"Mr. Robot" Season 4 Official Thread

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I hope to God this ain't the direction we're headed with only 2 eps left
The thing is, there have been so many hints towards it from the very first season. They’ve maintained a sense of not knowing if it would go there or not, but on a rewatch I’m seeing all types of clues to it in seasons 1 and 2.

The scientist here at 5:58 even mentions possible conjoined mental states in alternate realities.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
My review of the latest episode:

c6xKhks.png

Yeah. I don't know what the fukk is going on brehs. Out of all the possibilities I think an actual alternate reality is the least plausible....just based on the weird head aches, the "earth quake", etc.

Not to mention this just being an uh....garden variety case of alternate reality wouldn't explain why time seemingly doesn't move in the new world. I'm sure someone pointed this out already but it was 11:16 AM like 3-4 times in the same ep.

I guess you could explain the other shyt as consciousnesses or whatever overlapping or the worlds converging....but the time thing doesn't make sense in that context.

Another thing, I don't know if it's been pointed out but Angela was wearing a wedding dress in season 1, episode 4. In the withdrawal/hallucination episode. And she tells Elliot "you're not Elliot, you're...." and then the screen goes black.

So I dunno. If you would've told me back in season 1 (or hell, even last season) that the end game was possible alternate realities....I probably would've stopped watching. But I can't say they jumped the shark. None of this feels....I dunno, jarring. I'd say jarring is a good word to use. The only other series that could pull a genre switch like this was "Legion" or "X-Files" but this feels more....an odd word to use, but I'd say more inevitable....than either of those.

Fred.

CookDat

Shaken, not stirred.
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I dont subscribe to the idea that this is just another trick or an illusion that Elliot is having. Whiterose literally killed herself for this shyt. This shyt is real deal. Irv saw it. Angela saw it. Now Elliot is seeing it. And seeing is believing.
ExternalLink_tumblr_odmbw5W3Uj1uemgrzo2_500.gif

cfefku89jlc11.gif

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I dont subscribe to the idea that this is just another trick or an illusion that Elliot is having. Whiterose literally killed herself for this shyt. This shyt is real deal. Irv saw it. Angela saw it. Now Elliot is seeing it. And seeing is believing.
ExternalLink_tumblr_odmbw5W3Uj1uemgrzo2_500.gif

cfefku89jlc11.gif

What did they see though? :damn: they came back to their realities anyway. Has White Rose killed herself multiple times? Is that like her trick to recruit people? :damn: does everyone go to XYZ Corpverse for a while and come back as full believers?

Was young Angela (the girl that played with Beta) the one from another reality? Which one :mindblown:

SUNDAY CAN'T COME SOON ENOUGH :damn: :feedme:

CookDat

Shaken, not stirred.
Daps
Reppin
DMV
What did they see though? :damn: they came back to their realities anyway. Has White Rose killed herself multiple times? Is that like her trick to recruit people? :damn: does everyone go to XYZ Corpverse for a while and come back as full believers?

Was young Angela (the girl that played with Beta) the one from another reality? Which one :mindblown:

SUNDAY CAN'T COME SOON ENOUGH :damn: :feedme:
This shyt so mind-bending when you try to figure it out :bryan:
We getting a 2 parter this Sunday :bryan:
Esmail gonna turn the fukkery up to 10 :bryan:

iseetrolledpeople

A silent witness to all this trolling going on.
Daps
If Esmail saw it as a movie first, andnit made sense for him in a max 2hours then I am more than confident he will wrap it just fine. Now...will everybody like it? Hard to say but he will tie all the loose ends and answer all the questions.

As for theories...the only thing my mind can fart is that somehow we've watched Eliott in the alrernate Universe and the Real One is the preppy guy. All the hacks, prison escapes, all the killing and action in general seem like movie compared to the CEO lifestyle Felliot has. Maybe we've witnessed the imagination of a rich bored hacker guy.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Darlene not existing in the alternative reality has to mean something, right? :jbhmm:

Elliot’s dad is alive in this reality (dead in other), Tyrell is alive in this reality (dead in the other), Angela is alive in this reality (dead in the other), Darlene non-existence as far as we know in this reality (alive in the other).

Everyone that Eliot wishes was alive in the original reality (but is dead) is alive in the new reality.

The new reality appears to be related to our wishes and desires. Does Elliot wish Darlene was never around? That doesn’t seem right, but I dunno. :patrice: