• Yes

Votes: 68 59.6%
  • No

Votes: 46 40.4%

• Total voters

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
What after school program is gonna keep 18-44 year old brothers from killing each other?

Agreed.

But what do you think the root cause is?
You have to start very early. Like the moment kids can speak and count. I mentioned in my previous post that we have to remove kids from toxic environments as early as possible and be willing to be parents to children who have parents who are irresponsible and/or ill equipped to be parents.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
You have to start very early. Like the moment kids can speak and count. I mentioned in my previous post that we have to remove kids from toxic environments as early as possible and be willing to be parents to children who have parents who are irresponsible and/or ill equipped to be parents.
I don’t disagree.

But what you’re speaking on points more to the breakdown of the Black family than the lack of after school programs.

Family and community are something we can control on our own. Government programs should just be the cherry on top, not the life line the holds our society together.

ObsidianDev

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OH
As others have noted, a dramatic shift in CULTURE is the only thing that will save us in the long run.

For all the hate that they receive, there's one ethno-religious group in particular whose success in the finance, law, science, education, real estate, and entertainment sectors of the world comes solely because their culture places a huge emphasis on working with each other and being hyper involved in their children's lives at an early age in regards to studies. :sas2:

They know how the majority of the world views them, so they ban together to uplift one another in all sectors of life. Other non-Black ethnic groups do this as well to a lesser extent.

The answer is right in front of us, but many brehs prefer to run with the same conspiracy theories peddled by white nationalists.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
This is all the result of black men and women glamorizing "street life". I've said this before. I grew up in a black middle class section of Brooklyn (Flatlands-Canarsie-East Flatbush area) yet there were still gangs, shootings, people trapping, etc despite their parents being MTA workers and mothers being nurses. They did it because at the end of the day to many black people that's what makes you "real" and "not lame". A large portion of black men spend the first roughly 35 years of their life trying to fit an image just to run into the wrong one and get put in the ground or end up in prison. Actually bringing light to this phenomenon means you're a c00n and a "square" so ima just end this rant here :hubie:.

Tldr; nikkas lost
Yup, street culture needs to die, its the root of it all no matter what a black person’s socioeconomic status is. It’s cancer spreading to everyone

GooPunch

Pro
Daps
I think we need to process the data more than just the raw percentages from FBI statistics.

Where are these murderers from (State/City/etc)? What are their socioeconomic backgrounds? Education levels? Access to weapons? The data needs to be processed more to start finding the higher correlating factors. Simply asserting its culture has little actionable value.

Another thing we need to talk about is suicidal behavior. Take a person with nothing to lose and put them in poor and violent neighborhoods and the likelihood that they engage in self-destructive behavior increases. I got this idea from a black psychologist on podcast speaking about this specific issue. She said that most of these kids that are out here running and gunning simply have nothing to lose and are in environments that encourage this behavior.

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
The only way to fix this type of issue is to repair the hopelessness that many face if you fight a war on poverty that alone will improve this issue.