MS Is Interested In Buying WB Games

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yeah, this purchase would be dumb as shyt. $4 billion is the type of money you pay to get studios with IP. They'd just be buying the studios.

So, knowing how ridiculous AT&T is being about all this, they're going to turn around and then try to hit Microsoft hard for licensing the IP for shyt the studios are known for. Imagine buying Netherrealm, then having to drop more money for them to be able to work on Mortal Kombat :dead:

All that aside, all those studios flat out aren't worth $4 billion.

you get MK with the deal, but that's the only IP you get.

The licenses are more valuable long term to AT&T. They trying to double dip. Sell the studios and then get people to pay them to use the license characters.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you get MK with the deal, but that's the only IP you get.

The licenses are more valuable long term to AT&T. They trying to double dip. Sell the studios and then get people to pay them to use the license characters.

Alright, so it's basically $4 billion for Mortal Kombat, and studios that are almost all coming off of critical low points, and mostly known for making games of IP they won't have access to without AT&T hitting MS twice for licensing. Oh, and the studio that makes the Lego games.

I mean, I'm not one to tell someone how to run their business, but this seems like a shytty deal for the price tag.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Alright, so it's basically $4 billion for Mortal Kombat, and studios that are almost all coming off of critical low points, and mostly known for making games of IP they won't have access to without AT&T hitting MS twice for licensing. Oh, and the studio that makes the Lego games.

I mean, I'm not one to tell someone how to run their business, but this seems like a shytty deal for the price tag.

Mk alone is worth it almost

(For Microsoft)

PlayStation doesn't need to build a fan base or 1st party neither does Nintendo.

Them spending 4 Billy seems crazy.

Take two and Activision have the money and know the money that can bring in, long term.

MS should definitely hop on this unless there are other companies they are eyeing.

But IP's like MK don't just pop up all the time.

'Mortal Kombat 11' is selling so well, it just achieved a rare feat that no other game has accomplished in over a decade

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mk alone is worth it almost

(For Microsoft)

PlayStation doesn't need to build a fan base or 1st party neither does Nintendo.

Them spending 4 Billy seems crazy.

Take two and Activision have the money and know the money that can bring in, long term.

MS should definitely hop on this unless there are other companies they are eyeing.

But IP's like MK don't just pop up all the time.

'Mortal Kombat 11' is selling so well, it just achieved a rare feat that no other game has accomplished in over a decade

Agreed, MK is a great property to pick up. But effect paying $4 billion for it? I don't know, breh.

Also, the other complications coming along with acquiring all those studios (like the very likely reduction in headcount, and having to figure out what's going to happen with any work they're currently working on) make the cost a little iffy.

This could be a good deal, just not at that price.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Agreed, MK is a great property to pick up. But effect paying $4 billion for it? I don't know, breh.

Also, the other complications coming along with acquiring all those studios (like the very likely reduction in headcount, and having to figure out what's going to happen with any work they're currently working on) make the cost a little iffy.

This could be a good deal, just not at that price.

Yeah but the talent that comes along with it makes it sweet to me.

I'd jump to play a triple a version of shadows of Mordor or something like it.

That's granted everyone stays and is happy

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
this is exactly what ive been saying but cats wanna cry and argue about other rich peoples pockets
all you're doing is fukking it up for everyone ... none of that exclusive shyt matters, now you're going to rip the market in half and ruin gaming even more than its already been
It's an incredibly dumb point thats moving gaming back decades ... we should be getting crossplay and more shyt instead of divded systems at a higher price with the games being split in half, with half of the game locked behind a paywall ... but hey ... broke stan boys fight for billionaires pockets :yeshrug:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol:CD Project Red, Obsidian (Fallout: New Vegas), Deepsilver (Wasteland 3), Studio MDHR (Cuphead), RARE, Undead Labs, Ninja Theory, Playground Games, The Initiative, and now WB.

:mjlol:Microsoft is loading up with titans on their team. Not to mention ALL GAMES made under the Microsoft umbrella is free with game pass. They also have cross-play with PC and Nintendo and they are in talks to include Steam compatibility. They are setting up to win the console wars.
Which is why I copped a Ps4 this gen over M$. I really don’t care for any of the games those studios produce. But I’d be a hater if I said they won’t make quality hits

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol:It's obvious Microsoft is after the fighting game (Killer Instinct, MK) and speedrunner crowd (Ori, Cuphead). Genius move.
This is like saying Donkey Kong and banjo kazooie are Microsoft classics, along with goldeneye.

So every game that that was developed by a studio purchased decades later by Microsoft counts as Microsoft developed games?

:gucci:

I guess destiny is also a Microsoft classic since they owned bungie at one point, Microsoft has alot of exclusives in duckberg.

