MS' Next Acquisition May Be Bigger Than Bethesda

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How does this make sense :dahell:

Capcom has multiple offices and buildings world wide, from Taiwan, France, Hong Kong, U.S., U.K, Tokyo, and Germany and there headquarters is in Osaka. Lots of those have multiple sites.

Bethesda has multiple offices all in the US.

Also popularity wise capcom is way more popular.

If you say Megaman, or chun li most people are going to have an idea who that is.... I mean rappers still reference street fighter and capcom characters to this very day. Capcom is a much "bigger phenomena" Than Doom guy or pip boy.

Capcom has a bunch of debit if I recall.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
They are not in 2020

Capcom may have made more money in the past, but today. Bethesda games are more popular and make more money easily. There’s a reason Capcom looks for these “exclusive” deals to fund their games.

bethesda software titles are very popular for home consoles and personal computers. more popular today than street fighter software, without a doubt...
but capcom has a half million street fighter cabinets in arcades worldwide, not to mention their cabinets for their other franchises.

street fighter is at 12 billion revenue as of this year, not to mention revenue from their other franchises. today.

capcom has operations in 4 or 5 countries, today...their operating margin alone, today, is a higher dollar value than 2 zenimax's. how many bethesdas is that?

it was said here that its not even close and thats the only thing i agree with

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
bethesda software titles are very popular for home consoles and personal computers. more popular today than street fighter software, without a doubt...
but capcom has a half million street fighter cabinets in arcades worldwide, not to mention their cabinets for their other franchises.
Arcade cabinets? :dahell:

Don’t nobody go to the arcade no more breh. Them dusty machines ain’t doing nothing

street fighter is at 12 billion revenue as of this year, not to mention revenue from their other franchises. today.
And probably 10 of those were made in the 90s

capcom has operations in 4 or 5 countries, today...their operating margin alone, today, is a higher dollar value than 2 zenimax's. how many bethesdas is that?

Zenimax has operations in plenty of countries and they’ve made a lot more money than capcom over the last decade.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
Arcade cabinets? :dahell:

Don’t nobody go to the arcade no more breh. Them dusty machines ain’t doing nothing

And probably 10 of those were made in the 90s

Zenimax has operations in plenty of countries and they’ve made a lot more money than capcom over the last decade.
you dont understand breh...zenimax was just purchased for less than half of capcom's operating budget. thats 8 studios and bethesda is just one.

popularity and game sales, they made the money in the 90's (which supports my argument btw), arcades are played out...whatever...dude said if i think capcom is bigger than bethesda.
which it absolutely is

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Not quite fam. They did like 950 million in sales last year.

12 billion in revenue is almost what the Xbox Division at MS did last year. No publisher is pulling in that kind of game revenue.

Now, the Nintendos, Sonys, and MS's of the world are.

Nintendo did 12.5 billion last year in revenue
Xbox did like 11 billion
Sony 19 billion

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
you dont understand breh...zenimax was just purchased for less than half of capcom's operating budget. thats 8 studios and bethesda is just one.
Where are you getting that number from.

popularity and game sales, they made the money in the 90's (which supports my argument btw), arcades are played out...whatever...dude said if i think capcom is bigger than bethesda.
which it absolutely is
Well obviously we are talking about currently. In 2020 capcom is not bigger. Elder scrolls online itself pulls at least a million users per day.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap

Well obviously we are talking about currently. In 2020 capcom is not bigger. Elder scrolls online itself pulls at least a million users per day.
on the right
Capcom - Wikipedia

again with the individual content sales, subscriptions...it doesnt matter. is bethesda a bigger compnay than capcom?

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Capcom revenue last year was a little under a billion. Of course Capcom is worth like 6 billion so there goes that :skip:

Zenimax revenue was estimated at half of that last year and they got 7.5 billion from MS. :whew:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
on the right
Capcom - Wikipedia

again with the individual content sales, subscriptions...it doesnt matter. is bethesda a bigger compnay than capcom?

Bethesda, no. Even their parent company wasn't. Estimates had Zenimax being worth 1.2 billion 2 years ago. They got 6x that amount from Microsoft.

Question is whose franchises are worth it. I don't know.