N!gga = N!gger

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
isn't that technically the Caribbean with Caribbean cuture?
The US Virgin Islands is a mix of all of the islands since its the gate to the US. Some will be AA culture and some will be Carribean Culture from islands all over the carribean.

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
I wrestle with the use of this word...

There's nothing as endearing as being able to walk up to a black male you barely know and hitting him with the, "Was sup my nikka!" and exchanging dap.

It's a brotherhood that white PEOPLE WISH they could be a part of. They have everything else on this planet except free reign to use this word...and it kills them.

We've given away everything else, perhaps we shouldn't give this away?

It's a powerful thing, that can only be pulled off by a swagged out people as black americans, to take a negative term and make it cool. To take it from white people and make it ours!

We've done similar with other words, it's what we do!

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
I wrestle with the use of this word...

There's nothing as endearing as being able to walk up to a black male you barely know and hitting him with the, "Was sup my nikka!" and exchanging dap.

It's a brotherhood that white PEOPLE WISH they could be a part of. They have everything else on this planet except free reign to use this word...and it kills them.

We've given away everything else, perhaps we shouldn't give this away?

It's a powerful thing, that can only be pulled off by a swagged out people as black americans, to take a negative term and make it cool. To take it from white people and make it ours!

We've done similar with other words, it's what we do!
:snoop:

Look, man, white people say "n!gger"/"n!gga" all the time.

omnifax

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kalamazoo, MI #ADOS
I agree. At first I also believed the two to be different but as I got older I realized that the only difference is the intention behind it which is where people get that "terms of endearment" line. I've never really said it a lot in my life except when reciting rap lyrics but I think its mainly because my parents only said it occasionally. Personally I'm trying to remove it from my vocab and when I want address another black male I'll just use "my man" :myman: or maybe even friend like marcus said.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Oh, I saw it clear. The video was to point out the monster created by trying to reclaim such a derogatory word. Me, I hate hearing whites use it. But hearing my people's use it often has me like

:dahell:
Well one of the reasons I find nikka interesting is us using it and going at whites who use it pisses off white racists and whites who dont understand us.

I like that....

ThatTruth777

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No time in history has any non colonized or conquered group of ppl ever embraced a racial slur by trying to reorganize the words. Why? Because they understand the value of having a strong identity they can be prideful in. There must be some type of psychology or pathology behind this attempt ignorant black people to transform a racial slurp into something positive.

As a result,now you see us embracing the word c00n, another racial epithet created by whites to verbally insult black people.Can you see the pattern here?We actually adopt racial slurs that whites create.Who else does that? Again,there's a sick pathology behind it. At some point you need to establish an identity instead embracing racial slurs created by racist whites to identify us.

The way I look at it, if you accept being called a nikka you are limiting your potential to that of a nikka. The word itself was originally meant to be a insult and a bunch of other negative sentiments I don't care to write. Its like if you calling yourself that you are subconsciously damaging the image of yourself that extends to many things like the lack of faith or belief in yourself to do something worthwhile for example. Its like you make an effort everyday to become the man you want to be and if that's a nikka then you are damning yourself to a future of ignorance. But I understand most people don't use it with that intention or depth of seriousness, its a cultural thing that has been embraced largely due to hip hop. I still use it every once in a while but its just a bad habit that needs to stopped.

HollowPoints2

Don Makaveli.
Daps
Reppin
East Coast
Many African Americans know our history. We know how far AAs came from being slaves to now and we acknowledge it even today. We also know that we have created our own culture after being detached from the mainland.

Calling each other a word which as you yourself admit was created to be positive isnt gonna hurt us.

Identifying those who kiss white ass and ridicule them isnt gonna hurt us either.

What is hurting us is other issues in the culture like the part that praises the ghetto and the part that tries to please the white racists.

Not to mention our usage of the word nikka and us not liking whites to say it enrages racist whites which is a good thing.

I know that african and african americans have friction but that doesnt mean that you have to subscribe to such friction creating activity.

I never said there was anything positive about the word. If anything it pushes black people back 50 years to where our forefathers were publicly disrespected with that word.

The only reason whites want to use the N word publicly is so they can call black people what they really believe we are,which is subhumans.

If we want to choose an endearing word, why does it have to be a racial slur created by the same people who wish to see us with no identity? I'm sure wer'e creative enough to come up with a better word used for endearment.