Votes: 46 40.4%

• Total voters

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Fix our economic viability and you’ll fix the killings. And of course, none of that can happen unless everything else that we need fixing happens too :francis:

Talk about that a little bit...

I don't know if the economic aspect is a primary cause because 99% of us that grew up in dire circumstances didn't decided to murder each other.

What's the "everything else" you mentioned, though...cause there's probably some good insight there if you expound a bit...

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Of course, and those other things on the list are not an issue. If we were more likely to die from accidents or something this wouldn't be news. But it's not. It's violence. shyt is not normal or expected.

You have to survive the most common cause of death for 44 years before heart disease is the most common cause of death. Not saying it's a bridge to cross when you get there but there's clearly a more pressing concern.

:francis:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Looking at that list, i'm more concerned about cancer and heart disease.
Of course murder and accidents are the leading cause of death for young people. Generally thats the only way a healthy young person does die. They not gonna get sick unless it's some type of flint situation.

Health is wealth. That's definitely the 2nd priority. My wife and kids will be in shape, I'm not tolerating sloppy obesity. Remember I was in my whip with ole girl who was already one cheese burger away she talm bout "I feel like eating unhealthy." Said to myself, yeah you always feel that way.:mjlol:

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A total paradigm shift starting from the absolute foundation level and then upward. Grounded in order, morals, unity, autonomy, etc. Branching away from cac influence and dominance and being left to our own devices to figure it out (we had the opportunity before integration happened).

We were supposed to have these understandings and teachings passed down to us by forefathers, but unfortunately we were cut off from them and here we are today.

And this is going to be a problem and I wish black people would take notice. White people refuse to let us run our own programs independently. They feel that must be involved. I believe its because they want to make sure we don't fix ourselves because they really want to see out dilution as a people.

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
Deuteronomy 28:54

So that the man that is tender among you, and very delicate, his eye shall be evil toward his brother, and toward the wife of his bosom, and toward the remnant of his children which he shall leave

I realize most cats on this site laugh at scriptures, but:yeshrug:

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)
Looking at that list, i'm more concerned about cancer and heart disease.
Of course murder and accidents are the leading cause of death for young people. Generally thats the only way a healthy young person does die. They not gonna get sick unless it's some type of flint situation.

You can chew gum and walk at the same time. Having homicides (most of the time non-justifiable murders) be the LEADING cause of your young men essentially future leaders of the communities is quite worrisome.

The hopeful thing is that culture is malleable and fluid and can change over time. When people point to culture, one of the reasons why some get offended is because they think culture is intrinsic or biological (when it is not). It literally changes over time. A sports analogy is the reference of culture of winning or losing. These things are transient and never permanent.

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Gotta invest time into the youth. And show them positive masculine role models in their formative years.

Men who want to help should link up with 100 Black Men of America or even the Boy Scouts and get a Black troop popping.

A lot of this was done through the church when people still attended…

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
If you don't understand what i'm saying look at the numbers for pacific islanders. A large percentage of their people under 19 are dying from cancer. That tells you there is some sort of health crisis going on in their community. A young persons body should not fail that regularly from disease. I get it you are trying to use the statistics here to draw conclusions about violence in the community. but just saying it's leading cause of death without any other context isn't really a good way to make that point. The statistics for white people is exactly the same.
A 20 year generally is not going to die at all (or at least shouldn't), unless there is an accident or violence,

Cereal_Bowl_Assassin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Focus on yourself....honestly....imo we are too broken of a people to depend on community. Just look at our history in this country, we build and then it gets destroyed by racist whites or sell outs.

People place wayyy too much faith in us as a community and I get it...I really do because im all about family and unity but when you put all the pressure on yourself you have no choice but to succeed or fail...

Improve yourself and then you can improve others

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
You can chew gum and walk at the same time. Having homicides (most of the time non-justifiable murders) be the LEADING cause of your young men essentially future leaders of the communities is quite worrisome
Homicides and Accidents are the leading cause for all young people because generally they are healthy and don't die from disease.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
"nikkas" die everyday B
"nikkas" ain't shyt
What does a "nikka" look like valuing another "nikka's" life?
"nikkas" have been murdered for centuries now

Such a simple mindshift with reverberating effects, right in front of us but brehs don't wanna accept it :wow: :mjcry: