Multiversus now at 20 million players in less than a month

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I seriously don't see how someone can find MultiVersus more "fun" than freaking Smash bros lol. Like the shyt is basic as hell. Gameplay wise I don't give a shyt what some nerd online says, the gameplay in Multiversus is not as satisfying as Smash simply due to the way it feels. It lacks that "oomph".

Once again out the gate you can do MORE with the basic mechanics, move sets and movement of MVS compared to smash.

If you are a true smash "nerd" and you know drifting, z cancelling and the myriads of other tech discovered over the years and use it then I can understand fully you not liking MVS as much as smash from a gameplay point.

However not one person in here has demonstrated that to me infact most of the criticism is lack of polish and "oomph".

When truthfully the game is polished pretty well for a free to play and the lack of oomph is just how hitstun is handled.

Saying a game isn't polished as a 1st party Nintendo game is a crazy comparison in itself. Nintendo is known for its polish and smash ultimate is one of there most polished games of all time with incredible detail to everything.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Once again out the gate you can do MORE with the basic mechanics, move sets and movement of MVS compared to smash.

If you are a true smash "nerd" and you know drifting, z cancelling and the myriads of other tech discovered over the years and use it then I can understand fully you not liking MVS as much as smash from a gameplay point.

However not one person in here has demonstrated that to me infact most of the criticism is lack of polish and "oomph".

When truthfully the game is polished pretty well for a free to play and the lack of oomph is just how hitstun is handled.

Saying a game isn't polished as a 1st party Nintendo game is a crazy comparison in itself. Nintendo is known for its polish and smash ultimate is one of there most polished games of all time with incredible detail to everything.
Idk why you keep bringing up tech. That's not my point of contention. I'm saying the premature comments like this game is “way better” and more “fun” than Smash like Smash is some lil nikka is weird.

I put it in for you, I spin for you
Whatever you with, I'm with it
How you gon' cross a nikka that was rockin' with you?
I got you lit in the city

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I need Tony Soprano or Furio Guinta in it asap
EquatorialAnyJackal-size_restricted.gif

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Idk why you keep bringing up tech. That's not my point of contention. I'm saying the premature comments like this game is “way better” and more “fun” than Smash like Smash is some lil nikka is weird.

I put it in for you, I spin for you
Whatever you with, I'm with it
How you gon' cross a nikka that was rockin' with you?
I got you lit in the city

If you talking about game play and not tech then fun factor is completely subjective.

And usually the game that is easier to pick up and play is more fun for to the masses than one that that isn't.

I love smash and it is a better game as a whole then MVS by far... But gameplay wise which has been my whole point the whole time it's greater than smash at the base level which most people play fighters at.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
It's got Batman and Lebron and it's free.

I'm not that shocked. I just don't think it'll stick around, I despise the controls on it

You can map controls to whatever you want in the settings

In regard to the rest of the thread, Smash will always be the GOAT but let’s be real, how active do we expect the game to be moving forward? Online was already weak 4 years ago and not getting better, no more new characters, and Nintendo doesn’t support the competitive scene like that. Plus it’s tied to one platform, albeit a high selling one

Smash won’t be super relevant again until we get a reboot which will likely be in the distant future. MVS is already at 20 million players across PC/Xbox/PlayStation, is already an evo event, is making crazy F2G money without even having a full store yet, and Warner Bros is clearly using the game to cross-promote other upcoming movies and shows. As long as they stay the course and keep investing into the game, it’s not unrealistic that this will be the biggest platform fighter within the next couple years. It’s already a strong No. 2 and easily the hottest right now. Nobody was ever checking for Nickelodeon, PS All Stars, Brawhalla, Rivals of Aether, etc like they have for MVS

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Damn Steam is only showing 553 people in game right now. I'm not gonna lie I ain't touched that shyt since August

Yeah, its odd i haven’t heard that much about them dropping new players or stages or modes….wonder if this is the end

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Game got bland really fast. No amount of "This fighting game nerd is cosigning it" quips would change that. I played it and felt like this game wouldn't really be relevant after at least 3~4 months. Say what you want about Smash, but that game was and still is being played to this day.

Yeah, smash is king. This game just doesn’t compare mechanically. The dream for a multiplatform smash bros with good online functionality is dead