My homie asked his girl to sign a pre-nup. She said no

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
now that I recall my ex manger from red wing shoes went through a divorce before he became a manager there.
he used to be a manager at a furniture store and one day his wife told him she was cheating on him and she was divorcing him.
dude ended up having to sell his motorcycle, Corvette, to get a good divorce lawyer.
he ended up keeping the house they were renting out but his wife got the condo they had. and he got both his kids his wife didn't want the kids cause she was too busy with her new not friend.
skip to 2 yrs later and he gets summoned for court. his ex wife misses the kids and she wants full custody now and child support. she even hired a private detective to record video of how long he left the kids at the house alone to prove he was a bad father.

the good news is he won and gets child support from her now.
but man that guy would always bring up how much he lost from that divorce anytime we talked about women in the store

sent from my phone nikka....

damn the game fuked up for real, remember the old days when bytches were just stay home mums and didnt need to make money, now they think their shyt cause they be driving and making abut of change

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
Id flip the script on her. Be like, "No the pre nup is just extra motivation to make sure we stay together thru the rough times" or some shyt.

Other then that...its a poker game. I'd be like yeah bytch, OK lets just go ahead and get married. Then the day of the wedding after all that planning...all her family came out, friends, coworkers, etc. Id hit her with that paperwork. Be like u better sign this shyt right now or imma leave your ass at the alter.

Then if they get divorced she can say she signed the prenup under duress and it will be thrown out.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Then if they get divorced she can say she signed the prenup under duress and it will be thrown out.
Which is why if you have the balls to request your girl sign a prenup and she refuses you should have the balls to drop her. Once you request that of her you better be all in.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
The funny part about this whole pre-nup thing is the women that complain about signing them. They know gatdamn well that if they were the breadwinner in the relationship (makin Oprah type money,add the dude is workin at Verizon) that they would want the dude to sign a prenup, in order to protect the womas assetts.

Women are sometimes hypocritical about shyt like this

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
Which is why if you have the balls to request your girl sign a prenup and she refuses you should have the balls to drop her. Once you request that of her you better be all in.

It takes a real strong individual to leave a "good" person because they won't agree to a term that you know is very important to you in the long run. But the best way to make that discision is to learn from other people's mistake. I don't know why we always think our situation is different from the billions of people that lived life before us

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
So many pages to this thread...for nothing.

The Pre-Nuptial Agreement is just another in a series of agreements betrothed people make with each other. If you really believe in it, and they're really not with it:

Say 'no'...
talk low...
let 'em go.

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
Let him put that property in his mama's name (a woman he can always trust) and then he won't have to worry about it. :yeshrug: (Is this legal/possible? Because if so, a lot of folk need to be doing it).

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I'll use my post from a similar thread:

Puttin' all this "all women are dogs"-coli-nonsense aside; yes.

Nobody gets married thinkin' they'll get divorced. I'm sure 98% of people couldn't imagine gettin' divorced. Now, once they do; things can get nasty.

A prenup is just that; a pre-nuptial agreement. I'm sure they aren't all just cut and dry; "you can't have any money, if you leave" type deals.

But, I believe you should plan, in the event ya'll split, while both people are in sound mind and peaceful with one another. Ain't no tellin' how ya'll would handle it in the heat of a divorce.
@Mr Hate Coffee

Tell ya' homie; this ain't about insecurity, but; protecting the interest of both parties, in peace time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
im late to the party-- and only read the first post

but he needs to stay strong. not only does he lose out on the prenup-- this L will follow him forever..

call of wedding till she signs.. continue reiterating love and everything but just call off wedding to think things through

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It takes a real strong individual to leave a "good" person because they won't agree to a term that you know is very important to you in the long run. But the best way to make that discision is to learn from other people's mistake. I don't know why we always think our situation is different from the billions of people that lived life before us
any person that refuses to sign a prenup before marriage is only doing so because its in their best interest. i know that the prenup itself is done in your best interest but the issue is the prenup only allows you to keep what's yours anyway. the other person won't sign the prenup only because if the relationship fails and the marriage ends they want assess to stuff that's really not theirs.

i wouldn't call a person that refuses a prenup a good person or even a person worth marrying.

andre patton

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SoCal

this doesnt make much sense to me...simply because arent all prenups signed under duress? isnt that always the leverage one would hold over another..."if you cant agree to the prenup then we cant get married"