My fellow PRESCRIPTED glasses wearers, check in.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How long does it take? And what about the measurements?

took about a week to get my glasses, which was really quick. measurements is really a guessing thing but they provide the measurements online, and they got different face models so you can kind of tell. Basically if you got a big face get the medium to large frames.

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
took about a week to get my glasses, which was really quick. measurements is really a guessing thing but they provide the measurements online, and they got different face models so you can kind of tell. Basically if you got a big face get the medium to large frames.

Damn! I got got!...my pockets got tapped lovely. :snoop:

Rusty Kuntz

It be ya own peoples, huh?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself. fukk 12(1)!
How long does it take? And what about the measurements?
You should be able to get your measurements from your eye doctor; even though I have eye insurance, I didn't want to get my prescription sunglasses through the office. I called and asked for the prescription + measurements from my regular glasses.

I got my sunglasses through Zenni Optical for $38.00

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn! I got got!...my pockets got tapped lovely. :snoop:

yeah those glasses stores are a scam, i mean think about it, a piece of glass cost how much? A piece of plastic or metal frame cost how much? Must cost like 50 cent to produce every frame and 50 cent to produce the lenses, unless you got some special lenses or super bad eyesight.

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
yeah those glasses stores are a scam, i mean think about it, a piece of glass cost how much? A piece of plastic or metal frame cost how much? Must cost like 50 cent to produce every frame and 50 cent to produce the lenses, unless you got some special lenses or super bad eyesight.

Well...I have 2 different prescriptions cause one eye is weaker than the other, and the lens are clear transition lens, no shade/tint on them at all. This amount included the exam also. Just trying to make myself feel better after this thread.

FUPA

#LWO
Daps
Reppin
Lakers, Dodgers
i wear prescription glass currently got rayban clubmasters

2372.png

and some dior blacktie frames aswell.

Daps
Reppin
Midwest
I wear prescription glasses and contacts. With contacts I can only wear them 8 hours absolutely tops and then I feel like ripping my eyeballs out my sockets, so i usually rock the specs. Sucks being dependent on anything to be able to see, I'm getting lasik by the end of the year. Hopefully I'm a candidate because I suffer from dry eyes and i hear lasik isn't ideal if your eyes are dry.

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
I spend big bucks on prescription shades. Not so much on regular specks.

I heard transitions don't work in the car and that's when I need my glasses the most. Plus there's the whole style thing. :manny:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Extremely bad eyesight runs in my family...been wearing glasses since I was in 2nd or 3rd grade. :yeshrug:

Parents even had me with the giant nerd glasses in elementary school. :smh:

Never really messed with contacts too hard, I'm prone to dropping them. And I ALWAYS wear my glasses....my sight is so bad I can't even see my computer monitor without them, much less drive.

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just started wearing contacts, been kinda rough over the last month, but I heard it gets better?

I hope so, kinda irritable on the eyes later in the day.

Also got a pair of police glasses, but they need upgrading (4years old), that's gonna cost another 300 quid.

Thinking of maybe looking into the laser surgery, anyone got any experience with this?

I only started wearing glasses 5 years ago when I got :flabbynsick: