My coding journey..

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
After 18 days, I’ve pretty much mastered HTML and CSS, I’ve been leaning JavaScript since Sunday.

On thing I’ve learned so far is..

1. You don’t have to memorize ever code and every tag. It didn’t hit me until about a week ago. As long as you know how everything works and the core fundamentals, you can easily find other code and use it. I think that’s what most web developers do anyway.

2. The first thing I changed is how I learned. For example, the most basic fundamental that I started and should’ve grasped first is how CSS connects to HTML and how JavaScript connects to both. Next is the basic fundamentals and rules.

3. The way I’m teaching myself is by going to w3schools.com, and just go down the list. Type in the examples so I can actually see shyt working. Understand the basic foundation and why it works the way it does. Then I use ChatGTP to generate example code, put it in, and look at the different parts of the code then learn how it works. I also use google to look up words and terms I’m not familiar with. Then I will go to YouTube and pull up a tutorial. That way, when I’m watching, I can actually follow along faster.

4. I’ve also been going over other items that I will need to learn like Node.JS, React.JS, Bootstrap, Figma, Angular.JS.

5. I want to complete 4 projects by December. One of them is going to be for a friend who has a cleaning business with a website. Their site is basic tho and if I can upgraded and have a live working site to put out it will enhance my portfolio.

6. I want to apply for front end gigs, with full stack skills on my resume to try and stand out more.

7. By the time I’m ready to start applying I will start tackling Python, and then Swift.

8. I’m basically studying and coding 7-8 hours a day now 7 days a week. And it still has my attention and I have a real interest so I guess I’m Sticking with it. The first 2 weeks were probably the hardest.

I would also recommend to anyone looking to get into JavaScript to learn HTML and CSS first. I’ve heard you don’t have to, but that makes no sense to me.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin

Come on now. HTML is super simple.

CSS, is easy too once you get the structure down. You add it 3 ways. In-line, internal and external. Then I learned external is better (i guess). Then I was like “do I create an individual .css for every page?”. At the end of the day, as long as it’s not cluttered and the next person can understand it that’s all that matters.

Then when o built my first demo page I wanted a nav bar. So I watched videos until I found the one I wanted, watched it and typed in the code. Then I would change attributes to fit want I wanted.

As far as everything else like, let’s say I want I side nav bar, they pops out. I’ll just go on TikTok or YouTube or Google and just use what they made and change the code to fit what I want. :manny:

JavaScript is another animal, but I’m starting to get the basics.

At the end of the day, my goal is to go to a webpage, view the source code and understand what im looking at. I feel like I’ve got that with HTML and CSS.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
As a one time web dev I'm honestly not sure there was a real purpose to learning basic HTML and CSS. Javascript, JQuery, and frameworks like Bootstrap and Bulma pretty much negates basic HTML and CSS. But I guess maybe it is good to know the very basics.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
As a one time web dev I'm honestly not sure there was a real purpose to learning basic HTML and CSS. Javascript, JQuery, and frameworks like Bootstrap and Bulma pretty much negates basic HTML and CSS. But I guess maybe it is good to know the very basics.
Momentum. And it see if this is something that would interest me to begin with. And I’m teaching myself so I’m also developing learning habits.

Daps

Gotta have the foundation, breh.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Come on now. HTML is super simple.

CSS, is easy too once you get the structure down.
Then when o built my first demo page I wanted a nav bar. So I watched videos until I found the one I wanted, watched it and typed in the code. Then I would change attributes to fit want I wanted.

As far as everything else like, let’s say I want I side nav bar, they pops out. I’ll just go on TikTok or YouTube or Google and just use what they made and change the code to fit what I want. :manny:

If they're that easy, then you wouldn't need to go to youtube and such to do a navbar.

But I'm glad you're familiar enough with them to manipulate the code.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
If they're that easy, then you wouldn't need to go to youtube and such to do a navbar.

But I'm glad you're familiar enough with them to manipulate the code.

Um, a simple nav bar is easy. But there are various types. And I mainly go to YouTube just to mimic what they’re doing just to get use to typing.

And finally. I go to YouTube to confirm what I know. If I can watch a random video and understand everything without having to pause or look shyt up then I know I can move on.

For the most part based on what I know, web programmers use templates of pieces of other code that they find and simply tweak it.

TheAnointedOne

Superstar
Daps
Code:
use std::sync::mpsc::channel ;
fn main() {        

let (tx, rx) = channel() ;

thread::spawn( move|| {

let a = "You're gay!".to_string() ;

for i in a.chars() {
            tx.send(i).unwrap() ;
        }

}) ;    

for _ in 0..100 {
        match rx.recv() {
            Ok(t) => println!( "{t}" ),
            _ => break
        }        
    }
}

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
First project done. Simple. No graphics, just html and css. I did get some js code to complete what I was trying to do tho :manny:

I’ve already begun my JavaScript learning and it’s a LOT. But I should get it down by the end of next month.

I also downloaded and learned how to use Git. I also created a GitHub account.

So I’m teaching myself JS while also doing refreshers on CSS.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
I was coding as a hobby about a year ago, but I stopped to focus on school

This thread is inspiring me to jump back in the game

I went to school for coding back in…. 2002. And I quit after 7 months. :snoop:

Didn’t realize at the time it would be a booming career path.

But I’ve always been a techie indirectly. I want to build/invent shyt. And have more freedom when it comes to working.

I did the management shyt for over a decade and it’s not in me no more.