My dad is most likely going to die soon

International Playa

Playa with a Passport
Daps
Reppin
NULL
OP make peace with him while his still here, for your own sanity,

My pops wasn't in my life, dude is now make calls & texts becuz his now nearing the end of his life, but all these years he wasn't around. I just stay cordial & respectful & keep it pushing

KyokushinKarateMan

Train hard, fight easy
Daps
Reppin
U.S.
My pops just passed on 12/30.. it’s not easy, and everyday is it’s own challenge. I suggest that you don’t make it worse than what it already will be. Make peace while you can. I cannot imagine what this would be like if my dad and I were on bad terms when he passed.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you associate with toxic men, you are putting your own hedonistic desires above the long term development of your children at worst or are allowing someone to finesse you at best.

Logically you can’t dispute that.

Last comment on this subject I’ll make in THIS thread though.

How do you feel about good men who associate toxic women? Are you as equally critical of them?

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Rose Gold

Sorry to hear it breh.

If he's on a list have you or the siblings sought to see if you're a match? If not, pull there card. Get tested and if you're not a match put it on them like "I got tested. What about you? Thought you loved him? :sas2:"

The bad part about this entire thing is even if youre not supporting your pops, you gotta support your siblings and other family who's hurting.

That might be a stand you have to take. Just go to the hospital or whatever and chill in the background and if they call you out be like "I'm not here for him, I'm here for you" and if they give you guff and ask you or tell you to leave, just go. You can always support them at or after the funeral.

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
You don’t get to pick your parents

Sounds like ur father probably was a miserable fucc anyways

I would look at his death as a calling to make sure you don’t end up like him and live a better life

He can’t do shyt to you anymore

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
@Rose Gold

Sorry to hear it breh.

If he's on a list have you or the siblings sought to see if you're a match? If not, pull there card. Get tested and if you're not a match put it on them like "I got tested. What about you? Thought you loved him? :sas2:"

The bad part about this entire thing is even if youre not supporting your pops, you gotta support your siblings and other family who's hurting.

That might be a stand you have to take. Just go to the hospital or whatever and chill in the background and if they call you out be like "I'm not here for him, I'm here for you" and if they give you guff and ask you or tell you to leave, just go. You can always support them at or after the funeral.
Only child breh. Yeah I stated earlier in the thread I'll go tmrw due to family members

RadaMillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, Uganda
OP, no matter how ungrateful your dad might appear try ur best to be there for him, when a person gets old or find themselves in a life or death situation, they will lash out on those who are closest to them and they hold on to those who aint doing sh!t for them for some reason.

Dreamzeedream

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He needs a transplant and is now on the waiting list. I don't feel bad because he was an a$$hole to me over the phone last night. Our relationship is awful, I thought after being there for him most of December and January. shyt would change.

Guess not. A miracle would be nice but I'm not that delusional. I hope no one is stupid enough to break the news to Grandma. I sure won't.

This is terrible timing, last night I decided I'm done with him. Would just keep shyt at a minimum. The Stockholm syndrome would end I thought. Gone have to see him tomorrow morning with others. Only showing up because my family won't shut the fukk up if I don't and I don't want my absence to make his health worse.
Make peace with him.....once he's gone that's it breh...theirs no coming back