Myles Garrett hits Pittsburgh Mason Rudolph with his own helmet: Suspended Indefinitely

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
I've been watching the NFL since about 1990 and that's the worst fight on the field that I've ever seen. IMO Mason deserves a fine and 3 games, he started it and escalated it...and Miles should get a full 14 (next 6 games plus half the next.) It's just ugly AF.

I don't care what anyone says, to remove a helmet is one thing, but to make the cognitive decision to take a full swing with it at someone's head is just a different level. The intent is clear and obvious--to cause maximum damage.
Myles just getting 6 games is surprising part

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
ScaryQuestionableIndochinesetiger-size_restricted.gif

So if Steven Adams grabs a chair here and clocks Draymond over the head here it’s completely justified, no suspension?:jbhmm:

Asking for a friend

N711oir

All Star
Daps
:umad: to be honest this entire thing has to do, with the NFL letting another QB come back:sas2:

To the sympathizers :scust:

If you were on a roller coaster, and some fool next to you decides it's a good idea to try and un hook your safety belt:dame:

everything that takes place on that field is dangerous, Rudolph the red hat maga sympathizer is the person who actually committed the criminal act:mjtf:

Like is said altogether has more to do with Kap then anything.

as well many wonder why most of those "black" sports analyst stick up for the QB instead of the brother:unimpressed:

And you will notice they will present the cac analyst attempting to be impartial or pleading the case for the "black" individual.

this is by design.

DaRock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So the NFL rule book states any player using their helmet as a weapon is to be ejected from the game and fined? Yeah that’s all I need to see.. Myles will be reinstated before after 3-4 games.. especially if he gets his lawyer into it and threaten to sue the league

No way in hell will he be reinstated after 3-4 games....And I'm quite sure that rule was written without the thought of a player using a helmet against a helmet less player and hitting them in the head..with all this head safety and concussion shyt he's in a no win situation...the NFL hearing or any other court..

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
all these black men giving their c00n ass answers and Max Kellerman of all people gives the one and only logical response. Smh. Dude nailed it when he brought up baseball and hockey.

I don't be watching First Take every day, but when I do catch it Max seems to be the one who makes the most sense. I tip my hat to him that he has the restraint to not say "Mayne, FUCC THAT" to Stephen A everyday...

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
ScaryQuestionableIndochinesetiger-size_restricted.gif

So if Steven Adams grabs a chair here and clocks Draymond over the head here it’s completely justified, no suspension?:jbhmm:

Asking for a friend
Not the same thing, the chair isn't apart of the uniform that the players wear.

A better analogy would be if Steven Adams grabbed Draymond's shoe and hit him with it. He'll be suspended but not for the year or even 10 games.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
I've been watching the NFL since about 1990 and that's the worst fight on the field that I've ever seen. IMO Mason deserves a fine and 3 games, he started it and escalated it...and Miles should get a full 14 (next 6 games plus half the next.) It's just ugly AF.

I don't care what anyone says, to remove a helmet is one thing, but to make the cognitive decision to take a full swing with it at someone's head is just a different level. The intent is clear and obvious--to cause maximum damage.

Myles doesn't even swing the helmet if Mason doesn't run up on him.

The "intent" appeared to be to neutralize the threat. Success was had.

Now,

- if "to remove a helmet is one thing", what's the recourse for Mason who initiated the helmet removing?
- what was Mason's "intent" running up on somebody who's already being subdued, after they were already separated?

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
So if Steven Adams grabs a chair here and clocks Draymond over the head here it’s completely justified, no suspension?

Who has stared that Garrett deseves no suspension or punishment? Legitimately every genuine take I've seen that seeks to hold Rudolph accountable for escalating, also has stated ad nauseam that Myles should be punished. It's as if some of you are literally physically and mentally incapable of realizing that two things can simultaneously be true. Myles should bare the brunt of the punishment given how egregious swinging a helmet at an exposed skull is.

That simply can't happen.

Rudolph should also be punished accordingly (a single game suspension and fine would suffice) for attempting to remove Garrett's helmet, kicking him in the groin, and pursuing him once he was being removed from the situation.

Life isn't predicated on absolutes. This should be nowhere near as complicated to understand as many of you seem to be hellbent on making it.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
Myles doesn't even swing the helmet if Mason doesn't run up on him.

The "intent" appeared to be to neutralize the threat. Success was had.

Now,

- if "to remove a helmet is one thing", what's the recourse for Mason who initiated the helmet removing?
- what was Mason's "intent" running up on somebody who's already being subdued, after they were already separated?
We'll agree to disagree. The use of force wasn't proportionate to the threat....isn't this what people critisize police for all the time??

How is Mason a "threat" running at him unarmed without a helmet on towards a guy with a helmet armed with a weapon in his hands?

Hypothetically, If Mason had of run up to him*with* a helmet in hand and attempted to take a swing at Myles, then the intent would have been to cause a serious physical injury--that would have justified Myles use of a proportionate amount of force to "neutralize the threat" as you phrased it with a helmet in return.

If Myles had of removed the helmet and threw it to the side, and then engaged Mason, his actions would have come off as less egregious and threatening. But like I said, to take a full swing to the head, to someone without a helmet, and then to make contact with that swing, shows what his intentions were.

The NFL and anyone can see that which is why Mason was given a lighter penalty by the league, and Myles was given the heavier sentence. Myles was never under any serious threat, but his intended use of force was meant to cause serious physical harm.

If we're getting into the penal law...Myles could have been arrested for aggravated felony assault in most states. i don't think that the "Self defense" argument would hold up either.

Last edited:

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
We'll agree to disagree. The use of force wasn't proportionate to the threat....isn't this what people critisize police for all the time??

How is Mason a "threat" running at him unarmed without a helmet on towards a guy with a helmet armed with a weapon in his hands?

Hypothetically, If Mason had of run up to him*with* a helmet in hand and attempted to take a swing at Myles, then the intent would have been to cause a serious physical injury--that would have justified Myles use of a proportionate amount of force to "neutralize the threat" as you phrased it with a helmet in return.

The NFL and anyone can see that which is why Mason was given a lighter penalty by the league, and Myles was given the heavier sentence. Myles was never under any serious threat, but his intended use of force was meant to cause serious physical harm.

You're ignoring the fact that the person with the "weapon" was also being restrained by someone and was being moved in the opposite direction, while the person without was free to move unencumbered. Mason was the aggressor, "serious" threat be damned. Nothing that happened in that sequence of events happens if he takes his sack and keeps it moving.