Multiversus now at 20 million players in less than a month

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
To much “sign into your account” FTP bullshyt.

Game was ok but annoying to play. Wish there was a version you could just buy and play without all the extra nonsense:smh:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Smash mechanics are the finest tempered steel that have been forged in the fire for over 5 games, 20 years in the making, the hits feel impactful, the characters feel balanced, the move sets feel true to the source material for the characters (versus some of the multversus characters that just feel like they have some random move sets tacked onto them), the weighty-ness of smash is superior, throws, wave dashes, etc. all feel fine tuned.

Multiversus has a ways to go before they have a character that feels like donkey kong and a character that plays like ness that feel equally as balanced.

I am rooting for it though because its the best ‘smash clone’ released so far with the most potential

This is a false equivalency. Smash and MVS are only similar in the fact they are platform fighters and how health works. Everything else is pretty different.

I'll put it like this, it's like comparing marvel vs Capcom 1 to all vs games after it. All the vs games lead up to mvc1.

Then you play mvc2 and all the characters are light on there feet, things are streamlined buttons are combined, normals are gone etc etc.

Wave dashing, throws and things like that aren't even in MVS... (Not in the traditional sense.

Also 90 percent of the player base in smash ain't using the tech thats in the game correctly if at all.

I won't even get into balance...

:heh:

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
Morty looking like he might fit that Samus mold .

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I played for the first time today
This is nowhere near as good as smash
Too floaty and the hits don't have any real oomph behind them

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I played for the first time today
This is nowhere near as good as smash
Too floaty and the hits don't have any real oomph behind them

That’s how I felt at first too. You just gotta spend more time with it. The fact that it’s free and cross play, meaning I can play with my brothers and nephews, is enough to keep me giving it a try

SupaHotIce

All Star
Daps
I don't know if it's better than smash mechanically because I've probably played a total of 3 hours of the series in my lifetime, but it's way more fun

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
This game has the potential to be absolutely insane in a few years with one of the greatest rosters a game has ever seen.

I still don't think a lot of people even understand how deep they can go with who they can include in this game. The have a loaded amount of IP's, but studios and companies are not "above" bringing in their guys if a another IP is blowing up.

If they get some Disney characters on board, that opens up a whole new lane. I wouldn't be surprised with Nintendo being done with the Smash if they don't throw some of their guys on this game as well. Multiversus has been nothing but respectful to Nintendo and mentioning Smash's influence.

Tony Huynh simply "gets it" too. As long as that guy and Sheloman Byrd stays directing the ship, it should be fine.

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't know if it's better than smash mechanically because I've probably played a total of 3 hours of the series in my lifetime, but it's way more fun
This is the vast majority of people. Even though they coming in here saying it sucks mechanically.

I'm pretty knowledge on smash more so than the average player and person and I still don't feel comfortable saying that.

I also recognize They games or as different as mortal Kombat and street fighter so there's that