We tried that. My wife hated that shyt.

Doesn’t matter. You’re a Coli member.

ac1064aa-880e-40cb-a891-fc09ba774143_text.gif

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
Ur wife didn’t handle the shyt well as a manager. She was unprofessional bottom line my guy. Lol
She actually handled it very well. Pulled her card, found out she was lying, saw the text messages between her and another employee about said lie and how she was gonna call outta work, put her on final warning and then she showed up for her 2pm shift lol. My wife won :yeshrug:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
This isn't wrong at all. If the employee is staying out due to "mental distress" and the employee does not come to work after a few days, the manager has every right to ask the employee if she has a medical note supporting her leave of absence.

Especially in light of her potentially bullshytting about the seriousness of everything.

Yes, HR can be involved, but they would likely ask the same thing before it turns into an employee relations issue if this keeps dragging out.

If the resturant as a personal leave of absence policy, that could be applied here.
No. Asking for a note is something managers do but isn’t technically a legal way to fire someone. The note should actually be presented to HR and yes you are right. Most jobs have leave of absence policies which is also why it should be handed off to HR. A lot of places have to automatically direct the employee to HR if they have 3 unexcused absences in a row. If she’s no call no showing she should be written up until she passes the limit (usually 3) so she can be terminated. There’s ways to do this shyt to avoid legal issues, lawsuits and all kinds of headaches.

ItsPeople

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It wasn't a real accident. Her front bumper fell off and she has a dent in the side. The car is still driveable. New details have emerged. She's been lying. Apparently it has something to do with her bf breaking up with her so she's been trying to get the weekend off and has been pumping up this minor accident as the reason why.

The company snitch has been feeding my wife all the gossip because the cac can't keep her mouth closed. My wife is about to take disciplinary action if she can get something to stick.

This just sounds so wrong :dead:

given what’s been transpiring 🍿

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
She actually handled it very well. Pulled her card, found out she was lying, saw the text messages between her and another employee about said lie and how she was gonna call outta work, put her on final warning and then she showed up for her 2pm shift lol. My wife won :yeshrug:
So now she already showed up :mjgrin:

And again i ask, was she actually in an accident or not?

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
My guy. Ur wife is lucky shyt didn’t go another way. Just cause u “won” in the end does not mean it was handled well or professionally. U didn’t even know she was lying and y’all was wrong from the jump. What if she wasn’t lying and decided to escalate it? Ur wife’s job would be in trouble and an HR case would be the best case scenario.

Hathaway

Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
Ur wife didn’t handle the shyt well as a manager. She was unprofessional bottom line my guy. Lol
She actually handled it very well. Pulled her card, found out she was lying, saw the text messages between her and another employee about said lie and how she was gonna call outta work, put her on final warning and then she showed up for her 2pm shift lol. My wife won
So now she already showed up :mjgrin:

And again i ask, was she actually in an accident or not?
Yeah she was. She sent the pictures but she made it seem like it was worse than what it was. She pulled up in her father's BMW today. My wife called the store to see how everything was going.

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
No. Asking for a note is something managers do but isn’t technically a legal way to fire someone. The note should actually be presented to HR and yes you are right. Most jobs have leave of absence policies which is also why it should be handed off to HR. A lot of places have to automatically direct the employee to HR if they have 3 unexcused absences in a row. If she’s no call no showing she should be written up until she passes the limit (usually 3) so she can be terminated. There’s ways to do this shyt to avoid legal issues, lawsuits and all kinds of headaches.
I never said anything about termination. After a few days, asking for a medical note is a simple way to cover her leave of absence.

She's not no-calling no showing. Her issue is that she was expected to return and her father called the big boss to talk about how much of a wreck his daughter is. If she has benefit time that can be used, fine. But once that expires she's in trouble unless she has a medical note (which then can be used to apply for FMLA if needed) or is able to apply for a personal leave of absence if the company has such policy and if she's eligible.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
I'm going to be honest. You know sending that type of message to a white person isn't going to get anywhere.
You tell her to come in or you're going to have to let her go, because it's still job at the end of the day.
Just like everybody else has to do. Those taxes and insurance on a new car aren't going to pay themselves.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
She actually handled it very well. Pulled her card, found out she was lying, saw the text messages between her and another employee about said lie and how she was gonna call outta work, put her on final warning and then she showed up for her 2pm shift lol. My wife won

Yeah she was. She sent the pictures but she made it seem like it was worse than what it was. She pulled up in her father's BMW today. My wife called the store to see how everything was going.
Good luck :mjgrin:

Your wife won the battle but took 2 steps back in winning this war

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Follow company policy. That's all.
I’m actually curious to what the company policy is now.

This sounds like a bum ass place to be…

Guarantee old girl looking for other places to work now. Homies wife went over the GM’s head too… good job for that extra day off. She probably won’t see too many more of those soon

Hathaway

Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
My guy. Ur wife is lucky shyt didn’t go another way. Just cause u “won” in the end does not mean it was handled well or professionally. U didn’t even know she was lying and y’all was wrong from the jump. What if she wasn’t lying and decided to escalate it? Ur wife’s job would be in trouble and an HR case would be the best case scenario.
Nah. After speaking with HR and the Dis.GMs boss, they all agreed with her actions. I actually thought my wife was being too accomodating. She couldve fired her for the no call no shows but she didn't. She even granted her the extra day and then allowed her to try to get another manager to cover her shift. My wife was very professional throughout. Then the cac admitted her lies.

Hathaway

Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
I’m actually curious to what the company policy is now.

This sounds like a bum ass place to be…

Guarantee old girl looking for other places to work now. Homies wife went over the GM’s head too… good job for that extra day off. She probably won’t see too many more of those soon
Yeah it is. The disciplinary protocal is the worse shyt I've ever heard in my life and almost made my wife quit at one point because they don't give her the power to properly discipline employees. So veteran employees knew how to work the system i.e calling out of work claiming to have symptoms of covid. Their protocol says that if an employee says they have symptoms, you have to grant them that leave. Or if an employee is at work and they say I don't feel good I think I have covid, you gotta let them leave. Little shyt like that.

Yeah you gotta have a doctors excuse but these nikkas can just run to a doctors office get a quick check up for covid, it comes back negative then boom they write you a slip and you have your free day and a doctors note. They knew how to get over the system. But my wife is a veteran in this shyt and one by one she caught they ass slipping and fired em until she had her team in place.