My dad is most likely going to die soon

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
I lost my dad 18 days from today last year, March 23, n it left a hole in my life.

If you asked me in my teenage years, i would've thought I'd shrug when it happened, cuz me n him were oil n water.

Use to envy my cousin who just had his single mom, cuz as long as the checks came, it seemed like a blessed life.

I legit thought i loathed dude.

Then i got older, realised he didn't have all the answers but was trying to raise a man who could stand on his own two feet.

He def made mistakes, inadvertently hurt me and some things I'm still dealing with, but i realised as an imperfect creature, all he could give me was an imperfect paternal love.

I say all that just so you can remember that just like you fukked up some big moments in life, as a father it's almost required that this happens in relation to our sons.
We don't plan it, and def don't even recognize it til it's in our rearview, but it happens.

Make peace and put the anger down man.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
try and reconcile with him OP. My dad and i had some rough times but when he got cancer we put it all away and we been cool ever since. He beat the cancer and we still good. Been about 6-7 years now we been cool, and it's great

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
try and reconcile with him OP. My dad and i had some rough times but when he got cancer we put it all away and we been cool ever since. He beat the cancer and we still good. Been about 6-7 years now we been cool, and it's great
Breh that's the problem. He don't want to be cool. He talk shyt every interaction, always talking down. I'm not hoping anything bad on him. I don't want to remain his battered wife. I want that parasite bullshyt out of my life. You'd think I ruined this nikka's dreams and teen years. nikka in his 50s.

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
I lost my dad 18 days from today last year, March 23, n it left a hole in my life.

If you asked me in my teenage years, i would've thought I'd shrug when it happened, cuz me n him were oil n water.

Use to envy my cousin who just had his single mom, cuz as long as the checks came, it seemed like a blessed life.

I legit thought i loathed dude.

Then i got older, realised he didn't have all the answers but was trying to raise a man who could stand on his own two feet.

He def made mistakes, inadvertently hurt me and some things I'm still dealing with, but i realised as an imperfect creature, all he could give me was an imperfect paternal love.

I say all that just so you can remember that just like you fukked up some big moments in life, as a father it's almost required that this happens in relation to our sons.
We don't plan it, and def don't even recognize it til it's in our rearview, but it happens.

Make peace and put the anger down man.
Let me put it like this, when you help that nikka. You'd think you were begging him for help. Straight up a$$hole 24/7

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
He's been abusive since I was a teen, I hate to use that word. That's what it is, I remember at like 15 he embarrassed me so bad in front of my two cousins when he came over one day out of nowhere. They were mature enough to just act like nothing happened. I won't say what it was. I was so mad but so embarrassed I called my mom afterwards. I couldn't even tell her what it was, I just told her he embarrassed me for no good reason.

I spent my whole teenage years depressed. I am of the belief everyone could benefit by some form of therapy. Honestly being realistic shyt can get worse any moment but I just feel that verbal abuse and other reasons I was depressed. Have made me Teflon, I'm not immune to war zone PTSD. I feel like anything else won't bother me. Maybe one day but not soon.
Breh, your going have to talk to somebody.

Him dying isn't fixing any this.

Yessir_Araphat

takin money>>gettin money
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
N/S Long Beach
:mjcry: Lost my pops a couple months ago, 1/9. Worst day of my life, fukk I’d do anything jus to see him again even for a split second. I’m sorry you’re going through this uce, jus hope your good and at peace with however it plays out.

My supervisors pops passed away over the weekend. Never met him, but she says he was such an a$$hole, they’re not even doing a service for him because they really don’t think people would show up for it. They just gonna cremate him and spread his ashes in the Grand Canyon :sadcam:

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
:mjcry: Lost my pops a couple months ago, 1/9. Worst day of my life, fukk I’d do anything jus to see him again even for a split second. I’m sorry you’re going through this uce, jus hope your good and at peace with however it plays out.

My supervisors pops passed away over the weekend. Never met him, but she says he was such an a$$hole, they’re not even doing a service for him because they really don’t think people would show up for it. They just gonna cremate him and spread his ashes in the Grand Canyon :sadcam:
The fukked up shyt is I see how 180 he is with others. Friends, co workers, etc.
An hour or two ago, my mom face time him. She called me over, I show up to see him with a dumb grin on my face and he was like don't say I disrespect you I always respect you.
I just said ok, bye.
This shyt is Stockholm syndrome, the abuser dismissing his prey's feelings and thoughts.

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
Dang breh u a cold piece. Make peace with him now and u won’t carry a heavy burden as an old man (and father)
:ufdup: Listen to your boy on this
Yea Mae peace OP my niece had some shyt with my aunt .

She treated her pretty bad but they made peace before she passed .

My niece was balling at the funeral .

She felt so guilty how she treated my aunt .

@Rose Gold just get everything off your chest and make peace .

I would even pray with him honestly .

call_me_step_daddy

Real nikkaz,beat bytches
Daps
Reppin
in ya mama bed
He needs a transplant and is now on the waiting list. I don't feel bad because he was an a$$hole to me over the phone last night. Our relationship is awful, I thought after being there for him most of December and January. shyt would change.

Guess not. A miracle would be nice but I'm not that delusional. I hope no one is stupid enough to break the news to Grandma. I sure won't.

This is terrible timing, last night I decided I'm done with him. Would just keep shyt at a minimum. The Stockholm syndrome would end I thought. Gone have to see him tomorrow morning with others. Only showing up because my family won't shut the fukk up if I don't and I don't want my absence to make his health worse.

i'll take his place for you breh..how does your mother look thou? is she thick? you can tell me son, its ok, just pm me the details, aight? be safe son