My Cousin Is Contemplating Suicide....

YouLoveMe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Miami
I'm female and I have experience in this field since I've worked around people with mental illness and my family has a history of mental illness. All of the things you described kind of showed me that he feels helpless, I'm sure if he had access to a firearm he would've offed himself by now. He needs his loved ones more than ever now, y'all gotta be there for him, and you need to drop that knowledge you just dropped in here about sticking to your principles.

Thank you. You've been helpful.

YouLoveMe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Here's my best advice for guys who end up like my cousin. Always think of things of "It is what it is." Imagining the perfect scenario will get you disappointed. You also kind of have to imagine the worst happening and then seeing how it affects you in your mind. After a while, you'll learn to become much more calm in such situations because you've exposed yourself to it mentally over and over. That's mental conditioning.

Here goes a few more...

1) Stay out of the wrong cookie jars

Messing with your homeboy's sisters, mothers, or their girls is a no go. This should be obvious, but some still do it. You don't ever want to destroy your foundation, which is your relationship with God, your close friends and your family over dealings with women. You really don't want to destroy relationships with your ride or die partners and the quickest way to do that is to mess with their woman, even if she is throwing it at you.

2) Deal with reality, not fantasy

A lot of times we like to imagine what we THINK this girl is, especially if she is fine. You have to short circuit any images of her in your mind, especially of her being this perfect girl. Sit back and actually observe how she is. This way you won't disappoint yourself. I know we've all been disappointed when that real pretty girl turned out to be a go-getter like the rest.

3) Keep your business private

Once you lose your trust factor with a woman by telling everybody the ongoings of your relationship, it's over. Also, telling the boys all about your woman or a woman you're dealing with is going to do nothing but have them fixated on your girl.

4) The women you choose NOT to deal with is just as important as the women you DO deal with.

You'll save a LOT of drama in your life if you take the time to just get to know about the woman you are dealing with. You don't want to deal with clingy women, women who might hurt herself if you don't deal with her and all that crazy stuff. Quality, not quantity.

5) Avoid dealing with women with no friends

I can understand why women avoid men that make them his world. It is VERY annoying when someone doesn't have a life outside of you and they hyperanalyze your every move and never want to let you breath. Balanced women are the best... ones that handle their responsibilities, have a life, but always make time for you.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Knew a guy who was only 17 that hung himself over a girl. She had aborted his child and left him for a woman. His mother pulled into the drive-way after church and saw him hanging from his basketball hoop. Sad thing is she'd be so far removed from his mind at this point he'd struggle to remember why he even sweated her. Hope you guys can get your cousin to see that although it hurts now, he will get over it in due time. It's not worth it.

YouLoveMe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Knew a guy who was only 17 that hung himself over a girl. She had aborted his child and left him for a woman. His mother pulled into the drive-way after church and saw him hanging from his basketball hoop. Sad thing is she'd be so far removed from his mind at this point he'd struggle to remember why he even sweated her. Hope you guys can get your cousin to see that although it hurts now, he will get over it in due time. It's not worth it.

Were trying man. Thanks for the advice.

LWO!! Lakers in 5!!

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Life is full of rejection and shyt like this happens on an hourly basis. Yeah 0it hurts but the world hasnt ended/you arent crippled for life so its all gravy. It aint that serious; he should check out the gf/dating scene if you have a weak heart or he really should just kill himself. :yeshrug: I can only imagine how this guy is gonna react when real problems hit him later on in life; he's gonna fold like D Rose. This shyt is just the tip of the iceberg and duke's heart clearly cant handle the pressure.