Myles Garrett hits Pittsburgh Mason Rudolph with his own helmet: Suspended Indefinitely

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
76644651_2558135660938076_3527930572666044416_n.jpg

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
You're ignoring the fact that the person with the "weapon" was also being restrained by someone and was being moved in the opposite direction, while the person without was free to move unencumbered. Mason was the aggressor, "serious" threat be damned. Nothing that happened in that sequence of events happens if he takes his sack and keeps it moving.
I'm not ignoring anything, you're arguing an inarguable point. The use of force wasn't proportional. Once you pick up a weapon, and proceed to use that weapon on someone who is unarmed with the intent to cause maximum damage, the intent is clear and obvious. Like I said, Mason could have had him arrested and charged. He's lucky in that regard.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
I'm not ignoring anything, you're arguing an inarguable point. The use of force wasn't proportional. Once you pick up a weapon, and proceed to use that weapon on someone who is unarmed with the intent to cause maximum damage, the intent is clear and obvious. Like I said, Mason could have had him arrested and charged. He's lucky in that regard.

1. Myles didn't "pick up" a weapon, he was already holding it.
If you're somebody unarmed who could walk away from conflict, but choose to run to that conflict with an "armed" person you are an idiot - and anything they happen to be holding to hit you with is in self-defense.

2. You're speculating that Myles' intent was to cause "maximum" damage.

2b. Myles couldn't even use full force or a full swing, because (again) he was being held back by someone.

Mason does not win this case if it goes to trial, which is probably why he comes the next day and says he won't press, even after he and his lawyer talk smack the previous night.

Get off the wood, it's no good. There goes the neighborhood.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
1. Myles didn't "pick up" a weapon, he was already holding it.
If you're somebody unarmed who could walk away from conflict, but choose to run to that conflict with an "armed" person you are an idiot - and anything they happen to be holding to hit you with is in self-defense.

2. You're speculating that Myles' intent was to cause "maximum" damage.

2b. Myles couldn't even use full force or a full swing, because (again) he was being held back by someone.

Mason does not win this case if it goes to trial, which is probably why he comes the next day and says he won't press, even after he and his lawyer talk smack the previous night.

Get off the wood, it's no good. There goes the neighborhood.
Nice try, but that's not how the law works. You're simply wrong as how the law operates. By your logic a use of a firearm would have been sufficient as long as it "neutralized the threat." His use of force would have been valid if it were in proportionate to the use of force used against him. Bottom line, period.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Nice try, but that's not how the law works. You're simply wrong as how the law operates. By your logic a use of a firearm would have been sufficient as long as it "neutralized the threat." His use of force would have been valid if it were in proportionate to the use of force used against him. Bottom line, period.

Do you think Mason would've ran up on Myles if he was holding a firearm?

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Who has stared that Garrett deseves no suspension or punishment? Legitimately every genuine take I've seen that seeks to hold Rudolph accountable for escalating, also has stated ad nauseam that Myles should be punished. It's as if some of you are literally physically and mentally incapable of realizing that two things can simultaneously be true. Myles should bare the brunt of the punishment given how egregious swinging a helmet at an exposed skull is.

That simply can't happen.

Rudolph should also be punished accordingly (a single game suspension and fine would suffice) for attempting to remove Garrett's helmet, kicking him in the groin, and pursuing him once he was being removed from the situation.

Life isn't predicated on absolutes. This should be nowhere near as complicated to understand as many of you seem to be hellbent on making it.

When the Draymond kick happened there were people in here claiming that “that was his natural shooting motion and he kicks his leg up like that all the time.” Then they complained about the suspension, then they complained that suspension cost them the series.

Take away the suspension aspect, there was no one saying Steven Adams should have kicked the shyt out of Draymond to retaliate. There was none of this “if you agitate you auto deserve a multiple fold response” argument.

It’s a bad argument and it is the same argument made by Castle Doctrine people about shooting anyone that even comes on your property as well as the “I was in fear for my life” argument by cops against unarmed Black people.

Suspend Rudolph for 5 games, that’s not the point I’m making. And there were many people in here saying any level of response is justified

Daps
Myles is appealing the suspension at least....

I wouldn't resign in Cleveland though. He should go to Baltimore, Dallas, Philly...anywhere but the Browns.

Bakkker went out of his way to use Myles so he could look good. All he had to say was "it's an unfortunate situation, we don't like what happened but we will support him...blah blah"

Myles ain't never called BM on his bullshyt. He seems like a forgiving type but I would never forgive my team/QB for that shyt.