My Husband's Unconscious Racism Nearly Destroyed Our Marriage

Mac Casper

@adonnis - pull up, there's refreshments
Daps
Reppin
Love
It was in one of these predominantly white spaces, a restaurant with a mostly-white clientele, that I first ran headlong into Kevin’s unrealized racism. I’d just learned that he and all his friends carried four-inch pocket knives (or “box openers,” as they liked to call them), and I was kinda freaked out by it. My weapons tend to be off-label weapons, like my keys, a pen, or my purse. I only had one friend who carried a gun, and nobody carried knives. Now, I was sitting surrounded by armed white men.

When I pointed out that they were all carrying weapons, they laughed—didn’t I know the knives were just for opening boxes? I could have been arrested or killed for carrying something like that, regardless of what I planned to do with it—unlike them. They wouldn’t face any consequences for bringing weapons into a restaurant; after all, they were white and the restaurant was mostly white. Kevin shrugged at my observations and said “At least we don’t have to worry about being shot.”

:snoop:

omg shut the fukk up

roxxthe96er

Emcee
Daps
Reppin
CCVII, AMERICON.
I stopped reading at the point where a 4 inch folding knife is considered being armed and dangerous... Anyone finish? Tell me what Kevin ends up doing that's racist he seemed aight up to where I read to... Nerdy but aight... Like not awesome but aight lol

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Correct me if i'm wrong but did she once mention that she loved her Husband in this piece?
5PaH4Em.png

Last edited:

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
I stopped reading at the point where a 4 inch folding knife is considered being armed and dangerous... Anyone finish? Tell me what Kevin ends up doing that's racist he seemed aight up to where I read to... Nerdy but aight... Like not awesome but aight lol

Kevin is mos def a racist douchbag....

But the fact that she is STILL married to him says so much more about HER.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
All these tumblr c00ns and bedwenches have the same stories, "I always aspired to be like the white people, I was ashamed of my blackness"

And we let these weirdos get into media positions as writers and representatives of black thought. Making it seem like this was a common plight among black kids growing up.

nikka I was never ashamed of being black, most nikkas were never ashamed of being black. These nikkas are weird and we have to ostracised these "I became proud of my blackness in college or later" nikkas, they always have underlying issues.
Its cacs elevating these negro bed wenches as "representatives of black thought" not black people. Any self respecting black person seriously checking for the opinion of these morons need to kill themselves.

Last edited: