Multiversus now at 20 million players in less than a month

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
I think a lot of people look at this from the lens of Smash Bros and immediately write it off because it isn’t a 1:1 gameplay clone with WB skins

The aerial movement, recovery, and how some of the attacks work is a lot different than Smash. If you are playing the game exactly like smash, it will feel “off”. Yes the fundamentals are somewhat the same but they are different games. I think people would enjoy it a lot more if they come into it with a fresh mindset and look to understand the mechanics before immediately comparing every detail to another game

I got 700+ hours on Smash and just hit over 500 matches in multiversus. It’s a damn good game that’s only gonna get better over time :manny:
Ok that’s fair, I’ll give it a shot later on

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
one thing though
Ben 10 I understand why they're taking their time with him but he's got to be in this

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
Smash mechanics are the finest tempered steel that have been forged in the fire for over 5 games, 20 years in the making, the hits feel impactful, the characters feel balanced, the move sets feel true to the source material for the characters (versus some of the multversus characters that just feel like they have some random move sets tacked onto them), the weighty-ness of smash is superior, throws, wave dashes, etc. all feel fine tuned.

Multiversus has a ways to go before they have a character that feels like donkey kong and a character that plays like ness that feel equally as balanced.

I am rooting for it though because its the best ‘smash clone’ released so far with the most potential
Perfectly said, it doesn’t feel weighted or balanced

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
:laff:

Any animaniacs in this shyt? Slappy Squirrel?
leaked list
Here are the ‘confirmed’ characters according to hugeleakeractually:

• Joker - DC
  • Raven - DC
  • Gizmo - Gremlins
  • Marvin the Martian - Looney Tunes
  • LeBron James - NBA
  • Rick - Rick and Morty
  • Morty - Rick and Morty
  • Scooby-Doo - Scooby-Doo
  • Daenerys - Game of Thrones
  • The Hound - Game of Thrones
  • Wicked Witch - The Wizard of Oz
  • Godzilla – Godzilla
  • Johnny Bravo - Johnny Bravo
  • Fred Flintstone - The Flintstones
The Reddit user has said that the below characters are ‘very likely’ to be added:

• Samurai Jack - Samurai Jack
  • The Powerpuff Girls - Powerpuff Girls (all one fighter)
  • The Animaniacs - The Animaniacs (also all one fighter)
  • Duck Dodgers/Daffy - Looney Tunes
  • Scorpion - Mortal Kombat
  • Ben 10 - Ben 10
  • Ted Lasso - Ted Lasso