode blew everyone away. It held down and re-invented the genre. You can definitely see its influence in future fps.

my nikka...if nikkas don't understand what goldeneye did when it came out, they wont get it.

Getting 4 nikkas together to play was one of the greatest feelings i ever had as a kid. I wish I could go back to that period right now. Me, my bro and my two cousins..oh my god, great fukkin times.

I owned Stack

Then the single player. We had to complete missions in a specific time to unlock shyt for multiplayer. fukkin incredible feeling when u finally got them cheats.

Then Perfect Dark came out and was an even better game. Sheesh. You had single player, Challenges and Multiplayer. You didn't even need nikkas to play it, them bots alone would have u steppin ya game up. However, I enjoyed golden-eye more because I played against more ppl in it than I did for PD.

Also, let's not forget WWF No Mercy. The GOAT wrestling game.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
hes trying to tell you that since it was made by the same team, on the same game engine, with the same gameplay, but released at a later date, why wouldnt it be better? and even thats debatable

people done overlook the game like you say, they just realized that 007 was the birth of perfect dark

and as far as you saying nas had the better career, that really doesnt apply here unless your saying perfect dark had a better run than goldeneye, which it didnt

word word...i feel you and it was a late release on the console but it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good. :ahh:

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
so out of a list of 100 games you pick spyro and ape escape while obviously ignoring the classic/timeless games on the list.

:comeon: x1000

The majority of that list though is throwaway/forgettable shyt.

I brought up Ape Escape and Spyro because they were platformers in the vein of Banzoo-Koozie. My point is the PS1 might've had dozens and dozens of playable platformers, but not one of them struck a chord like Banzoo-Koozie.

The same with it's shooters. But not one of them was fukking with Goldeneye or Perfect Dark on any level.

And to be honest a very small majority of those games could be called classic/timeless. Most of them are solid 7 or 8/10 joints but who remembers those type of games.

I can get about a week or two of enjoyment from a 7/10 game. But shyt like Zelda, Mario, Goldeneye, the Wrestling joints I can play forever. That's why N64 was more memorable.

But I know ya'll go hard with this console rivarly shyt. I personally could give a fukk about repping a hardware company. All I'm saying is I liked the N64 better. I ain't into stan wars.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
I personally could give a fukk about repping a hardware company. All I'm saying is I liked the N64 better. I ain't into stan wars.

i respect and agree with the bolded, but still :comeon: @ "that list is mostly 7 and 8's.

:yeshrug:
mario 64 is still the worst mario ever