My Fave Disney Film...Hamilton

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Watched it tonight finally after putting it off for a long time because I don't like getting caught up in hype.

This was exactly my immediate reaction to around the first 10-15 minutes. I was sitting there like :unimpressed: through the first few numbers. I actually paused it at one point, saw another 2 hours remaining and deep sighed before saying to my gf "I get why cacs loved this shyt now. Eminem style goofy rappity rapping with happy black people playing historical figures, so cacs can go home raving and feeling good and cool because they saw some "hip" hip hopopera love letter to america starring a diverse cast"

I was legit convinced that this was a gimmick I was already tired of and that I would hate it after the first 10-15 minutes

But man....by the time we got to Helpless, I was tapping my feet and I could feel my icy heart melting:francis:

Then we got to Satisfied and I legit hit the:wow:a few times reluctantly.....by the intermission, I was hooked by the story and the music was doing it for me...

The shyt won me over breh, I can't even lie..... I really wanted to dismiss it because it is filled with the typical shyt that I don't usually like, but I can't front that the production had me :mjcry:towards the end and that I didn't immediately go to spotify to listen to the soundtrack and that I'm not currently in my room on christmas eve singing never be satisfied
full

I don't fault anybody for not fukking with it though. I was convinced I would be in that camp...until I just wasn't.

After the beginning opening line "How does this b*stard...."
I thinking "oh boy, this is going to be a LOOONG show". I still think the opening song is probably my least favorite part of the whole thing. But the funny thing is, throughout the whole show they have Burr beating you over the head with the "How does this b*stard..." line over and over again, until you break down and think its brilliant.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
After the beginning opening line "How does this b*stard...."
I thinking "oh boy, this is going to be a LOOONG show". I still think the opening song is probably my least favorite part of the whole thing. But the funny thing is, throughout the whole show they have Burr beating you over the head with the "How does this b*stard..." line over and over again, until you break down and think its brilliant.

I admit that I wasn't too impressed at first, it wasn't until the 3rd song "My Shot" where I really got into it.

BUT...I love the opening song now. I think it at first it is just a bit of a shock to the system

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I admit that I wasn't too impressed at first, it wasn't until the 3rd song "My Shot" where I really got into it.

BUT...I love the opening song now. I think it at first it is just a bit of a shock to the system

The opening of the first song reminded me of flipping past "Jesus Christ Superstar" on TV, before quickly changing the channel.

:what:
By the time I got to "Wait For It", I was thinking this was one of the greatest things I've ever heard.

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
Just watched it for the first time last week

This is truly a piece of art brehs, im in awe of the entire production. I can't believe I slept on this for 7 years now? Jesus christ

Spectacular all around. Helpless, Satisfied, and Wait for it are incredible. All 3 king George's song are incredible. Lafayette/Jefferson is incredible. I can't say enough good things, truly amazing