Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:russ:

I don't understand what's going on.

U opened the app it shows what is in 4K, HD, and lower resolution

The app even show statistics when u go to options
Nah all jokes aside I don't know if it allows for 1080P users to wtch 4K videos when I clickk on it it just says HD.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
No, actually there is
PS4 Pro Suffering Widespread TV Connection Failures - And Everyone Is Blaming Everybody Else

Plenty of people having similar issues.

Some people getting 0K :huhldup:

From the article you posted.

"The Xbox One S had HDR compatibility issues too on launch – though not as widespread as those that seem to be affecting the PS4 Pro. (Pic: Microsoft)"

"For instance, I’ve seen a screenshot of a live chat between an LG customer support representative and a PS4 Pro owner where the LG representative states the following: ‘We are currently experiencing some configuration issues with the new PS4 Pro and… are currently in talks with Sony to fix the issues. We had similar problems when the Xbox One S was released, and back then it was Microsoft who released an update for their console to fix 4K and HDR issues with our TVs.”

I'm pretty sure a firmware patch will eventually get this sorted out. :manny:

Still funny to see PS4 Stans sweat though :sas2:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
From the article you posted.

"The Xbox One S had HDR compatibility issues too on launch – though not as widespread as those that seem to be affecting the PS4 Pro. (Pic: Microsoft)"

"For instance, I’ve seen a screenshot of a live chat between an LG customer support representative and a PS4 Pro owner where the LG representative states the following: ‘We are currently experiencing some configuration issues with the new PS4 Pro and… are currently in talks with Sony to fix the issues. We had similar problems when the Xbox One S was released, and back then it was Microsoft who released an update for their console to fix 4K and HDR issues with our TVs.”

I'm pretty sure a firmware patch will eventually get this sorted out. :manny:

Still funny to see PS4 Stans sweat though :sas2:
Stans always gotta bring up Microsoft:smh:

That says 1S had minor issues with one brand. PRO having major issues with all types of TV brands.

Y'all :ufdup:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Stans always gotta bring up Microsoft:smh:

That says 1S had minor issues with one brand. PRO having major issues with all types of TV brands.

Y'all :ufdup:
I didnt bring them up. The article you posted did.
If you didn't want Microsoft in the conversation you should have posted an article that didnt mention them so blatantly. :mjlol:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
@MeachTheMonster
Go figure a quick google search pulls up more issues with Xbox One S than you care to admit to.

It's not "minor issues with one brand" like you stated. Read:

Bugs Are Ruining the Movie Experience on Xbox One S
The Xbox One S makes a great 4K set top box. It’s a rare box capable of handling HDR, a part of the Ultra High Definition format that allows for better details in scenes of extreme brightness or darkness. But the HDR on the Xbox One S is currently experiencing some significant bugs that firmly drop the console from best in class.

The issues are two-fold. First, there’s a known issue with Netflix wherein the HDR mode is activated even when content isn’t HDR. This leads to the content looking washed out and orange. It was a problem back when I reviewed the Xbox One S in August, and I’ve been suffering with Oompa Loompa onscreen ever since.

The second issue, reported on Reddit, revolves around HDR mode in Ultra High Definition Blu-Rays. Whereas Netflix is eagerly engaging HDR in allcontent, the Blu-Ray app is not properly engaging HDR mode for content with HDR in it. This is leading to dreaded “light bleed” where points on screen are brighter than they should be.

In the case of the Xbox One S this presents at the black bars at the top and bottom of the screen being much brighter than they should be.

Like the Netflix bug, this new Blu-Ray bug isn’t a deal breaker, but is definitely irritating and unattractive. It’s also nearly ruinous if you’re the kind of person who has dropped thousands of dollars on a UHD TV and Xbox Ones S and would like it all to play back exactly right.

Fortunately, both bugs can be resolved with a software update from Microsoft. Yet, with the Netflix bug having been around since launch in early August, it’s anyone’s guess when the bugs will be resolved.

We’ve reached out to Microsoft for comment and will update as soon as we hear back.

http://gizmodo.com/bugs-are-ruining-the-movie-experience-on-xbox-one-s-1786995968

xbox-one-s.jpg

The Xbox One S is not working so well when it comes down to playing back UHD Blu-Ray content with HDR turned on.
This is just a bug, and Microsoft is already on the case with a fix. ( ghsNICK | Reddit
The Xbox One S is the newest video game console from Microsoft, and its release has propelled the company to the top of the console sales chart in the past two months.
Still, as good as the console is in terms of its gaming performance, there are some slight issues when it comes down to media playback, especially 4K and HDR. Bear in mind that Microsoft made a big deal about 4K and HDR media playback when announcing the console.
It also comes with a 4K UHD Blu-Ray drive, a key component missing from the more advanced Sony PS4 Pro. The problem is, 4K and HDR right now don't work as well as they should. A thread on Reddit claims there's a light bleed problem when playing UHD Blu-Ray with HDR enabled.
It appears this doesn't happen when playing 4K and HDR content via streaming apps, so everything is fine there.
After reading several comments via the Reddit post, it would seem this issue happens a lot with Sony, LG and Vizio televisions. Samsung televisions don't appear to show any issues.
The good news is, Major Nelson replied to the post saying he plans to forward the issue to the team. Phil Spencer later replied to the poster by email saying the team is looking into it. Users can only hope the team manages to address the problem or else it wouldn't be fixed any time soon, if ever.