"Mr. Robot" Season 4 Official Thread

Daps
The faggiest shyt is every robot clip I've seen with angela someone in the comments is always like "see that look she has? That's mrs. Robot"

Shut the fukk up

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
It would be way out of character for Darlene to allow a family full of innocent people (including a handful of children at that) to be gruesomely murdered. She loves Elliot but she’s not built to have that many innocent bodies on her conscious.

She’s got lofty goals of bringing down the dark army, but she’s just a regular person and she’s not some hardened super soldier that’s been trained to let innocent people die for the greater good.

She didn’t fold after Dom got stabbed either. She showed no signs of giving Elliot up until Dom’s family was in immediate and grave danger.

That was very consistent with her character and how she’s been written.
The more y’all say this, the more I think that’s bullshyt about her character. When did she show any mercy or consideration for innocent people? Ever?

first season they were gonna blow up the tech center. It was Elliott saying let’s find another way. She gave no fukks and was fine with the blow up plan.

season 2 she saw what the hack caused to innocent people in the world. She kept it up. Lead her own team and sent them on missions to fukk up more. Killed that lady although she wasn’t innocent. But she wasn’t above murder when others said no. Put Angela into it by having her hack the fbi. Even blackmailed her telling her that CD would get her caught up. Tried to get Doms info and card which would have jammed Dom up and fukked her career up. Tried to get Elliott locked up. Wouldn’t even leave the game for her boyfriend who wanted to run away.

In fact, the ONLY time we see her do something to protect anybody besides her brother, is Doms family. There is literally no other time she acts compassionate to innocent people.

maybe I missed it. But she seems like a weak manipulative jealous (of Elliott) broad. Not some champion for the innocent

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
The more y’all say this, the more I think that’s bullshyt about her character. When did she show any mercy or consideration for innocent people? Ever?

first season they were gonna blow up the tech center. It was Elliott saying let’s find another way. She gave no fukks and was fine with the blow up plan.

season 2 she saw what the hack caused to innocent people in the world. She kept it up. Lead her own team and sent them on missions to fukk up more. Killed that lady although she wasn’t innocent. But she wasn’t above murder when others said no. Put Angela into it by having her hack the fbi. Even blackmailed her telling her that CD would get her caught up. Tried to get Doms info and card which would have jammed Dom up and fukked her career up. Tried to get Elliott locked up. Wouldn’t even leave the game for her boyfriend who wanted to run away.

In fact, the ONLY time we see her do something to protect anybody besides her brother, is Doms family. There is literally no other time she acts compassionate to innocent people.

maybe I missed it. But she seems like a weak manipulative jealous (of Elliott) broad. Not some champion for the innocent
She’s not some champion for the innocent either. But there’s a distance between bombing someone and knowing that children are being gutted or otherwise tortured or killed while someone you care about is begging and pleading and sobbing on the floor.

It may not seem like it’s perfectly in line with her character but IIRC she seems to have a soft spot for children like Elliot does. She was also abused so it’s very likely she hates children being harmed.

I just think it’s really easy to sit back and act like anyone besides the most hardened sociopath would be a sellout in that ghastly situation if they gave up the information.

At the very least the truth is in the middle from how you see it and how some of the other people here do. And it definitely did not seem like some jarring departure from her character to me.
:manny:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Interesting but useless Easter egg I just noticed - I was looking up how Mr. Robot even ended up on USA and it turns out it was down to the head of development...

Officially, Mr. Robot came to life at USA a year ago, last summer, when network president Chris McCumber gave creator Sam Esmail the green light to begin casting and filming a pilot episode. McCumber, who credits USA development chief Alex Sepiol for “unearthing the project and putting it in front of” him, says he and his team were sold on the idea as soon as they read the script.

Guess he got a shout out when Elliot went to Steel Mountain :leon:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
She’s not some champion for the innocent either. But there’s a distance between bombing someone and knowing that children are being gutted or otherwise tortured or killed while someone you care about is begging and pleading and sobbing on the floor.

It may not seem like it’s perfectly in line with her character but IIRC she seems to have a soft spot for children like Elliot does. She was also abused so it’s very likely she hates children being harmed.

I just think it’s really easy to sit back and act like anyone besides the most hardened sociopath would be a sellout in that ghastly situation if they gave up the information.