:ohhh:

:mjlol:Banjoe Kazooie is a Microsoft classic. Thank you for bringing that one up.

:mjlol:Nintendo made Donkey Kong before RARE made Country, so Microsoft doesn't get the credit for that.

:mjlol:I'd say Perfect Dark and Banjoe Kazooie are both Microsoft classics.

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I meant that's how it would be if Activision or EA bought them.
:leostare:
This is like saying Donkey Kong and banjo kazooie are Microsoft classics, along with goldeneye.

So every game that that was developed by a studio purchased decades later by Microsoft counts as Microsoft developed games?

I guess destiny is also a Microsoft classic since they owned bungie at one point, Microsoft has alot of exclusives in duckberg.

:ohhh:
Banjo is on xbox, all of them. And Microsoft never owned bungie....
Yeah, this purchase would be dumb as shyt. $4 billion is the type of money you pay to get studios with IP. They'd just be buying the studios.

So, knowing how ridiculous AT&T is being about all this, they're going to turn around and then try to hit Microsoft hard for licensing the IP for shyt the studios are known for. Imagine buying Netherrealm, then having to drop more money for them to be able to work on Mortal Kombat :dead:

All that aside, all those studios flat out aren't worth $4 billion.
5 talented studios that have made hits for decades at this point, so acquiring them to make games for you is an asset. 4 billion isn't important, having great content that makes the people come is the idea. Microsoft makes 12 billion a quarter profit just off the cloud alone. They are buying opportunity, they'll make billions if gamepass reaches 100 million members that's minimum 100 million a month with a maximum of 1.5 billion per month ($15 per for gamepass ultimate) so while you're focused on how much they could spend you're not paying attention to how much they'll make :ufdup:
They get Witcher ?
They've always had witcher in a way, witcher 2 was xbox 360 and because it wasn't hyped as much y'all didn't care. Cyber punk xbox console pre orders available now...
They'd make a better publisher

GTFO the console market
The cloud will make that possible, simple John

Critical low points :russ:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Reread my post.
Banjo is on xbox, all of them. And Microsoft never owned bungie....
Has nothing to do with the troll argument breh was making.

Just because Microsoft is connected to a studio doesn't retroactively make every game they ever made a "Microsoft classic"

shyts like arguing that all the souls games are Sony titles just because sony was associated with the development of demons soul and bloodborne. It doesn't work like that.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Reread my post.

Just because Microsoft is connected to a studio doesn't retroactively make every game they ever made a "Microsoft classic"

shyts like arguing that all the souls games are Sony titles just because sony was associated with the development of demons soul and bloodborne. It doesn't work like that.

:mjlol:Sony doesn't own FromSoftware. So you're example doesn't hold water.

:mjlol:Microsoft does own RARE, along with the other studios I mentioned. So all the IP's under their umbrella are Microsoft classics.

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Reread my post.

When xbox bought games during 360 era y'all cried fowl. Sony went ham with that this gen and you with the shyt's, they did the same during the ps2 era. Xbox seems ready to get back on its grind this gen and you looking to nitpick. This is what's important... Name the rare game that you personally played and didn't like since they joined Microsoft I'll wait...

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
When xbox bought games during 360 era y'all cried fowl. Sony went ham with that this gen and you with the shyt's, they did the same during the ps2 era. Xbox seems ready to get back on its grind this gen and you looking to nitpick. This is what's important... Name the rare game that you personally played and didn't like since they joined Microsoft I'll wait...
None of this has anything to do with my point, get off the stan shyt and try comprehending something for once.

The idea that Fallout is a Microsoft classic because they bought the studio that did new vegas is ridiculously stupid.

I'm sure that obsidian with put out quite a few classics under Microsoft, but buying the studio doesn't retroactively earn you credit for everything that studio worked on long before joining the green team.

Perfect dark and banjo were certified Nintendo classics before Microsoft got in the race, it's good that they own the studio now, but that doesn't make classic 64 titles theres.

A whole different company was behind the development of those titles at the time, shyts like thinking another mans child is yours cause you with the mom now.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I don't know if this move is the move but need to acquire more to fulfill their vision. Grab some licenses on the cheap. They can't be done buying stuff but I don't know if this is it. People can leave Rocksteady, you don't get the Batman license and is Mortal Kombat really worth that much? Nah.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
this is exactly what ive been saying but cats wanna cry and argue about other rich peoples pockets
all you're doing is fukking it up for everyone ... none of that exclusive shyt matters, now you're going to rip the market in half and ruin gaming even more than its already been
It's an incredibly dumb point thats moving gaming back decades ... we should be getting crossplay and more shyt instead of divded systems at a higher price with the games being split in half, with half of the game locked behind a paywall ... but hey ... broke stan boys fight for billionaires pockets :yeshrug:
Preach.