MS' Next Acquisition May Be Bigger Than Bethesda

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
From what I found Zenimax was just under a bill too.

They were at 1.2 billion 2 years ago. You take that bag from MS. I ain't mad at all. Owners of Zenimax won esp being private. :yeshrug:

the only "concern" is that if they were "only" generating a half a billion in revenue annually (at least last year), recouping that 7.5 billion from Zenimax's studios gonna be interesting. And that's just the price they paid. Turning a profit is whole nother story. Definitely a long term acquistion.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
Bethesda, no. Even their parent company wasn't. Estimates had Zenimax being worth 1.2 billion 2 years ago. They got 6x that amount from Microsoft.

Question is whose franchises are worth it. I don't know.
i know, theyre not. im still tripping off the yen thing tho. i was loud as shyt just then

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
i know, theyre not. im still tripping off the yen thing tho. i was loud as shyt just then

The owners of Zenimax hit a lick no doubt.

Recouping the costs of what they paid is one thing, turning a profit on what you paid is a whole nother ballgame. But it was a long term acquistion.

How much could Capcom realistically get though? Their current financial records for last year had them making almost 500 million in profit (just revenue - operating expenses). That's a nice lick to have every year.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
The owners of Zenimax hit a lick no doubt.

Recouping the costs of what they paid is one thing, turning a profit on what you paid is a whole nother ballgame. But it was a long term acquistion.

How much could Capcom realistically get though? Their current financial records for last year had them making almost 500 million in profit (just revenue - operating expenses). That's a nice lick to have every year.
i dont know, but going waaay back to my first post. i guessed them mainly because it seems stories been popping up about MS trying to buy capcom for years, plus the recent rumor about "buying a japanese company"

really a broad stroke of a guess

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
i dont know, but going waaay back to my first post. i guessed them mainly because it seems stories been popping up about MS trying to buy capcom for years, plus the recent rumor about "buying a japanese compnay"

Yeah, I don't think it would be capcom because I'd def want more than Zenimax got.

Squeenix did 2.4 billion in revenue last year though and has a market cap worth of 8 billion.

What other major Japanese studios are there other than Squeenix, Sega, and Capcom that are worth a damn?

Atlus?
Namco Bandai?
Platinum :patrice:

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
Yeah, I don't think it would be capcom because I'd def want more than Zenimax got.

Squeenix did 2.4 billion in revenue last year though and has a market cap worth of 8 billion.

What other major Japanese studios are there other than Squeenix, Sega, and Capcom that are worth a damn?

Atlus?
Namco Bandai?
Platinum :patrice:
konami, from, koei...

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
you dont understand breh...zenimax was just purchased for less than half of capcom's operating budget. thats 8 studios and bethesda is just one.

popularity and game sales, they made the money in the 90's (which supports my argument btw), arcades are played out...whatever...dude said if i think capcom is bigger than bethesda.
which it absolutely is
Capcoms networth is less than what Zenimax got :dead:

microsoft could probably write Capcom a $2 billion check today and theyd take it :ld:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Capcom revenue last year was a little under a billion. Of course Capcom is worth like 6 billion so there goes that :skip:

Zenimax revenue was estimated at half of that last year and they got 7.5 billion from MS. :whew:
From what I found Zenimax was just under a bill too.
Zenimax didnt release any big title (unless you count Rage 2) in 2019. It was all from elder scrolls online and previous years Fallout sales.

capcom released multiple titles from Devil May Cry to Resident Evil last year and barely did better.

Elder Scrolls 6 will obviously outsell anything Capcom will ever put out again, why is this even a discussion?

the last street fighter sold like 3 million copies, Elder Scrolls 6 will sell like 30 million copies over its life span.

what a weird debate.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Zenimax didnt release any big title (unless you count Rage 2) in 2019. It was all from elder scrolls online and previous years Fallout sales.

capcom released multiple titles from Devil May Cry to Resident Evil last year and barely did better.

Elder Scrolls 6 will obviously outsell anything Capcom will ever put out again, why is this even a discussion?

the last street fighter sold like 3 million copies, Elder Scrolls 6 will sell like 30 million copies over its life span.

what a weird debate.

Capcom did 900 million in revenue last year, Zenimax did a little over 500 mill tho.

ES6 will sell like flames, but it's not 30 million sold at 50/60 bucks either and that was over 7 years too. Capcom money is more consistent. Zenimax was worth over a billion and got 7.5 from MS. Capcom is generating almost double the revenue Zenimax has over the last couple of years. They are worth way more than than the 7.5 billion Zenimax got if that's the case.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's odd y'all debating how big Capcom is.

If Microsoft bought Capcom the game would change so dramatically that almost all gamers would literally HAVE to buy an Xbox or game pass at some.

Capcom hits all genre marks, and although they are in debt. RE and MH have them sitting pretty if they continue to make the right moves going forward.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's odd y'all debating how big Capcom is.

If Microsoft bought Capcom the game would change so dramatically that almost all gamers would literally HAVE to buy an Xbox or game pass at some.

Capcom hits all genre marks, and although they are in debt. RE and MH have them sitting pretty if they continue to make the right moves going forward.
You want this to happen so damn bad :laff:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You want this to happen so damn bad :laff:

What makes you say that? That's the topic going back and forth the last couple pages. Capcom vs Bethesda who's bigger and will they get purchased.

I'm actually indifferent towards a Capcom aquire if not a bit against it, I'm more in line with Sega.

I feel like some of the cool cross over Capcom gets away with would be a bit more of a hassle of the parent company was now Microsoft.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
From is owned by a another publicly traded company. Doubt that is it.

The private companies are the the ones to watch. Don't really see any private joints in Japan.
Once upon a time, somebody on the internet says something. And then 1 million lemmings start repeating it as fact.:facepalm:

Microsoft buys publicly traded companies ALL THE TIME and averages around 10 acquisitions a year

List of mergers and acquisitions by Microsoft - Wikipedia

The only reason you guys have taken this stance is because you don't want them to buy a studio you love. Don't start making shyt up tho bruh, this is not a good look :picard: