"Mr. Robot" Season 4 Official Thread

CookDat

Shaken, not stirred.
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Darlene not existing in the alternative reality has to mean something, right? :jbhmm:

Elliot’s dad is alive in this reality (dead in other), Tyrell is alive in this reality (dead in the other), Angela is alive in this reality (dead in the other), Darlene non-existence as far as we know in this reality (alive in the other).

Everyone that Eliot wishes was alive in the original reality (but is dead) is alive in the new reality.

The new reality appears to be related to our wishes and desires. Does Elliot wish Darlene was never around? That doesn’t seem right, but I dunno. :patrice:
Maybe thats the choice she presented Elliot with. Live his dream life with Angela or leave it all to go back to the world where his sister is still around

iseetrolledpeople

A silent witness to all this trolling going on.
Daps
Darlene not existing in the alternative reality has to mean something, right? :jbhmm:

Elliot’s dad is alive in this reality (dead in other), Tyrell is alive in this reality (dead in the other), Angela is alive in this reality (dead in the other), Darlene non-existence as far as we know in this reality (alive in the other).

Everyone that Eliot wishes was alive in the original reality (but is dead) is alive in the new reality.

The new reality appears to be related to our wishes and desires. Does Elliot wish Darlene was never around? That doesn’t seem right, but I dunno. :patrice:
You're overthinking it. The way I see it is everybody is living their own personal fairy tale. Darlene said she felt like a princess when she was kidnapped and maybe in this reality she is the daughter of the kidnapper.

shanks

All Star
Daps
"Hey. You're in the wrong place" :russ:
Glad to see him still enjoying them burgers :lolbron::wow:

xnuURhc.png

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
As for theories...the only thing my mind can fart is that somehow we've watched Eliott in the alrernate Universe and the Real One is the preppy guy. All the hacks, prison escapes, all the killing and action in general seem like movie compared to the CEO lifestyle Felliot has. Maybe we've witnessed the imagination of a rich bored hacker guy.

:mjtf:...:ohhh:...:patrice:...:leon:...:damn:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Doesn't ruin it for me, and honestly don't see how it could ruin it for anyone. They've been hinting at this for multiple seasons. Even flat out mentioned alternate realities last season.

Fred.
That's what I dig about it. It's been in front of our faces the whole time.

Personally I thought they would go there since Angela in the room with White Rose. She as never the same after that, and I didn't buy that it was just some super fast brainwashing technique by White Rose (which almost seems more magical than what we're getting). White Rose has said since early on that she is obsessed with 'hacking time' which is literally what she seems to be doing here. Everything that seems to be happening has been hinted at either directly or indirectly since EARLY on in this show's history.

Also, string theory and parallel universes are somewhat grounded in science, and so this isn't so far over the top that it feels ridiculous. This show is so trippy (and has been) that I'm just along for the ride.

The whole show has always had some elements that border on moving into ideas that are starting to get more mainstream attention, like simulation theory, string theory, etc. None of this has been executed in a ridiculous way that looks cheesy, or comes off as phony, etc.

We'll see how they end it, but considering they basically wrote the show backwards knowing the ending since day 1, I have a feeling that even if not everyone likes the ending, that it will at least be respected and understood that it was an ending that was planned al along, and not some bullshyt they were winging as they went along (ie. Lost, Dexter, Game of Thrones, etc.)

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
This could all be an illusion created by Whiterose. Her death could have been fake. Maybe she`s been indoctrinating Elliot from the very beginning because he`s special, or his father volunteered him when he was younger. The final phase may be this machine. It`s also possible They`ve been in WR`s machine the entire time. Now within said machine. Is another machine. Think Inception. The further they went down the rabbit hole (dream within a dream). The more weird\mysterious, and unstable the world got.

iseetrolledpeople

A silent witness to all this trolling going on.
Daps
:mjtf:...:ohhh:...:patrice:...:leon:...:damn:
As boring as I make it sound, I believe Blessmail can sell it to us as Grade A Piff.

But...the only thing that throws me off is Eurobateman. You saw his face when Feliott said "I know whats wrong"? He was like waiting for Felliot to say something about the fake-ness of the world or at least hint at it.

Idk man...Blessmail is inside my head rent free.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
But...the only thing that throws me off is Eurobateman. You saw his face when Feliott said "I know whats wrong"? He was like waiting for Felliot to say something about the fake-ness of the world or at least hint at it.

Idk man...Blessmail is inside my head rent free.
Nah. You're spot on. He is 'woke' and knows something is off.

When he said, 'I don't think this place is right for us' to F-ellliot it was a double entendre

Maybe there's another connection that will explain why he felt so drawn to Elliot in the world we've seen up until now.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I got nothing. I don’t even wanna read theories. I skipped past a bunch. I just wanna see what happens. I don’t wanna buy into a theory and feel that little disappointment when the one I picked isn’t right.

But man...

I fukking love this show.

Can’t wait for the finale.

:lawd:

And BD Wong bodied this episode. The acting in this show has always been top notch. Never been a weak link.

S.W.A.G.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is this about always having a choice about your reality? Our reality will always be in-balanced and we have a choice to accept risk or stick with what is easy and routine. Do 'Elliots' that rebel against their realities, have the choice to go to realities that fit their desires - for risk, for happiness? Is this the perfect world White Rose is creating, understanding the world is flawed but allowing you to always find a way out and a better world, no matter what you want or choose? :ohhh: