My Wife Has to Work 6 Days This Week because of Privileged Cac Girl

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
If I got in a car accident and my manager said I HAD to come in after my shyt got totaled, lmao hell naw. I would have told everyone bout themselves. Restaurants are always hiring. FOH.
Her car wasnt totaled. She lied.

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline
Your wife is the restaurant manager, tough fukkin shyt

She should be happy her shift managers covered those other 3 days

Your wife can always be a waiter, can't take the heat GTFO kitchen!!!!

gordon-ramsay-chef-ramsay.gif

Elle Seven

Superstar
Daps
Workplace drama is at most jobs to a certain degree. But ive never seen somones spouse get this worked up over workplce drama at a place he dont even work at. Grow some fukkin balls dude. Retract them claws princess

OP said he had a night planned with his wife and, thus, this accident lady threw a monkey wrench in their plans.

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Man when that girl quit and your wife gotta work 7 days a week :ufdup:
This is what it boils down to. You cant treat employees like its its 2002 anymore. In this market, his wife may not find a replacement at all. The market isnt in the employer's favor.

It may be better to take an employee thats reliable 75% of the time than to have a reliable 0% from no one. And if MGMT inevitably starts pushing this woman's work on existing employees, then more people will be eyeing greener pastures creating even more work for OP's wife.

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
If I told my company I can't come in tomorrow because i'm mentally not ready after an accident, I would leave the company if they refused.
SECONDLY.......... it should NOT be required to even tell you WHY she or he is under emotional stress, it's really none of your business.

If this is something she does often then ok I get it, but if it's not then that's just wrong.
There's a difference between a boss and a leader, a boss is purely transactional and bossy while a leader is able to build a team with low attrition.

She could be fragile minded, blond girls think everything is a huge deal.
But even that, unless this happens often it's none of your biz.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
All this because she wants to take days off because of an accident? I have employees call out or off all the time. We just document it and take them off the schedule if it becomes an issue. IMO your wife is doing way too much. Why not just have her switch days with another employee?

Example:
Wife: Hey Becky we are more than happy to accommodate you. We hope you get well soon. Since Sharon will be covering your shift on X day. Would you able to cover for her on X day?

Most people will say yes. Trying to have an all out war with employees is not a good decision in the long-term. Always try to find a happy medium. Because if the girl quits everyone is going to have to cover for her regardless and the employee will appreciate the consideration.
Exactly. Either that company sucks. His wife has bad management habits. No offense. And/or he’s never been a manager before either. Everything was handled the wrong way.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
If I told my company I can't come in tomorrow because i'm mentally not ready after an accident, I would leave the company if they refused.
SECONDLY.......... it should NOT be required to even tell you WHY she or he is under emotional stress, it's really none of your business.

If this is something she does often then ok I get it, but if it's not then that's just wrong.
There's a difference between a boss and a leader, a boss is purely transactional and bossy while a leader is able to build a team with low attrition.

She could be fragile minded, blond girls think everything is a huge deal.
But even that, unless this happens often it's none of your biz.
These nikkas don’t even understand this shyt. Giving a REASON is a COURTESY. NOT a requirement. Which is why I tried to tell that other cat demanding a doctors note ain’t even the legal way to handle it. U can do it. But if they decide not to give one to u u can’t do shyt about it. If they are violating unexcused absences. HR will require the note. Because they will start looking into whether u need to take a personal leave and if not u can start getting documented for missing too many days unexcused.

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
Sounds like the breakup caused the distress that led to her being distracted while she drove, leading to the accident. So while the accident may not be the reason for her being unable to attend work, she probably didn’t think time off for a breakup was gonna fly with the restaurant and the accident gave her a convenient out. Sounds like she still needs the time off anyway.

Probably best to just give her the week off. Most ppl are a mess at work the first week after a breakup. They’re useless anyway. She’s just gonna take extra long breaks to cry in the bathroom or forget certain tasks if she comes to work anyway.

Sounds like a larger issue where maybe some more manpower is needed on the roster so that it’d be easier to find coverage.

Common sense ain't that common :francis:

Someone clearly isn't thinking straight because of a breakup. It may have resulted in them crashing a car but the thread starter, in his infinite wisdom, wants her in a kitchen or serving customers.

A lot of these disputes, ego is the biggest obstacle. When you think about things practically, it is easiest to just roll with the punches.

Let the person have their time off and then do a return to work assessment. If a pattern develops, handle it.

I couldn't imagine telling my work place that I was sick for whatever reason and having them tell me that I couldn't take the day off.

What they will do is look at instances and number of days off within a period of time to determine whether or not further action is required.