At the very least the truth is in the middle from how you see it and how some of the other people here do. And it definitely did not seem like some jarring departure from her character to me.
:manny:
And there brings me back to my original point.... When in the hell did Darlene start CARING about Dom? It surely wasn't her slow footing and feeding false info... That one night of fukking got them both wide open like this? Cause from Darlene's side, she was just doing it to get the card... So she still didn't give a fukk about her at that point. That same day her and Dom get kidnapped by the OG mole. They never even see each other again until that night at Angelas.

I love this show.. But it seems like they just kinda doing shyt right now. They had ample time to build up their love/lust on a combined level. She sobbing over Dom like no I won't leave you... bytch WHAT!!! Y'all taking over the DA in a few HOURS... Your brother is MISSING.. who is she to you again?

Maybe I'm breaking it down too deep but I thought this was that type of show. Old breaking bad, director is a god, he doesn't miss any detail, oh it was there the whole time, type of shyt.. This shyt is shaky at best with the last two eps

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And there brings me back to my original point.... When in the hell did Darlene start CARING about Dom? It surely wasn't her slow footing and feeding false info... That one night of fukking got them both wide open like this? Cause from Darlene's side, she was just doing it to get the card... So she still didn't give a fukk about her at that point. That same day her and Dom get kidnapped by the OG mole. They never even see each other again until that night at Angelas.

I love this show.. But it seems like they just kinda doing shyt right now. They had ample time to build up their love/lust on a combined level. She sobbing over Dom like no I won't leave you... bytch WHAT!!! Y'all taking over the DA in a few HOURS... Your brother is MISSING.. who is she to you again?

Maybe I'm breaking it down too deep but I thought this was that type of show. Old breaking bad, director is a god, he doesn't miss any detail, oh it was there the whole time, type of shyt.. This shyt is shaky at best with the last two eps
I assumed Darlenes main motivation for caring about Dom was remorse for absolutely wrecking her life. What do you mean by ‘old breaking bad’?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
I assumed Darlenes main motivation for caring about Dom was remorse for absolutely wrecking her life. What do you mean by ‘old breaking bad’?
I don't know... They are acting like they are in love. I just haven't seen that ground laid. But maybe he'll explain it.

What I mean is, "maybe he'll explain it," is getting said a little too much all the sudden. We held BB in high regard because Gilligan was so meticulous about things. We all, myself included, starting throwing Esmail in there and this series, as one of those types of show/creator connection. All the sudden, it's the Tyrell episode and maybe it'll get explained. The child rape how it weaves into the ending, maybe it'll get explained. Darlene and Dom's budding love, maybe it'll get explained. The third personality and who, why, what, all that....

We got 5 episodes left and a lot of wrapping up to do. And instead we're getting these production like episodes, almost theatrical. Maybe it's cause I did a full rewatch right before this season, but this is not the same type of show all the sudden. The last few episodes have been a little off to me.. We've been on the same 24 hours for 5 episodes now. I'm just hoping he sticks this landing

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know... They are acting like they are in love. I just haven't seen that ground laid. But maybe he'll explain it.

What I mean is, "maybe he'll explain it," is getting said a little too much all the sudden. We held BB in high regard because Gilligan was so meticulous about things. We all, myself included, starting throwing Esmail in there and this series, as one of those types of show/creator connection. All the sudden, it's the Tyrell episode and maybe it'll get explained. The child rape how it weaves into the ending, maybe it'll get explained. Darlene and Dom's budding love, maybe it'll get explained. The third personality and who, why, what, all that....

We got 5 episodes left and a lot of wrapping up to do. And instead we're getting these production like episodes, almost theatrical. Maybe it's cause I did a full rewatch right before this season, but this is not the same type of show all the sudden. The last few episodes have been a little off to me.. We've been on the same 24 hours for 5 episodes now. I'm just hoping he sticks this landing

:dahell:

That's not what's happening.

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I see why Darlene was reluctant to leave Dom. They just went through a traumatic experience together....and survived. Right then and there you would want to make it out together or you'll feel guilty for a very long time. In the grand scheme of things, the better choice was to run though, which is what Dom said to do.
I think its a fitting end to their characters. They should both die now. White Rose can't be having this mess.

HoloGraphic

Trillionaire
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

I think when the Axe Murder happens and Dom calls her terrible is when Darlene has a change of heart.

Also what's happening with that Car Salesman Dark Army guy?

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I swear if Darlene's an Alter:lawd:

... and it make sense through White Rose time machine/duality FUKKERY:lupe:

Then BLESSmail is indeed one of the GOATs:banderas: