• No

Votes: 46 40.4%

• Total voters

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yup, street culture needs to die, its the root of it all no matter what a black person’s socioeconomic status is. It’s cancer spreading to everyone
The elephant in the room with this is black people's overall fear of violence so as not to look like the savages racism portrays us as

Look at our relationship with violence. How many of you with kids can say you've taught your child how to fight and/or use guns? A lot of black men avoid teaching their kids any of this then wanna be upset when their first intro to violence is from their hood or rappers

There's a pride, confidence and discipline that comes with being skilled in violence. Look at any person that learns guns and a martial art at a young age.

In our community that pride and confidence comes simply from being violent. Kids look up to shooters and rappers because they give off the appearance of confidence. If you didn't learn how to throw hands or shoot from your father a rapper looks like a superhero. And humans are ALWAYS looking for superheroes.

This is why the rapper is idolized in black communities regardless of where they live. This is why the suburbs have been turning up. Because a lot of y'all think raising your kid in a big house is enough to keep them grounded. Meanwhile you ain't taught them anything

People always default to blaming hip hop for surface reasons but never want to get into the why of any of it, because when you get deep enough you may have to acknowledge your hand in shyt being fukked up. And if parents hate anything, it's accountability for their failures

A lot of you may not want to acknowledge that your kids don't respect you as much as the rappers that have given them a sense of manhood that fills a space that you never did. Until we start addressing shyt in those deeper levels nothing will change

Last edited:

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
The sad thing is how it’s become so normal to us. There’s always been violence in my city but they doing shyt at places and times they never would have in the past. There’s been two shootings less than a half mile from my house just in the past week. Both at different shopping centers while the sun was still up. shyt is crazy. But the shyt has become so normal that I actually have more fear of some white supremacist coming thru randomly shooting up some place I’m at when the odds of that happening are way less
:francis:
I know some Dominicans and Africans who grew up in the Bronx who told me that they moved here in Queens to get away from all of the violence and put their little kids in better schools.

They were telling me how people are getting shot in broad daylight at festivals and family gatherings with zero F's being given and that the whole borough is a war zone.

I think the ultimate solution is restoring the nuclear family but we have to think fast because many Black heavy areas in the U.S. are rivaling Latin America and South Africa when it comes to gun violence and homicide. I just visited a funeral service of a 22 year old who got killed today and they still haven't found the suspect.

Whatever the solution may be, we can't keep acting like ostriches when it comes to light.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Well that is disturbing I remember it use to be 27 and at 28 I honestly felt a little safer. Going up to 44 means I am still in the bubble

:francis:

Daps
Pride and testosterone.....

Too many brehs get in a situation where they COULD walk away, but our pride and hormones keep us from backing down from a confrontation. Some shyt is not worth it. De-escalate. It's OK to look soft and keep it moving instead of playing that young man's game of chicken.