"Mr. Robot" Season 4 Official Thread

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Then I’m completely out the loop with fans. I’d expect that from hollywood, as I said, they pander to Hollywood. But regular ass fans, nah.

I couldn’t imagine a sopranos, the wire, BB, game of thrones, any type of show just going off the rails and doing one shot, no talking, stage play, 80s sitcom episodes at random and they be taken seriously as anything more than “I wanted to bust that type of nut”

those are filler, let esmail show off, eps to me. But I won’t argue about it. We got 2 more to go. I hope they wrap it up nicely and we don’t end up cramming this shyt in the finale when it could have been fleshed out with these extra episodes
I get where you're coming from but I just can't see myself being upset with two absolute works of art like those episodes just because they had the audacity to be works of art.

This season, especially when compared to the other prestige drama that had a final season this year, is a testament to taking MORE episodes and using the time to close doors with pomp, circumstance, and imagination. When the dust settles on this season there won't be any feelings on being shorted, or what ifs, what could have beens, or a fall off. They're absolutely swinging for the fences and they've hit a few home runs on their way out.

This season has cemented Mr Robot as a truly remarkable show that people NEED to watch, differentiating it from the littany of other fantastic shows out here in the streaming era.

In a time where every other show is falling into background noise with their desire to retain the same tone and structure of every episode for the streaming platform having an episode that's setting up these interesting and refreshing set pieces is what's setting this show apart as it makes it's legacy case.

And if you want some fans response just look at this thread during the Rififi episode or Google the way people responded to it. You are by and large in a minority.

Ain't too many people mad at a show being special.

And your use of filler is, idk how else to say it just incorrect.

Beyond pivotal things happened in those episodes. It cannot be filler if isnt pivotal to the plot. Not your taste is not your taste, but episodes that are so unbelievably integral to the story are absolutely not filler.

That's what makes those episodes special. They are not only high concept but they accomplish important story beats other shows settle for just telling any other regular way and calling it a day.

Oh and Game of Thrones' big battle episodes (making it a point to film continually long ones in a dikk measuring Hollywood contest) are some of the best received episodes and the ones that people got gassed for (blackwater, hardhorne, battle of the b*stards)

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@Scottie Drippin i guess I feel like Esmail is just doing shyt to do it. Let’s have our 5 act play episode. Here’s our rom com episode. Here’s our symbolic death episode. Instead of the story telling itself. They are letting Hollywood style shyt, invade the story. Even leon. Like how much money do you pay a contract killer with elite hand to hand (jail) skills and regular pistol work (the barn) to drive your sister to the airport. But instead he wants to recruit her? On what basis?

it was sillyness. Hey let’s give homie the send off. Let’s have him happen to be there selling his book at the exact same time. Here let’s tell Darlene and Dom the one thing that’ll split them up and also drive Darlene back to the brother she just gave up to DA 6 hours ago.

This show didn’t used to be like this. I blame it on the extra eps. I said it before this season. When shows get to the last season and start doing new shyt, it’s always a sign it’s gonna go downhill. All these extra episodes and the filler is spilling out everywhere.

Fam I respect your opinion but....this show has never let "the story tell itself", what are you talking about? :dead:

You're acting like....I dunno, David Simon wrote "The Wire" seasons 1-4 and then let David Lynch take over for 5.

Everything present in this season, was in every other season. I'd compare this last ep with Darlene/Dom, and the Tyrell ep....to the ep from season 3 where Elliot takes the kid to the movies.

Season 1 had a talking fish and an entire hallucination sequence fans are still trying to decipher, 4 years later. Never mind the "Fight Club" stuff.

Half of season 2 took place in Elliot's mind. Then they had the whole "is Tyrell real or not?" thing.

Season 3 had the suicide ep, the one shot ep, and Angela and Whiterose basically playing "ZORK" for an entire ep.

Season 4 is doing the same over indulgent, weird shyt as any other season. If that's not your cup of tea :manny: but I can't imagine watching this for 4 years and still being :what: at it doing the same shyt it always has, since day 1.

And as far as critical acclaim, this season is actually #2 behind season 1 on both RT and Metacritic. And the three highest rated episodes of the entire series on IMDB (as voted by regular fans) are from this season. Half of the top 10 are from this season, too.

So :yeshrug: not that it means anything to you. But you did ask about acclaim.

Oh and as far as Irving....I don't think for a second that was a coincidence. I think he was trolling them and that's DA's way of saying "we could get you touched if we cared enough to do it."

Fred.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
Fam I respect your opinion but....this show has never let "the story tell itself", what are you talking about? :dead:

You're acting like....I dunno, David Simon wrote "The Wire" seasons 1-4 and then let David Lynch take over for 5.

Everything present in this season, was in every other season. I'd compare this last ep with Darlene/Dom, and the Tyrell ep....to the ep from season 3 where Elliot takes the kid to the movies.

Season 1 had a talking fish and an entire hallucination sequence fans are still trying to decipher, 4 years later. Never mind the "Fight Club" stuff.

Half of season 2 took place in Elliot's mind. Then they had the whole "is Tyrell real or not?" thing.

Season 3 had the suicide ep, the one shot ep, and Angela and Whiterose basically playing "ZORK" for an entire ep.

Season 4 is doing the same over indulgent, weird shyt as any other season. If that's not your cup of tea :manny: but I can't imagine watching this for 4 years and still being :what: at it doing the same shyt it always has, since day 1.

And as far as critical acclaim, this season is actually #2 behind season 1 on both RT and Metacritic. And the three highest rated episodes of the entire series on IMDB (as voted by regular fans) are from this season. Half of the top 10 are from this season, too.

So :yeshrug: not that it means anything to you. But you did ask about acclaim.

Oh and as far as Irving....I don't think for a second that was a coincidence. I think he was trolling them and that's DA's way of saying "we could get you touched if we cared enough to do it."

Fred.

I also gathered that from the scene because Irving mentioned to Dom that Darlene was a loud mouth (her yelling at the park) just to let Dom know that the Dark Army been seeing them.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
All in all, episode served to write off Dom and it did a very good job of it.
:laff:

This is what the stans have to tell themselves to suppress their disappointment

Episode was ass. Not as bad as the drunk Santa one, but ass nonetheless

@Scottie Drippin i guess I feel like Esmail is just doing shyt to do it. Let’s have our 5 act play episode. Here’s our rom com episode. Here’s our symbolic death episode. Instead of the story telling itself. They are letting Hollywood style shyt, invade the story. Even leon. Like how much money do you pay a contract killer with elite hand to hand (jail) skills and regular pistol work (the barn) to drive your sister to the airport. But instead he wants to recruit her? On what basis?.

Breh, this is what I have been saying all season. This has been lipstick on a pig. Average storytelling hidden by excess on all other fronts.

The praise that the "no dialogue" episode got was a JOKE. There was nothing special about that. The lack of dialogue covered for a lack of interesting content. And he couldn't even do THAT right because he just used text messages as a substitute for speaking. And you have people acting like it is high art
:dead:

This season at this point in time is a 7/10. If it wasn't the final season it would be about time to drop the show because aint nobody got time for that.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Yea....... to me this ep wasn’t really my cup of tea..... but I can appreciate as an ep that’s a transitional one... for characters and storylines.

This ep felt like how in the WWF, they used to have like a dope Benoit vs Kurt Angle match. Then roll into a match with Stacy Keebler vs Marlena in between the main event of Rock vs Austin:mjlol:

But I’m still with it

Now the real question is:lolbron:

A third :hula: Time travel??

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Then I’m completely out the loop with fans. I’d expect that from hollywood, as I said, they pander to Hollywood. But regular ass fans, nah.

I couldn’t imagine a sopranos, the wire, BB, game of thrones, any type of show just going off the rails and doing one shot, no talking, stage play, 80s sitcom episodes at random and they be taken seriously as anything more than “I wanted to bust that type of nut”

those are filler, let esmail show off, eps to me. But I won’t argue about it. We got 2 more to go. I hope they wrap it up nicely and we don’t end up cramming this shyt in the finale when it could have been fleshed out with these extra episodes
I love the Sopranos there were plenty of filler episodes. You're just aimlessly ranting now:ld:

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
This episode was kinda light but the ending had my heart beating on some :damn: shyt.

the other dark army dude just so happening to be at the airport was too much of a coincidence to me. Either they aren’t really done with them so they sent him to stake out or this was ok some fan service shyt. Either way I marked out.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I also gathered that from the scene because Irving mentioned to Dom that Darlene was a loud mouth (her yelling at the park) just to let Dom know that the Dark Army been seeing them.

Exactly.

And he mentioned how the book is good "for a long flight". So he knew where they were going.

Fred.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I love the Sopranos there were plenty of filler episodes. You're just aimlessly ranting now:ld:
Y'all purposely being dense.. I didn't say there's never been a filler episode on this show or any other... Also, plenty of shows have had dream sequences or out of wack episodes, including this one...

What I said was, no show just completely trots out a different genre of show, just cause. Hey here's the sopranos silent episode... Hey here's the stage play.. Hey here's the one shot... Hey here's the...............

It's on some "look what I can do kids" shyt. When it used to happen, it would go along with the story. Now he seems to do it for grandstanding. We didn't need a 5 act stage theater play for any other reason, but to show off the fact he could do it. There was no part in the story that said "There needs to be a play here". Just as there was no part that said "Everyone in the world should not speak, even cops trying to run down a suspect"

There's a dream sequence... There's tricking us to believe one thing, because we never let "Elliott" know about his dead dad, so he hid him being in jail... There's a crazy riot so you need to show multiple things going on in one stream, to show how hectic things are....

Then there's pulling a romantic comedy out of your ass, in the middle of your brother going on a suicide mission, just to let one character get sent off.. I've admitted I'm not with most fans I guess. I don't want this to see what the director can do stylistically. I love the story and I'm seeing it veer off to show off. "After I took over Haiti yo... I wanted them selling my shyt in the corner sto...." Man shut the fukk up and get the goddamn part

I dunno... You can check my posts in every season thread. I never talked like this before. Not even during the second season when everyone was hating on the twist. It's like Esmail is feeling himself too much. Just stick to the script playa

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dom did all that traveling after surgery from a butcher knife in the chest:usure:

...and the odds of running into Irving next to his book display:duck:

I've suspend enuff belief to buy that FUKKERY:stopitslime:

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
Dom did all that traveling after surgery from a butcher knife in the chest:usure:

This was not just a coincidence....DA has been watching those two and Irving's meeting was planned

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps

This is what the stans have to tell themselves to suppress their disappointment

Episode was ass. Not as bad as the drunk Santa one, but ass nonetheless

Breh, this is what I have been saying all season. This has been lipstick on a pig. Average storytelling hidden by excess on all other fronts.

The praise that the "no dialogue" episode got was a JOKE. There was nothing special about that. The lack of dialogue covered for a lack of interesting content. And he couldn't even do THAT right because he just used text messages as a substitute for speaking. And you have people acting like it is high art
:dead:

This season at this point in time is a 7/10. If it wasn't the final season it would be about time to drop the show because aint nobody got time for that.
You definitely smell your own farts :heh:

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC

Go back and listen to what Irving said to Dom.

It was no coincidence, the Dark Army was watching/following them.