My Fave Disney Film...Hamilton

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
Favorite songs are It’s Quiet Uptown, and the Reynolds Pamphlet. The last legit being a bop. “He’s never going to be president now...” :wow:

I definitely think Angelica, King George and Eliza are the strongest performers in the show. I was actually kinda disappointed with Leslie Odom. I thought he was that dude, but them Nationwide commercials had me fooled. :wow:

He’s just okay.

• Dap
Reactions: HHR

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
:ohhh: i used to play Football with that big Nigerian dude in high school. He was 2 grades ahead of me. Breh didnt play SR year cuz he got hurt... his class was trash though, like a 2-8 season.:mjlol:

Dude was real quiet too. There was another white dude i balled with that went into acting too...You would've thought he blew up by now. He looked like a Hollywood star, teachers were fauning over him. Bro looked like a 30yr playing with children:russ: he was a reg in a medical show...

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
I cant get this damn song THE SCHUYLER SISTERS out of my head

Non-stop since I woke up...

...."I'm looking for a mind at work, work"

...."look around look around at how lucky we are to be alive right now"

It won't go away

I haven't stopped raving about this show since Friday
Best I've seen so far
Caught the live performance here in Toronto earlier this year
Live is :wow:

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

It won't go away

LOL, same thing happened to me first time I heard it. Song is catchy as hell

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

It won't go away

I'm not a music expert or an expect on what becomes popular, but I can't help feeling this:
If the show "Hamilton" didn't exist and if all direct references to the plot were taken out, and if it were sung by a "named" singer, I suspect that the song "Wait For It" would actually be popular enough to make a lot of money on its own.

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
Okay since nobody is shytting on this like I thought especially here on the coli. I'm gonna give it a shot. Everybody says it's the best thing ever. One thing I hate is "hype" and most of the time that's all shyt end up being. And I fukking hate musicals and Broadway shyt. But I'll give this a look this weekend and it better be good

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

I had a slightly depressing thought today, maybe I'm taking this too far but:
If COVID 19 causes us to go into a new Great Depression, then a couple of years from now people will realize that a lot of these songs have double meanings and they're not just talking about the American Revolution. Looking back from a dystopian near future, you can also say this is talking about the "Barack Obama Era" that the play was created in.

I'm not sure that we'll be living in a world that CAN create something like "Hamilton" anymore soon :mjcry:.
For all we know, people looking back from the the future might lump everything from to 2010s (Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Hamilton, etc.) together as part of some kind of "Golden Age" of performance.